Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I feel sad for Flash Sentry

Le Trotteur Sauvage

I hope nothing of the sort will happen and Flash will completely disappear. They put him in EQG because Hasbro probably figured 'high school' = obligatory love interest' but it just didn't work. I still don't think he has much of a personality and I definitely don't want him together with Princess Twilight or Sunset. I'd be fine with him getting with Sci-Twi so the way is clear for SunLight, but the best possible thing is for him to vanish altogether. Maybe he could transfer schools or something.

I kind of feel bad for Flash too, but because of how unbelievably awful he is treated by the fandom. Especially with how he is venomously hated for his romance with Twilight yet couples with just as little if not less substance, such as MarbleMac are absolutely adored.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I feel sad for Flash Sentry, I mean, first I was dating the old evil Sunset Shimmen then he like a girl who's in reality a pony and her alter ego doesn't really give a sh*t about him. So now he's like alone with his feelings.

At least, the pony version of Flash Sentry still have Twilight, always bumping in eachother but, this story is not mentionned in the show, only in the movie. I've only watch the movie and the tv show so I may have miss somthing  :huh: 

So what's going to happen for all of them ? Will Twilight find her prince ? Did Flash and Sunset are going to get back together ?

What do you think ?

Hi, as this discussion is about a character in the Equestria Girls series, it has been moved to the appropriate forum.
  • Brohoof 1

well it's kinda hinted at that lyra and bon bon are a couple..and Vinyl and octavia live together..

No, it's not hinted at all, and living together doesn't mean romanticly entwined, it's called having a room-mate.. Stop trying to corrupt children's cartoons. Just let the damn kids have their cartoon will you?

I cringe whenever I see adults trying to inject "adult themes" into children's cartoons, trying to terra-form them into something more mature. Just let the cartoon keep it's innocence.

Anyway, I feel bad for Flash as well. Since Princess Twilight is no longer the main character, his relevance is dwindling. It feels like he's being bullied by the writers, actually... :(

Edited by Evil_Emperor
  • Brohoof 1

No, it's not hinted at all, and living together doesn't mean romanticly entwined, it's called having a room-mate.. Stop trying to corrupt children's cartoons. Just let the damn kids have their cartoon will you?

I cringe whenever I see adults trying to inject "adult themes" into children's cartoons, trying to terra-form them into something more mature. Just let the cartoon keep it's innocence.

Anyway, I feel bad for Flash as well. Since Princess Twilight is no longer the main character, his relevance is dwindling. It feels like he's being bullied by the writers, actually... :(

yes t's a children's cartoon, yet it shows a lot of adult themes, i ain't corrupting anything o3o ts not like i said there going "OH MY GOD SUCH LOVE INTEREST!"

yet people in this want flashlight, whats that? *gasp* A love interest, oh thats an adult theme. oh my goooooooooooood..o3o it's slghtly hnted at if you have a keen eye, doesn't mean t's a thing, buddy. don't be a meanie :P also, i'm not an adult trying to inject adult themes into anything. because i myself am not an adult.

Edited by Izanagi

yes t's a children's cartoon, yet it shows a lot of adult themes, i ain't corrupting anything o3o ts not like i said there going "OH MY GOD SUCH LOVE INTEREST!"

yet people in this want flashlight, whats that? *gasp* A love interest, oh thats an adult theme. oh my goooooooooooood..o3o it's slghtly hnted at if you have a keen eye, doesn't mean t's a thing, buddy. don't be a meanie :P also, i'm not an adult trying to inject adult themes into anything. because i myself am not an adult.

Just don't act like the writers/animators are directly fulfilling your wishes, especially when it's about everyone being gay. I'm sorry for the aggression, but it's begun to really bother me when adults corrupt innocent things to suit their adult needs. Like people might watch FiM and want it to become more violent and dark, despite the fact those things have no place in the theme of the show and the primary demographic. They should just enjoy it for what it is without wanting to inject things that don't belong there. The initial program was charming enough without them, right?

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-2013584-1-640px-Sweetie_Belle_jumps_on_Mr._Waddle's_back_S2E17.pnglook at that child hood innocents! a dead person! thats an adult theme! OAO

Just don't act like the writers/animators are directly fulfilling your wishes, especially when it's about everyone being gay. I'm sorry for the aggression, but it's begun to really bother me when adults corrupt innocent things to suit their adult needs. Like people might watch FiM and want it to become more violent and dark, despite the fact those things have no place in the theme of the show and the primary demographic. They should just enjoy it for what it is without wanting to inject things that don't belong there. The initial program was charming enough without them, right?

i ain't trying to inject that theres a lesbian couple, but it's completely possible, honestly the show is far from innocent in it's self. theres plenty of slightly dark things withn the theme of the show, sorry if i was being a bit of a knob, but...if a gay relationship can't be shown, then flash, or timber, or any relationship shouldn't exist either.

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-2013584-1-640px-Sweetie_Belle_jumps_on_Mr._Waddle's_back_S2E17.pnglook at that child hood innocents! a dead person! thats an adult theme! OAO

i ain't trying to inject that theres a lesbian couple, but it's completely possible, honestly the show is far from innocent in it's self. theres plenty of slightly dark things withn the theme of the show, sorry if i was being a bit of a knob, but...if a gay relationship can't be shown, then flash, or timber, or any relationship shouldn't exist either.

You're doing it right now. It's happening agaaaain! D:

Edited by Evil_Emperor

Yeah, it feels like the writers are deliberately trying to SHOVE him aside. The waifu thief rants' moment passed, give poor Flashy a break

• Brohoof 1

I suppose it's odd that there is a human Flash that has a crush on Twilight and a pony Flash that likes Twilight. I suppose Twilight can settle for pony Flash and human Flash can get with Sunset Shimmer again.

From the OP I imagine human flash is the sort of guy now who goes home, logs into his computer, and posts tfw threads on /adv/ to vent these frustrations. After everything he's stuck wondering what to do, or how much he should divulge about the crazy shit that happens at Canterlot High so as to keep those secret spooky government MIB groups from sweeping in to quarantine his home.

I suppose it's odd that there is a human Flash that has a crush on Twilight and a pony Flash that likes Twilight. I suppose Twilight can settle for pony Flash and human Flash can get with Sunset Shimmer again.

Nah, pony Flash needs to get with Derpy.

Edited by AaronMk

Why everypony is obsessed with FLash Sentry dating Derpy ?  :o  

Because fandom's logic dictates that if two characters are in the same room and opposite sides at the least is shipping material :dash:

I kinda feel sorry for the character as a whole. Even the writers of Equestria Girls admitted that they did not have the time to make Flash a more fleshed out character. If they could've done so, they would've. Makes me wonder what could've been. 

I don't understand why the producer introduce a character wich is Twilight's first crush and then, just throw him as a background character. That doesn't make any sens so I hope in season 7 he will return

The fandom really disliked Flash and with pony Twilight not returning much this relationship would never work practically anyway.

Hopefully he can find something else to do. Maybe get together with (the original) human Sunset.

Yeah, Flash wouldn't get with Derpy. Based on prior evidence, he only dates girls who are actually ponies. 

Plot twist: Season 7 gets another episode about blatant fanservice background ponies, where human Flash Sentry somehow ends up in it, and hooks up with Derpy.

:P

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1