general Are You Happy With Where You Are In Life Right Now?

KiraTakahashi

• 4 months later...

Yes, yes I am. As I posted in a thread very similar to this one :-P

Yep. I'm graduating high school, possibly starting college later on this year, got a boyfriend, got a truck, gonna be getting a job...basically just leaving the nest I guess you could say.  And I have an amazing supportive family and friends who make life even better. 

Nope!

But not in a bad way. There are a lot of things I want to achieve, so I'm at a stage where I'm kind of charging my way forward towards them. Frustrating at times and I occasionally trip over, but it would be very boring if it was easy. :P

I wasn't not very long ago, but love changed that for me. Since I met my boyfriend online a couple of months ago (sans a week), I've come to be able to appreciate life and not let the anxiety of my future outlook before all of this being potentially very negative consume me to the point of thinking about ending my life often and even attempting to more than once (my self-esteem being absolutely horrible back then didn't help). Now I can just look forward to the good that could be and not worry about the rest. :) Am I happy with it now? Yes. Yes I am. :D I'm happy that I can look past all of the $#!+ and appreciate what I do have. I have a person in my life that loves and supports me and everything I do, and I have a passion I can pursue. That's all I need to be happy for now. Though I still dream of something better. A life that I can live and treasure, that I can see the good in life (as well as the bad, a dose of negativity is only healthy in all of this). 

Though, hypothetically speaking, would I be happy right now if I were single? Probably not. :sealed: I would still depressed, bordering on suicidal if I hadn't killed myself already. 

I'm happy at the moment, but things change and there isn't always much I can do about it. As for what I can control, I have a happy home life and a job a love. My job will change as I get older because of the nature and requirements needed to fulfill it, but I have ways I can roll with certain changes and come out okay. Some friends come and go, but my nearest and dearest will be with me forever; I couldn't live without them and the feeling is somewhat mutual. Those are the ones I consider an extension of my family. I'm happy to be living in California because I have a strong sense of place, and home has to speak to a person on a personal level to bring contentment. Aside from these important factors, I still have enough of my cognitive facilities to learn and improve, and hopefully make others happy as well. That's good enough for me right now.

• Thanks 1

Hmm,

I'm very happy that I don't have a partner,
I'm very happy me not learning to swim could cost me working as a flight attendant,
I'm very happy that I still have to go to school, because I'm not 16 yet,

Enough sarcasm, no, I aint fucking happy with where I am, and thanks to not learning to swim, I wont to be able to become a flight attendant!

Are you Kidding....!!!

I can't stop Smiling..

My Lawyer done a Detail search on my Trademark and its in the green light ( No conflicts ) to be sent off to the  Canadian Government to Get Registered. The Cool part its a Coined Word and on the Trademark protection scale gets the highest level of protection. Yes both the logo and name Im registering  "' The Clyonies '

Registered Trademark Protected here in Canada. Yes I plan to Trademark Register in USA too. Both name and logo.

Spoiler

1671342501_TheClyonies.thumb.png.5cc331b478831b9578ab446c268f0daf.png

Novel title series planned out...  ( Yes the Novels will be getting Published. )

1.) The Clyony and a  Dragon

2.) The Story of Crystal Frost

3.) Challenges of a Father

4.) Crystal Frost Returns

5.) Family Unity Tragedy Shatters

6.) Journey Beyond Kingdoms

7.) Shattered Trust

8.) Star and The Dragon

9.) The Final Battle

10.) The Truth Will set you Free

11.) Christopher’s  Sunshine

12.)  Visions of the Blind

13.)  Forbidden Flames

14.) Struggle For Survival

15.) Burden of Truth

Yes there is more novels however I'm trying to come up with perfect Title for those..

Crazy Cool Part many Chapters Written for them all. However Novel Seven got a lot of chapters already written sneak peek. Here is the Raw unedited written piece...

Sneak Peeks pieces from Novel 7 ( Shattered Trust )

Tiger.'' I KNEW IT.'' darting her angry eyes Knight.'' The nerve, your own daughter. HOW COULD YOU.''

Knight, scrambling off his daughter. Reaching his hoof to help her up on her hooves.

Star covered in paint darting her eyes towards Tiger, insulted by her Quick Accusations.'' I don't know what worse. You, ruining the hard work that my father and I put into to painting a fairy tale theme for my little brothers bedroom.''

Looking away disgusted at the thought.'' Or you honestly thought my Father would take advantage of my little brothers absence, to have his way with me.'' picking up the paint cans, tears pooling in her eyes. ‘Tiger I think its best you leave.''

Turning to Knight. ‘Father can you see to it Tiger makes it home safe.''

Another sample…….

Sun trying to reason with Star,''What about your little brother. Is it fair to put him though a life without a father.''

Star Insulted.'' And risk him turning out like That. He is better off not being influenced by that monster.''

Sun trying to talk some sense into Star. “what makes you think that he was in his right mind when he done wrong to you. For all we know he could have been brainwashed or under the influence of something we yet have to discover.''

Another Snippet sample…

Star .''NO ITS NOT. You almost lost your baby. I also let Loyd down. He had his heart set on being by your side when you delivered his baby. Because of me, he did not get to witness the birth of his child.''

Tiger.'' Loyd would understand.''

Star anger Growing.''UNDERSTAND WHAT. That you had to step in to stop Sun form killing my Father.'' Turning away in pain.''I wish you let him take his life.''Tears falling from her eyes.  “He deserved to die after what he did. "

Tiger. "You don't mean that. I know Knight, he would never do any harm to you or Christopher.''

Star looking away. “Then you don't know my father as much as you think.''

This Writing Journey is Fun.. And yes I will be Publishing Each book.

No one can be 100% satisfied with their life.. with that being said, I’m not quite happy but.. it could’ve been worse. So I can’t complain.

No... but that hardly means that I hate my very existence. While I will say that I am not exactly thrilled with my current position in life, I do know that my future is bright, should I continue down the path that I currently walk. :grin:

5 hours ago, Bas said:

What is your concrete goal?
Which ways will lead to it?

Find out what you want to do and then ask how you will achieve it.

I'm not really sure on my goal right now, I just want to be able to find a job, hopefully something that offers some kind of career prospects.

At the moment I'm applying for lots of jobs but I rarely hear back from them and never get called for an interview, I know I shouldn't get discouraged but it's starting to get to me and I worry that I'm never going to find anything. I'm kind of stuck at the moment in that I'm considered as being overqualified for a lot of jobs but have no work experience of jobs that I'm considered to be qualified for.

I think the only to achieve this is to keep applying for stuff until something comes up.

For me YES. Could I have more money, nicer house, better job, knees that still work... sure. But 5 years ago I died and I fought tooth and nail to stay alive. So I better enjoy life.

Life lesson to all who are hurting. Happiness is a state of mind not a product of circumstances. Life may suck real bad. I've been there.  There are few things worse than having terminal cancer and not being able to move due to extreem pain and weariness. You must choose to have joy in spite of your circumstances. I find my joy through Jesus.... and ponies... where will you find your joy?

On 4/20/2019 at 11:25 PM, Bas said:

Having been unemployed for almost a year before I got my job 3 weeks ago I can relate to this.

Do you apply to anything specific? Do you need certain qualifications? If you don't have them, can you do them without getting bankrupt?

You could consider to simply call them back after they rejected you to ask about why, or what do you need to have in order to get accepted next time.

Also, you can offer internships in your applications.

Not really applying for anything specific at the moment, pretty much applying for anything that isn't retail or catering as I don't want to do either of those kind of jobs. The jobs I've been applying for are mostly just ones that require basic GSCE qualifications which are the exam qualifications from finishing school in the UK which I have. I do also have a bachelors degree in Forensic Science but that qualification's not really relevant to the kind of jobs I've been applying for. Don't really think I want to go back into education due to my age, cost, time and there being no gurantees that it would lead anywhere come the end of it.

I am fortunately finantially stable while I've been trying to find work as I have savings and have been able to make a small amount of money selling stuff on ebay, I'm ok for the near future but need to find something eventually.

Most of the jobs I apply for are via e-mail or online application, a lot of these I don't recieve a reply for and if I do it's usually just a generic automated rejection e-mail, not many reply personally, though I could maybe try to contact some of them if they have a method of contact for applicants.

Thanks for the help and advice, sorry if I sounded so pessimistic yesterday, I was feeling a bit down and things were starting to get to me a bit but there are much worst things others are going through, don't worry about me.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

No I hate my house it’s to small and to boring. However i am grateful that I even live in a house since sadly some people are not able to.

• Brohoof 1

Well... That's complicated. The gears are moving from some really important and great stuff in my life right now, but then there's stuff that isn't going well... My foot problems have put me in a not-so-great position right now with working and money. I haven't been allowed to work in over two and a half months. I'm running out of money. Even if I get to return to my job, it's at 4 AM in the morning, which makes me very unhappy. I wish there was some way to get me back working with my condition and not have to get up that early. I really need the stars to align right now.

Prospects of returning to grad school any time soon are... Mm. My French II class for this semester got canceled due to low enrollment and now I can't even afford to enroll in the summer class. So this is a major set back. One entire semester went down the drain, and another one might, too.

It's quite depressing compared to my last post in here, when I had just returned to college. It's really awesome that I returned to college and then graduated, but... Then I returned to essentially my old job I had before going back to college. And now medical issues prevent me from even being able to do that...

As I said, there are some really good things going on that I never really thought would get to happen in my life. So there is good. Plus my living situation is pretty nice. I love my parents, and my dogs.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, Bas said:

Now of course you made us curious. What great things?

It's very nice of you to ask, but it is a matter I'd rather keep private. Sorry.

Edited by Envy

You know what, I am happy with where I am in life. I mean sure, it may not be perfect, and I may not currently have everything I want out of life, but damn it, I worked hard for the life I have. After all, what's the point on dwelling about how things haven't gone perfectly? What does that accomplish? Nah, you get one life, enjoy it while you can and make the most out of it.