Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

This is exactly what i feared... People from now manipulated by votes from 2012... :muffins:

Blechh. Exactly why my fingers were crossed that the other topic wasn't a duplicate.

I wish I was here in 2012, so I could force feed people Rarity love :DYes...there'd be so much Rarity love pumping into them that they'd either grow fat from fabulosity or they'd choke on it as it went down..

:derp:

• Brohoof 1

How is Rarity in the lead?

I could think of so many generous things that she did this season let alone the series off the top of my head. (But Ghostie kindly did that for you all)

I mean, just because a certain episode isn't focused on Rarity or her generosity, doesn't mean there isn't a speck of generosity coming from her in the episode.

Anyway, I'd go with RD. The only time I actually remembered her acting loyal was in the "The Return of Harmony". Other than that, I never really seen her representing her element at all.

• Brohoof 1

I could think of so many generous things that she did this season let alone the series off the top of my head. (But Ghostie kindly did that for you all)

I mean, just because a certain episode isn't focused on Rarity or her generosity, doesn't mean there isn't a speck of generosity coming from her in the episode.

Anyway, I'd go with RD. The only time I actually remembered her acting loyal was in the "The Return of Harmony". Other than that, I never really seen her representing her element at all.

A lot of these votes came in during the dark days for Rarity when there seemed to be quite a bit of misconceptions about her character, I noticed. Sad, but it's why I patrol these threads while listening to Street Fighter music :muffins: It can be damaging to her and her fans, and she doesn't deserve to be misconceived as "selfish and greedy"

I know a lot of people who say her probably feel that way - don't ask me how they reached that conclusion, but that's the conclusion that they came upon, which, is fine. I hope they're expecting an objection from me when they do so, though, because I'll always be there waving my finger like a Twizzler and being a party pooper, as usual :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, before the threads were merged Rainbow was actually in the lead...  :muffins: Shows that times changed.

Im not saying that i approve of her being in the lead, just stating facts. In these "who represents elements the worst" threads i have no opinion if it comes to determinate the pony that allegedly fills that post.

Edit: Why you so silly english language... :muffins:

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Oh, of note: Rarity is my second favorite of the Mane Six, Twilight Sparkle is first for me, and Rainbow Dash is my least favorite. Yet I will still defend that Rainbow Dash is true to her Element, not Honesty or any other but Loyalty.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Oh, of note: Rarity is my second favorite of the Mane Six, Twilight Sparkle is first for me, and Rainbow Dash is my least favorite. Yet I will still defend that Rainbow Dash is true to her Element, not Honesty or any other but Loyalty.

So, are you claiming that Rarity is the least true to her element?

(edited)

So, are you claiming that Rarity is the least true to her element?

I would recommend rereading my previous post.

Bronycurious,, I feel, has th best grasp of Rarity then any other fan and actually has in the work an analysis for her.

Yet of note is part of a discussion/debate/firm rebuking he says this in connection to Sweet and Elite:

"When push comes to shove Rarity threw away the key to her dreams for the sake of her friends and continues to do so every episode she stays in Ponyville as really she has no reason to stay there. She should be living it up in Canterlot, trying to make things happen. But she doesn't, because she loves her friends and is willing to put a delay in her dreams. Dreams that could very easily become a reality to stay with them. That's Generosity [censored]!"

Simply, I very much believe Rarity shows her Element strongly. Edited by EquestrianScholar

(edited)

That's not what I asked, though. I asked whether or not you thought she lived up to her element the least out of all of the element bearers.

That is a question I believe cannot be answered with any fairness to the characters. I have not even voted, nor will I.

I do not believe any of the Mane Six 'live up to their element the least'.

---------

Actually no, I partly take that back I can answer. The answer is no I don't believe Rarity lives up to her element the least.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 2

I, unfortunately voted for Dashie.  That's b/c there are some cases where she shows one of those "Me First" and "to hell with everypony else".   Especially in Trade Ya, where she chose the first edition of Daring Do over Fluttershy........and took her a few minutes to realize what she did.   Some Loyalty she showed.  In addition, he immaturity towards Twilight in Testing 1,2,3.

(edited)

Here we go.

"gasp a joke involved her being selfish!" GRAH NOT GENEROUS!

"Sisterhooves!" So arguing with her sister and then making up for it doesn't count?

The Fire Ruby?

Larson specifically said it was not manipulation.

This is why the new thread was better, don't have people clinging to outdated info.

Edited by Whatevs
  • Brohoof 2

This is why the new thread was better, don't have people clinging to outdated info.

I'm inclined to agree. This thread is unfairly representative of the way the fandom was in the past - something that's change. It's going to lead to outdated info being put out here and distort people's lines of thought.

The new thread was one that was more representative of the dramatic momentum shift S4 created in the fandom - this one is just going to cause confusion along with supplying outdated info.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I just couldn't vote. Everypony lives up to their element so well, even Rainbow Dash and Applejack, who a lot of people think should switch elements. I spent my time counting all of the times that Rainbow Dash is loyal and got overwhelmed. She is the very definition of loyalty! Applejack is always bluntly honest in her speech and actions. She never cons anypony in her business dealings and doesn't cheat or lie in her work or competitions.

All of the mane 6 have hiccups here and there, but no one is perfect.

Edited by Frosty Nerd
  • Brohoof 4

I hate when everyone gangs up on Rarity... attachicon.gifRarity poll.png

Yeah I can really side with you there, she may not be my favourite but she lives up to her element very well.

While an old episode, the episode where she is designing everyone's outfits for the grand galloping gala, not only does she do it for free, she does it twice even though she knows how terrible these outfits were.

come on, that is living up to your element very well.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

"LOL RARITEE DONT LIV UP TO HRE ELEMINT"

Personally (and I'm not trying to be biased here), I think it's Rainbow Dash,

mainly because

Griffon the Brush Off - Pretty much ditches Pinkie Pie to be with Gilda.

Dragonshy - Has no faith in Fluttershy, whatsoever (This isn't technically disloyalty, but it's pretty more of a verbal way to show it)

The Last Roundup - Ditches Pinkie Pie and Rarity, forcing them to go back to town on a handcar.

Edited by Peter Sam
  • Brohoof 4

"LOL RARITEE DONT LIV UP TO HRE ELEMINT"

lot of it has to do because of the time period this topic was created in. The info is really outdated, and mass opinion has definitely changed according to the duplicate topic that was created and then merged with this one.

I'm going to make a topic here in a little bit in an attempt to prove the opinions being shared in this topic are outdated as a collective.

• Brohoof 1

lot of it has to do because of the time period this topic was created in. The info is really outdated, and mass opinion has definitely changed according to the duplicate topic that was created and then merged with this one.

I'm going to make a topic here in a little bit in an attempt to prove the opinions being shared in this topic are outdated as a collective.

That makes sense, this thread was posted in Twenty Twelve after all, so I can excuse the outdated info here.

I said it before, and I'll say it again; I think when it comes to Rarity AND Dash, I think they both have the most difficult time living up to their respected elements.

• Brohoof 3

She lives up to her element.  The only time I guess she kind of didn't was when she didn't want to babysit the cake babies.  

• Brohoof 3

I said it before, and I'll say it again; I think when it comes to Rarity AND Dash, I think they both have the most difficult time living up to their respected elements.

I have to agree with you on that one. 

• Brohoof 2

Indeed.

Doesn't mean they fail to, though.

• Brohoof 3

The question isn't who has the most difficult time doing it - the question is who lives up to it the least :D

• Brohoof 1

The question isn't who has the most difficult time doing it - the question is who lives up to it the least :D

They both kind of mean the same thing, Ghost. If you have a hard time living up to a role, chances are you don't do a very good job at doing it either.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anyone who votes yes has simply ignored her development throughout the show. Judging by the date of the topic, a large number of the votes likely came during the break between seasons 2 and 3. Unfortunately for Rarity, many of the most notable/memorable episodes from the first two seasons portrayed her in a way that influenced this decision, such as Dragonshy, Sonic Rainboom and Sisterhooves Social.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2