Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Describe yourself with a song!

TomokoKuroki

Are melodies alone allowed?  Truth be told I haven't been listening to much lyrical music lately.  Not that I have anything against it but I just prefer music without lyrics.  Here's two that I think do a good job anyway:

Intense.  Confused.  Regretful.  Reflective.  Ambitious.  

A Little Help From My Friends

Without all the people in my life that actually believed in me when many others would have given up I wouldn't be where I am today.

• Brohoof 1

Are melodies alone allowed?  Truth be told I haven't been listening to much lyrical music lately.  Not that I have anything against it but I just prefer music without lyrics.  Here's two that I think do a good job anyway:

Intense.  Confused.  Regretful.  Reflective.  Ambitious.  

Sure, it doesn't have to be a song without lyrics. It can be an instrumental. Any music genre.

I'd say my personality:

OUTSIDE:

Happy, Delighted, Friendly.

INSIDE:

Rude, Depressed/Sad, Angry. 

I could probably name off a few ones that could describe different parts of my life:

Radiohead - Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box

Well the song says basically what I felt like through my entire life

Back when I used to hate the world and I figured that anti-social is who I am

Then I realized that "I'm a reasonable man" and that I was looking for personality in the wrong place

When I became more social and I was a fun guy to be around I realized that I was looking in the wrong place

ISIS - Backlit

I am a bright happy person, though I tend to find that here isn't much life in me

I always tend to not be happy when I'm not social and I feel that no one else is looking at me that way

Dido - Here With Me

I always ten to just wait for things to happen

I always stay on my own and barely follow

But I still always wait in one spot for someone else to come to me

Converge - Axe To Fall

This song describes my sad moments quite well

I know that I need to get myself away from it

But I just still wait and let it get worse

Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have

Well, just as the title suggests

In my life, I just want something that I can never have

While I feel that everyone around me has that something in their life

I can't really say what it is, but I'm still waiting for it

Staind - Outside

I always find myself able to look through the outside of people

And see through to what's inside them

People tend to feel comfortable around me

And they let me see through the real them and find that they aren't really what they think they are

Maybe not the most accurate ones

But so far these are the best ones that I could think of

• Brohoof 1

This is probably one of my theme songs. The lyrics really are close to me. While it's not my favourite song music wise, the lyrics are eerily similar to my life. :x

Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments

I've regretted pretty much everything I've done save one or two things since I was eleven, and lately they've been coming back to haunt me.

But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues drawn

I'm incredibly private about my past. By that, I mean I am the only person who knows anything about it. I don't talk to my family much since we don't get along, and they don't know anything about it.

And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I'm always dragging that horse around

I have never been able to let go of what happened, since I've never been able to face it, and I keep on dragging my past memories and experiences around even though they very much make me depressed.

And I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart

Er, this one's a bit personal, but again, very applicable.

YOU GET THE IDEA. I relate to it. XD

The only reason this describes me, is, well, this relates to me soooo much, me and my crush, and now he's practically become my life. I mean, I used to hate school so bad, kids picking on me, teasing me, making fun of me, for my speech impediment, my bronyism, my nonpopularity, my geekiness, and for my all around weirdness. But, ever since he complemented a Gilda drawing of mine, my life has been turned around completely, all though kids still tease me. I don't care, I still fall asleep dreaming about him, I'm eager to go to school the next morning, and I simply despise weekends and long breaks off of school. This song is so perfect to me. Not to mention it's a good song. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWOh9_r7VXk

Sometimes I get overcharged
That's when you see sparks
You ask me where the hell I'm going
At a thousand feet per second

Hey man slow down, slow down
Idiot slow down, slow down

Hey man slow down, slow down
Idiot slow down, slow down

and

Let me take you on a trip
Around the world and back
And you wont have to move
You just sit still
Now let your mind do the walking
And let my body do the talking
Let me show you the world in my eyes

Ill take you to the highest mountain
To the depths of the deepest sea
We wont need a map, believe me
Now let my body do the moving
And let my hands do the soothing
Let me show you the world in my eyes

Thats all there is
Nothing more than you can feel now
Thats all there is

I have several actually :P

Different points in my life dictated by different songs I guess.

Before my wife died I'd say almost any Red Army song would work. I was happy, hardworking, loving life, and was active as a History buff and communist supporter. Life seemed perfect.

After my wife passed away I'd say "Hurt" by Johnny Cash works out there. "Truth" by Alexander works well too as well as "Tears" by Health. I was in a bad mindset and I did heinous things to myself and others. I was emotionless. Depressed yes, but I wasn't myself. I felt like someone else and I enjoyed all the pain I caused to myself and others.

Now...hmm..maybe "Too Old to Die Young" by Brother Dege works for me now...

• Brohoof 1

You know I am just a very happy person and I love to try and make others happy when I'm around. So I think this song does me justice.

Ok, Ok. Just kidding about that..... Or am I?

Others I can consider.

Perhaps this one could describe the anger I had when I was younger.

When I was younger, I felt a strong connection to this song. I was different, I have anger problems, my view on life was different, how I acted was different. And this song pretty much summed it up for me when I was younger. It's not easy being me. This song may be hated by some, but I still felt a connection to it in my early years.

There are of course lots of songs I could find, that would go well with different parts of my life.

This is about where I am now. A happy person with an optimistic outlook on life. I am always smiling. I'm not saying I act like Pinkie does, but it describes my mood practically 24/7.

Hmm...Not sure why the links aren't linked.

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 1

It's just so hard to choose...

I've narrowed it down to these two, both describe different aspects of my personality fairly well.

(I know this is supposed to be a joke, but I am actually somewhat paranoid)

Edited by Cowl

I hate to admit it, but...

It's hard for an idea that I'm excited about to not just be that: an idea.  If you've ever had a project that you knew would be incredible, but just couldn't make it all come together, this song is for you.

This song probably describes me the best I would say. The song is about no matter where you are in life keep going and push onwards. Never let anything/anyone tell you differently you can always start anew no matter what state you are in. Its a song of perseverance and this can relate to anyone. 

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne