Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did all of us just...forget about a certain Prince Blueblood?

Summer Wish

That PRINCE, Blueblood.....is oh I don't know.... A PRINCE???

Now bare with me...he is a jerk.

Then again Twilight is a living weapon...

Well he is full of himself.

Then again so is Luna thinking she needs no helping controlling her own self made demon...

He is just another do nothing royal snob who just does paper work all day.

:Glares at Celestia:

He has old fashion views on gender roles.

:double glares at Cadence:

My point, jokes aside. Is he IS royal blood. So your telling me ONLY FEMALE royalty get the powers of God's and life spans of the ages....really?

I think some pony bucked up here.

They could probably bring him back if they wanted to, but he seems so unpopular that I doubt the staff would even want to bother, though that didn't stop IDW from giving him a focus comic with Shining Armor(which I've actually heard is quite decent)

I haven't watched this show in over 2 years. So yeah.. I forgot. 

They could probably bring him back if they wanted to, but he seems so unpopular that I doubt the staff would even want to bother, though that didn't stop IDW from giving him a focus comic with Shining Armor(which I've actually heard is quite decent)

I actually kinda wanna see him again, as unpopular as he is. I'm sure he'll still be a jerk, but in the season 1 finale it kind of seemed like they made him the rude, ungentlemanly archetype character. I'm curious as to what royal duties, if any, he has as prince.

Sure, Shining Armor is a prince, but he's also captain of the Royal Guard. So whenever we see him he's usually being Cadence's husband and/or doing Royal Guard stuff. Blueblood has no other such obligations so I'm curious what his day to day life is like.

Perhaps he is adopted. That's my headcannon.

Shining Armor is a Prince too
To be fair, he only married into the royal family. So he doesn't have royal blood in him.
  • Brohoof 2

To be fair, he only married into the royal family. So he doesn't have royal blood in him.

Technically not even that.

Cadence never had any royal blood in her as well seeing as she was also turned into an Alicorn.

True, but it could be a sense of that he earned his way into that, since this kind of royalty thing seems to be a thing that is mostly earned. The male standard in the FiM world is really confusing.

Cadence never had any royal blood in her as well seeing as she was also turned into an Alicorn.
Well, she did do something that earned her the title of princess. It's in the "princess cadance and the crystal heart spell" book. 

Let's not forget this IS is show meant for the young girl audience. I mean come on, look at Sailor Moon, PowerPuff Girls (with the exception of the RowdyRuff Boys but they still got beat by girls) and other shows.

The show never expected to gain the fanbase that they have now so it wasn't uncommon for them to make a "royal" pony like Prince BlueBlood be a jerk with no special stuff about him.

Well, she did do something that earned her the title of princess. It's in the "princess cadance and the crystal heart spell" book. 

I know, but if we're talking pure bloodlines, Cadence does not have any blood from Celestia/Luna's bloodline. She is a princess, no doubt about that, though. It's just she doesn't share royal blood.

(edited)

Going back to the original Hearth's Warming Eve,

the Unicorn tribe is mentioned as having a royal bloodline that governs it. That of descended from King Bullion's line, father to Princess Platinum and then the lineage goes down from there.  I suspect (my theory) that the Unicorn tribe never actually got rid of their 'royal lineage' but ceded the main ruling power of all of Equestia over to Celestia and Luna after their appearance.  I've always thought Prince Blueblood is a descendant from that old Unicorn royalty lineage and thus, since he's NOT actually blood related to Celestia or Luna, but still retains some royalty lineage, would be able to fit within the odd puzzling situation surrounding him.   I get the feeling the royal unicorn lineage, although no longer a major ruling power, possibly still retains their upper royal status even in the current timeline.

Edited by pony.colin
  • Brohoof 1

It can easily be explained if Prince Blueblood is decended from a previously adopted pony making him legally a nephew.I think that may have been the staff explanation.

Or

His great great great great ... grandparents were born from a Luna and Sombra love affair.

There's the very real possibility that he isn't actually royal, and "prince" in his name is jst that- nomenclature only. I mean, Prince here wasn't really royal, either. Do we have canon sources of Blueblood being actually related to royalty?

There's the very real possibility that he isn't actually royal, and "prince" in his name is jst that- nomenclature only. I mean, Prince here wasn't really royal, either. Do we have canon sources of Blueblood being actually related to royalty?

He described himself as royal, or at least his lips.  Does that count?

And it was Lauren Faust that said he is a nephew (many times removed) of the sisters, and she was still involved with the show at that point, but of course an announcement like that isn't 'in-universe' so isn't exactly canon.

So there is some suggestion that he is royal (his title, and description of himself), and nothing at all to suggest that he isn't royal, ergo, he is royalty until stated otherwise.

(edited)
I mean come on, look at Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon features the following (and this isn't everything):

- A character getting impaled

- Two female lovers

- Three females disguised as males (and being hit on by the main characters who are female, and still think they're pretty hot after finding out the truth)

- The physical incarnation of Death fighting alongside the main characters

- Allegories for God and the Devil that are not subtle at all

- Allegories for mythological Gods and Goddesses (again that are not subtle)

- And characters dying and being revived more often than they are in Dragonball Z 

I somehow hardly think the show is comparable to My Little Pony.

That PRINCE, Blueblood.....is oh I don't know.... A PRINCE???

Now bare with me...he is a jerk.

Then again Twilight is a living weapon...

Well he is full of himself.

Then again so is Luna thinking she needs no helping controlling her own self made demon...

He is just another do nothing royal snob who just does paper work all day.

:Glares at Celestia:

He has old fashion views on gender roles.

:double glares at Cadence:

My point, jokes aside. Is he IS royal blood. So your telling me ONLY FEMALE royalty get the powers of God's and life spans of the ages....really?

I think some pony bucked up here.

Well, I don't think anyone ever really said that only females could be royalty.  Quite the opposite, really.  Males AND females should be able to be royalty.  And for that matter, royalty shouldn't be limited to Alicorns (and they aren't limited to Alicorns, thanks to recent developments in the series).

Edited by SBaby

@@Summer Wish

Just letting you know that I edited the title of your topic so that it better reflected the OP.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

He wasn't ever meant to be a prince, just a duke. Hasbro made them change it to prince because they didn't think kids would understand what a duke was. besides, they really had no plans to use him other than as Rarity's fantasy boyfriend and then turn that fantasy against her.

It would be interesting to see Prince Blueblood return and what would happen if he ever crossed paths with Rarity again. Maybe he'd wind up dating a shallower, gold digging mare who is just as vain and pompous as he is.