Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hope I NEVER become Horse Famous. Do you?

TheWhiteBowser

I think it'd be fun to be horse famous, but that seems to be a lot harder to achieve now then it used to.

A bunch of random people hating on me over the internet wouldn't bother me, because at the end of the day, they're just words on a screen. What are they gonna do? It's not like they're gonna pop through the screen and beat me.

• Brohoof 1

I personally prefer the middle way. It's nice to have just the right sized group of people who appreciates and supports what you do, while small enough so that you don't get constantly bombarded with attention.

From what I've seen, folks with <100,000 subs on YouTube or <20k followers on Twitter tend to be in that comfy zone. A little bit more and things get pretty spammy.

It may seem like a lot at first sight, but if you do think so, you'll be genuinely surprised at how most people don't actually interact with who they're following all that much beyond a few likes and reposts here and there.

Edited by Solid

Even though I've dreamt about being "horse-famous", I've never really committed to the idea. I prefer to go at my own pace and contribute my own small little piece to the overall herd pie.

• Brohoof 1

I see the idea but I'm not the type to seek unnecessary attention. I enjoy a compliment and that's adequately great enough for me. I don't want to be someone I'm not and to change because of what others may want to see.

Not really famous, but I do have the admittedly laughable ambition to one day get one of my fanfics mentioned on TV Tropes as either a recommendation or even having its own page. That's not necessarily MLP related, though. Youtube-wise...I don't make any videos because I wouldn't know what to nor do I consider myself a funny or charismatic person, so I don't really need to be famous for that.

i wouldn't mind being recognized at conventions, but being recognized in supermarkets would be annoying.  

as long as I enjoyed making the content I was creating, I'd be fine if an obscene number of people also liked it.  

Let's put it this way; I work best alone. Even if I did become Horse Famous (for what, I'm not sure), I would still work alone. I say work, but if I ever became Horse Famous for anything it wouldn't involve much work (I am not a yutoob, I am not an art, I am not a book horse, the most I ever do is throw ideas and criticism around every 3 weeks or so).

Yeee... I'm pretty sure most people want to be famous in someway because of the need to be "memorized", "recognized" and "remembered". It's like, sticking out there gives you value in life and you matter more than others. Which is pretty tragic, actually. Many people do bad things just not to be forgotten by society. It's like you want proof of that your existence in important.

I've been on and off about this thing called "fame", I sort of want to have fans and be famous and heard and talked about... But I also know how much pressure and stress that brings.

I wouldn't mind being a B celebrity or something. Like, not too many fans, but fairly dedicated ones.

Much like how I want my friends. Not too many, but some that are close to me.

• Brohoof 1