number1pegasister

Skykla,or Flurry Heart?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Who is better by design or name?

• Flurry Heart(design)
    • Flurry Heart(nam)
    • Skyla(design)
    • Skyla(name)

I'm having so much fun figuring things out about this website!

Made a quick change to your topic name so it's descriptive.

I would wager that Flurry Heart would win, mostly due to her canon status. Skyla was always weird to me, and some of her reputation isn't accurate but still believed.

• Brohoof 3

Isn't Skyla basically a recolor of Sweetie Belle? Flurry Heart's eyes creep me out, but at least her design is original (the colors look great too). I prefer Flurry Heart's name as well.

• Brohoof 1

Isn't Skyla basically a recolor of Sweetie Belle? Flurry Heart's eyes creep me out, but at least her design is original (the colors look great too). I prefer Flurry Heart's name as well.

Basically every toyline exclusive pony is a recolor of a canon character, so nothing new here :dash:. Anyway, for an alicorn: Skyla has a better ring, but the colors of McFlurry are better for being original, while Skyla's are basically a darker Cadance  :-P

I prefer Flurry Heart's design, and Skyla's name. Flurry Heart's appearance borrows more from her father than Skyla, who is basically Cadence with Sweetie Belle's model and a different pink. Skyla is an awesome name, though. Flurry Heart is a cute name, but Skyla is more unique.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

There isn't really much to talk about Skyla. She looks like a Sweetie Bell clone w/ Cadence colors. But I do prefer the name 'Skyla' to Flurry heart, which sounds like a McDonald's treat. But Flurryheart has the more original design. Expected, since she's animated rather than a recolor on a toy. Seriously it feels like the designs for the show and the designs for the toy are done in two different countries, the quality is so stark.

But, I am liking fanon designs of both and how they're paired up as sisters.

399891a7996da27057965ff2add70f27.jpg

mlp-art-my-little-pony-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%B

large.png

• Brohoof 5

I highly prefer the Flurry Heart design (minus the huge wings. Actually, minus her being an Alicorn at all) but I think the name Skyla has a far better sound to it. Flurry Heart is not a bad name, but Skyla to me rings better. Flurry's color scheme is amazing too.

• 2 years later...
On 8/4/2016 at 6:57 PM, MegaSean45 said:

Flurry Heart's design is more original than Skyla's, but I do like the name 'Skyla' better. Flurry Heart sounds like a slushie name, and Skyla... that just sounds leet!

True, until you consider that Skyla is the name of a female contraceptive device.  Awkward.

4 hours ago, Soaring Symphony said:

True, until you consider that Skyla is the name of a female contraceptive device.  Awkward.

Most pony names can be well be real life stripper names :dash:. That reminds me, I’ve stumbled upon a quiz about ponies years ago, and I think that quiz was even older (fandom’s golden age at the oldest). At one point it does mention pony names sound like stripper names, and had to choose actual canon pony names over other random nouns. You wanna know which one of the incorrect (stripper name) answer was? Aria Blaze :D

3 hours ago, shyabetes3939 said:

I voted Flurry Heart because who the hell is Skyla?

Princess-Skyla-So-Soft-Reborn-2.jpg

That’s Skyla. All this stuff about her being Cadance’s child is speculation, logical, but speculation nonetheless. She’s probably a prototype McFlurry