Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Ever got the feeling someone hated you from the start?

kageyuki

so I go to this one live stream every day well theres this woman I'm friends with there she has a daughter wellI got to meet her the other day well it was like this

friend : meet my daughter ( username )

me : hello ( username ) your mom is very nice

girl : I know 

nothing

me :   um nice to meet you

nothing

friend : my daughter likes clowns too

girl :  not happy ones I only like creepy ones 

me :  o oh um thats cool creepy things are not my cup of tea tho sorry I just like happy ones 

girl : i understand that i just dont like things that are to happy its creepy

friend very true daughter

me : ......  

maybe I'm just over thinking but what do you guys think? and has anything like this ever happed to you? if so what did you do?

I'm the type of person that gets loved or hated when I first meet someone. So yeah, happened to me quite a lot.

I sometimes get paranoid about this after making a first impression on people. I always think I make terrible first impressions and thus make people dislike me right away. :| Pretty sure that is just me worrying too much as always. :P

In this case it seems more awkward than actually being hated. I don't actually think full-on hatred is very likely for a first meeting, especially if you had no knowledge of the person beforehand. I do know it's possible to instantly dislike someone since I know several people I didn't like from the start, and I'm sure people have had the same with me. Again, though, this doesn't look like any actual dislike or hatred, just awkwardness.

• 2 years later...

I am pretty sure that a lot of people have disliked me from the beginning. Although, I more so get the impression that most people that I meet, believe that I'm too strange for them. 

I dunno about that but I have certainly hated someone as soon as I've met them. Usually customers who you can just tell are scumbags and assholes as soon as they walk in the door. They keep proving me right too so it's adding to the stereotype programming in my head. :laugh:

• 3 months later...

I get that feeling a lot, even on this site and other places to be honest. Anxiety kind of messes my thoughts like that. :mlp_maud:

• 8 months later...