Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm already feeling disappointed about the movie...

ManaMinori

First off, I feel like the pony movie should have come much sooner than it is scheduled to be. Certainly not after 4 spinoff franchise movies, when FiM is the main moneymaker, and ahead of EqG in terms of popularity. And speaking of- I can't help but feel disappointed by the near certain conviction that Sunset Shimmer won't be a character in the grand pony movie, in spite of her awesomeness. (She needs to be in all the movies!)

Does anyone have disappointment about the FiM movie? Will it effect your going to see the movie when it premiers? Will it effect your enjoyment of it?

Edited by Yellow Diamond
Changed misleading title.

Sunset Shimmer won't be a character in the grand pony movie, in spite of her awesomeness. (She needs to be in all the movies!)

Seriously?! O_O

Sunset isn't in the next EqG movie?! Why would they do this?! >_<

Seriously?! O_O

I said she wont be in the PONY movie. Yanno, the one coming in 2017, which is evident by what forum this is in....
  • Brohoof 2

I said she wont be in the PONY movie. Yanno, the one coming in 2017, which is evident by what forum this is in....

*facepalms* -__-  :derp: 

Sorreh XP

Back on topic, 

Based on the information we have now, there doesn't seem to be much of anything that would disappoint, Sure, Sunset isn't there, but she's not exactly Canon in the show lore, and Since the Movie is likely based on the show I can forgive Hasbro for not including her. 

My only "slight" issue with the film is that their main script writer will be Joe Ballarini, who has not had any connections to the MLP and I'm certain that he's not a brony, So it makes me a little worried as to how well he can represent the characters. I was hoping one of the Show's writers would be in charge of the film given just how important this is to the fandom, but I'll withhold my criticism until we learn more. 

• Brohoof 2

So let's see the logic here:

-Movie is not even close to coming out.

-Four spinoff movies predate it.

= "Disappointed" in the movie.

I'm sorry what?

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 5

Seriously?! O_O

LOL. She's in it complete with permanent fire/alicorn wings it looks like.

1131692__safe_sunset+shimmer_toy_wings_l

*facepalms* -__-  :derp:

Sorreh XP

Back on topic, 

Based on the information we have now, there doesn't seem to be much of anything that would disappoint, Sure, Sunset isn't there, but she's not exactly Canon in the show lore, and Since the Movie is likely based on the show I can forgive Hasbro for not including her. 

My only "slight" issue with the film is that their main script writer will be Joe Ballarini, who has not had any connections to the MLP and I'm certain that he's not a brony, So it makes me a little worried as to how well he can represent the characters. I was hoping one of the Show's writers would be in charge of the film given just how important this is to the fandom, but I'll withhold my criticism until we learn more. 

I thought that meghan McCarthy was working on it fulltime as a Co-writer?

I thought that meghan McCarthy was working on it fulltime as a Co-writer?

I'm honestly  a bit uncertain myself, 

I might be wrong but after some digging, It appears that McCarthy will be screenwriter while Joe writes the script. I don't really know the difference between the two roles but that is what I've found.

McCarthy will also be co producer alongside Mike Vogel.

No denial that some of us are afraid the creators could probably "commit a phantom menace" with the movie. Yes, the first prequel's name has become a meaning.

Edited by Limeblossom

So let's see the logic here:

-Movie is not even close to coming out.

-Four spinoff movies predate it.

= "Disappointed" in the movie.

I'm sorry what?

movie is dc close to coming out

Pony movie should've come before spinoff movies

And I'll retract my former statement. Instead, I'll say this- I'm not prematurely disappointed in the movie. (Because it nor a trailer is even out yet) I'm disappointed that -from what I've seen so far from the spinoffs and mybown nagging suspicions- that Sunset won't be in it.

I don't recall if this is true or not but I don't remember seeing Ballarini's name anymore on the film's writing credits. Granted, he was there early on when the film was first mentioned including the writing credits but after a while, his name suddenly went missing. It may or may not have had something to do with the issue about who would distribute the film since I heard Sony would be doing it first but it's currently Lionsgate. If it is something to be a little more optimistic about, Meghan McCarthy is still writing the script. 

• Brohoof 1

I usually hold back on having any opinion on movies before I see them, so I kind of disagree. There isn't even a trailer out yet. Besides that, if I remember correctly, some of the show staff is still working on the movie, too.

• Brohoof 1

I might be wrong but after some digging, It appears that McCarthy will be screenwriter while Joe writes the script. I don't really know the difference between the two roles but that is what I've found.

There isn't really any difference. Screenplay is just a more specific term for a script used for a movie or television show (although teleplay is often used for this as well). As far as I know, Joe has no involvement in the film now and McCarthy is the sole screenwriter.

• Brohoof 1

Mind giving a link to the source?

I've never heard of that before O_O 

Really? That's all I've heard about it. It's after season 6 and after the EQG movies, and it's supposedly the end. Not much else they could do after it.

Really? That's all I've heard about it. It's after season 6 and after the EQG movies, and it's supposedly the end. Not much else they could do after it.

That sounds unlikely,

For one , A Hasbro executive  in 2014 has already stated that the current generation will be around for at least 5 more years , key word being "at least". 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/discussion-5-more-years-what-do-you.html

That sounds unlikely,

For one , A Hasbro executive  in 2014 has already stated that the current generation will be around for at least 5 more years , key word being "at least". 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/discussion-5-more-years-what-do-you.html

The franchise, which dosen't necessarily mean the tv show, since Hasbros Marketing team mostly focuses on the toys and they can go as far as 2019.

That's not a guarantee that the show will go on that long.

To stay a bit on topic, i think it's a bit unfair to judge a whole movie by a character missing that you like.

The franchise, which dosen't necessarily mean the tv show, since Hasbros Marketing team mostly focuses on the toys and they can go as far as 2019.   That's not a guarantee that the show will go on that long.

I keep forgetting about that fact , sorreh Mesme :P

that said , 

Having the toy line go on for another 5 years does increase the likelihood  that the Show will go on for just as long.

The only sense of disappointment I expect is from people going into a My Little Pony movie expecting fucking Lord of the Rings instead of My Little Pony. Which this fandom has a tendency of doing a lot unfortunately

• Brohoof 9

To be honest while I do want to see the film, I can't say thar I am really excited yet. Mainly due to the lack of information provided as of right now. I hope we can at least get some information about it soon.

• Brohoof 1

Anyone disappointed in Sunset Shimmer not being in the movie needs to have some sense knocked into them, especially since she is by far overrated and somewhat poorly written, at least in the first and second movie. I don't get how some fans obsess over her as if she is some great character.

I find the love many fans have for Sunset Shimmer almost as annoy as many fans hatred of Flash Sentry. Before any argue he was a badly written character, I argue most of the characters were in the first two movies.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1