Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there any part of the animation you DON'T like?

Azureth

I like most of it just fine and have noticed a few improvements they have made over the years, but one thing that does kind of bother me is how sometimes the background can scroll over and over and over again. It's especially noticeable during the song "Light of your cutie mark".

Weird faces. In S5 there's been some that look like they should be in Spongebob or something. S6 has been a bit better. Aside from that, I absolutely love the style. Rarely ever notice any shortcuts - show's smooth as butter nowadays. 

• Brohoof 1

Looking back at the first episodes the animation was definitely different. Character movements and facial features weren't at its best and that out an damper on certain characteristics of the character. The animation eventually improve to where each character now has a profound body language and expressions that redefines that particular character.

• Brohoof 1

Generally speaking, no, there's nothing I don't like.  It's one of the most beautifully animated cartoons I've ever seen.  Everything about the style is just wonderful.  That said, I would kind of prefer it if they scaled back just a teense on the personification once in awhile.  Don't get me wrong, I like them being personified, but sometimes I would like it if some of their movements and postures were just a little bit more equine.  It's a nice reminder that they're ponies, and it's adorable as well.  My only other grievance is that I dislike when things get too slapstick.  We don't want Looney Tunes, here.  Like, for instance, in the Cutie Re-Mark, when Twilight spotted Starlight and her eyes bugged out right through the binoculars and she made the startled blaooga horn sound....ugh, that was just terrible.  The less of that we have, the better.  Luckily, they are pretty sparse with that stuff.

Episodes that don't show any new environments. I find those boring to look at.

This show is nicest when it surprises us.

This I agree with. Flutter Brutter actually showed Ponyville at a different time of day, and that little change was huge. When the show does something like that it is noticeable because it seems as if we tend to get the same angles and background shots. I won't to see more dynamic uses of backgrounds and scenery when it makes sense.

The cardboard cutout background ponies,and also the copy pasting of the same ponies to fill the background. It doesn't piss me off or anything,it just seems a little lazy to me. 

(edited)

I like pretty much everything about the animation, save some of the repeated background ponies, as aforementioned... But the 3D animation on the Timberwolves is something that greatly bothers me. :twi: Compared to the 2D ponies and backgrounds, they look quite out of place in my opinion.

Edited by Wolves

i mean animation errors are not good but i think thats a cop out so i guess when they re use assets too much like if you look you can see just how much they re use assets from walking cycles to almost everything and the show has over 120 episodes so there has been alot of assets made but lately they have been making more new ones so its getting better i mean its fine to re use assets it saves time and money but when they have new assets it just looks so good the Trailler for the next episode from the looks has alot of new assets and it looks amazing