Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Review/Box office predictions

TheAnimatorOfficial

It will make a fortune because the target audience and Bronies will go to to see it several times; marketing's a no-brainer, seeing as how social media'll take care of that. Reviews ... I expect it'll be critically-panned as kiddy-fare, but the fans'll enjoy it.

This is far more worthy than asking which Pony is the cutest or making a whiny rant on S6.

All you're doing is trying to ruin the movie for yourself by acting like it's gonna be the biggest thing to hit cinema, while making threads about every freaking detail(like the goddamn pacing)

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

This is far more worthy than asking which Pony is the cutest or making a whiny rant on S6.
 Not really because you're making nonsensical topics with fluff on stuff we know nothing about, speculating on random crap that probably doesn't even matter.

At least the people who "whine" about season 6 or talking about the cutest pony have something to actually talk about.

I swear, this site attracts some odd people.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on how good it is. Also the movie does have a huge fandom behind it that are going to go see it no matter what and that is without the people that are just curious, or will do repeat viewings and the like. If the movie is really well done and people actually like it, I can see it pulling 40-50 Million domestic... that is really not that high of a number in movies these days for box office... and as much possible support as the film is sure to have.. I don't think it is unreasonable. Worldwide I think it could maybe touch the 100 Million mark over time.

If it went a lot higher than that though I would be utterly shocked to be honest. But to be honest I did not think Angry Birds could crack the 100 Million mark, and that is just domestic, so who knows? It's possible MLP could really blow the doors off all expectations.

Of course if it bombs...

It depends on how good it is. Also the movie does have a huge fandom behind it that are going to go see it no matter what and that is without the people that are just curious, or will do repeat viewings and the like. If the movie is really well done and people actually like it, I can see it pulling 40-50 Million domestic... that is really not that high of a number in movies these days for box office... and as much possible support as the film is sure to have.. I don't think it is unreasonable. Worldwide I think it could maybe touch the 100 Million mark over time.

If it went a lot higher than that though I would be utterly shocked to be honest. But to be honest I did not think Angry Birds could crack the 100 Million mark, and that is just domestic, so who knows? It's possible MLP could really blow the doors off all expectations.

Of course if it bombs...

If Angry Birds could pass the $100 million mark with crappy reviews than MLP can reach $200 million with great reviews.

Those numbers seem incredibly optimistic. I'm thinking something more along the lines of 60-70% ratings, if that. It's wholly possible for mainstream reviewers to give ratings around maybe 40% or so, for a variety of reasons, one of which being that newcomers will not know who anyone is or why they should care. Not having background info can make a movie experience quite a lot worse.

As for the box office...I'm going for moderate success. I don't think it'll bomb, not with how many bronies are out there, but I highly doubt it will be a blockbuster in any way. I can't attach numbers to this because I have no frame of reference and I don't care enough to get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Domestic BO: $210 million

Worldwide BO: $450 million

Seem reasonable enough?

If I am a betting man, I would say $600 million.

We can make a more accurate prediction based on the number of trailer views, articles etc. Too early to say.