Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

Rainbow Dash NEVER displays the element of loyalty, amiright guys? It's not like there were three

tumblr_ml2alj4rJv1s5s1doo2_r2_500.gif

separate

tumblr_mfyx40wLsX1rripibo1_500.gif

episodes (even if one of them sucked/was obligatory)

527805__safe_solo_rainbow+dash_animated_

on one facet of her loyalty alone, were there?

Or that it took her heavy convincing from Discord to abandon her element and for a very loyalty related reason, such as; her hometown being destroyed?

Or how her first reaction to being un-Discorded was "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIENDS"?

Or how she pulled all stops to be by Fluttershy's side in Hurricane Fluttershy?

RD is so unloyal guiz

can't even see why it's her element

she should be the element of Honesty

• Brohoof 3

Rarity? Really? She's one of the mane 6 who demonstrates the most often her element. :lol: (@ghostfacekiller39 explained why)

The least often: Rainbow Dash of course, she's my favorite mane 6, but she isn't a good example of loyalty. (especially in Trade Ya!)

But also Applejack, I don't find her specially honest. (Simple Ways for example, she's not honest to Trunderhoof)

Trade Ya actually IS a very good example of RD's loyalty. The "betrayal" was not intentional, all she heard at that moment was "Blah, blah, blah" and she was all "I got the book, I got the book!". Not to mention her speech in the Twilight Court. :P

I would say Pinkie Pride is a much better showcase of the lack of loyalty.

Hi @ggg-2!  It turns out we already had a thread and a poll for the exact same purpose so I went ahead and merged yours with the older one. 

(edited)

OMG that first page, ghostie is going to have an attack.

Rainbow Dash NEVER displays the element of loyalty, amiright guys? It's not like there were three

Trade Ya actually IS a very good example of RD's loyalty. The "betrayal" was not intentional, all she heard at that moment was "Blah, blah, blah" and she was all "I got the book, I got the book!". Not to mention her speech in the Twilight Court. :P

I would say Pinkie Pride is a much better showcase of the lack of loyalty.

Of course, Rainbow Dash, being the element of loyalty, should demonstrate loyalty in her episodes. But she's the one who demonstrates her element the least often compared to the other 5.

Edited by Blobulle

separate

What, just one? :P

Some will tell you Griffon the brush-off sucked.

Some will tell you Wonderbolts Academy sucked.

And some will tell you Rainbow Falls sucked.

---

RF is a pretty interesting case. I think it's the first episode so many people either really, really hated or really, really loved. Even with the most controversial ones it has never been like this.

I.e. - Mare do well. Some hate it but some will tell you it's actually pretty okay. There's isn't anyone who would love it to death.

Magical Mystery cure. Some love it but some say it's "meh" or a mixed bag. No one will tell you they downright hate the episode. Unless they're Twilicorn haters. Hate born out of conjecture because they judged Twi's role in season 4 before S3 finale even aired.

Mare do well. Some hate it but some will tell you it's actually pretty okay. There's isn't anyone who would love it to death.

Mysterious Mare Do Well fan, I accept all pictures.

25632__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_the-my

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

It turns out we already had a thread and a poll for the exact same purpose so I went ahead and merged yours with the older one. 

Instead of just merging the polls it would probably have been a better idea to leave the new thread alone seeing that the opinions on the topic seem to have changed a lot...

Now we have the whole Rarity hate from 2012 skewing the votes...  :muffins:

Edit:

OMG that first page, ghostie is going to have an attack.

I got a little heart attack after checking the votes... :muffins:

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Now we have the whole Rarity hate from 2012 skewing the votes...  :muffins:

:lol:

EDIT: Well, the "Best Pony" poll is also concerned by that.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

Wow, that's a lot of votes for rarity..

Hm well I could say rainbow dash it's a toss between them. In season four rarity has shown tons of generosity along with throughout the whole show, don't know why everyone's hating her

Edited by TwilightSparkle<3

Wow, that's a lot of votes for rarity..

Hm well I could say rainbow dash it's a toss between them. In season four rarity has shown tons of generosity along with throughout the whole show, don't know why everyone's hating her

This is exactly what i feared... People from now manipulated by votes from 2012... :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For me, it's honestly either Rarity or Rainbow Dash.

I may love Dashie, but for the pony who represents loyalty, she can be quick as fuck to bail on them. We're four seasons in already, and she hasn't even made her definitive choice between her friends, the Wonderbolts, or some other group.

Rarity can be generous when the writers make her that way, but when they don't, you can feel it like a bad cough. Rarity's portrayal in RTM makes me have mixed feelings about the episode altogether. She shares the same issues as Dash: The inability to decide between friends or fashion (Though for Dash, it's friends or other groups), And I sorely think this should've been resolved long ago, even though moments like this can be few and far inbetween.

Edited by Geek0zoid

For me, it's honestly either Rarity or Rainbow Dash.

I may love Dashie, but for the pony who represents loyalty, she can be quick as fuck to bail on them. We're four seasons in already, and she hasn't even made her definitive choice between her friends, the Wonderbolts, or some other group.

Rarity can be generous when the writers make her that way, but when they don't, you can feel it like a bad cough. Rarity's portrayal in RTM makes me have mixed feelings about the episode altogether. She shares the same issues as Dash: The inability to decide between friends or fashion (Though for Dash, it's friends or other groups), And I sorely think this should've been resolved long ago.

There is no need for a choice...

Are you going to your friends and ask them to resign from their work because it sometimes prevents you from being together? Both Rainbow and Rarity do nothing wrong by trying to make their dreams true, sometimes friends have to step a little bit back for that, and good friends would understand that, like the mane6 do.

It rather shows how good friends Rainbow and Rarity are for not choosing their greatest dreams over their friends.

I see you post in here alot, Obsidian. 

You point is? :muffins:

With this post it has been five times... Does that count as a lot? And even if it does, what about it?  :muffins:

(edited)

@@Obsidian Sky,

Well, you've recently been posting about the "2012 hate" that's making everyone hate on Rarity.

While that may be the case for some people, I don't carry a mindset like that. I have nothing against Rarity, even if she is my least favorite. She's been getting lot's of development recently, and that shows all throughout season 4. It's made me like Rarity a lot more, and appreciate her for what she is.

So, don't accuse the hate from 2012, because not everyone is voting for her because of that. There's probably another reason :)

Going through it again, you've only been doing it recently :P

Edited by Geek0zoid

So, don't accuse the hate from 2012, because not everyone is voting for her because of that. There's probably another reason :)

I think Rarity's hate from 2012 is still one of the reasons Rarity has 66% of the votes.

In the new poll, if I remember well, she had only ~15% of the votes whereas Rainbow Dash, who was loved by the community in 2012, was by far the one who got the most votes.

...And it's true, Rarity is very generous, just look at ghostie's list.

@@Obsidian Sky,

Well, you've mostly been posting about the "2012 hate" that's making everyone hate on Rarity.

While that may be the case for some people, I don't carry a mindset like that. I have nothing against Rarity, even if she is my least favorite. She's been getting lot's of development recently, and that shows all throughout season 4. It's made me like Rarity a lot more, and appreciate her for what she is.

I only mentioned the old votes in two posts and neither did i say that you voted because of that.

You also say that not everyone votes based on the old votes, so that means that there are some people that do... And that is a problem in my opinion. Especially if you consider the fact that before the topic merge Rarity was nowhere near leading this poll.

In my opinion polls like this should not be merged because people change their opinion and merging them gives old opinions as much, or even more weight as new ones, which should not be the case.

(edited)

Bronycurious I feel as th best grasp of Rarity then any other fan and actually has in the work an analysis for her.

Yet of note is part of a discussion/debate/firm rebuking he says this in connection to Sweet and Elite:

"When push comes to shove Rarity threw away the key to her dreams for the sake of her friends and continues to do so every episode she stays in Ponyville as really she has no reason to stay there. She should be living it up in Canterlot, trying to make things happen. But she doesn't, because she loves her friends and is willing to put a delay in her dreams. Dreams that could very easily become a reality to stay with them. That's Generosity [censored]!"

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 2

Bronycurious I feel as th best grasp of Rarity then any other fan and actually has in the work an analysis for her.

Yet of note is part of a discussion/debate/firm rebuking he says this in connection to Sweet and Elite:

"When push comes to shove Rarity threw away the key to her dreams for the sake of her friends and continues to do so every episode she stays in Ponyville as really she has no reason to stay there. She should be living it up in Canterlot, trying to make things happen. But she doesn't, because she loves her friends and is willing to put a delay in her dreams. Dreams that could very easily become a reality to stay with them. That Generosity [censored]!"

You (and Bronycurious) could not be more right there...

Every day, every hour, every minute and every second Rarity stays in ponyville is a sacrifice. She could be so much closer to her dreams by now, but she holds herself back, the biggest example of her generosity. She could make her dreams true, she could move away to Canterlot or Manehatten, but she chooses not to. Why? She has the money... She has the reputation... She stays because of her friends...

She wants her dreams to be true, it is her biggest desire... but she will never leave her friends behind for her own gain.

She sometimes lapses in her dedication, but who can blame her? It is a tremendous task to deny oneself the things one desires the most, if they are so close to come true... In the end she sticks to her conviction though...

Instead of choosing the fast, easy way, she goes the hard path. Staying in Ponyville, even though it sets her back so much, even though it would be so much easier for her to move away...

I don't know how some cannot see the limitless generosity in that...

img-2689883-1-tumblr_ml2alj4rJv1s5s1doo2

separate

img-2689883-2-tumblr_mfyx40wLsX1rripibo1

img-2689883-3-527805__safe_solo_rainbow%

on one facet of her loyalty alone, were there?

Or that it took her heavy convincing from Discord to abandon her element and for a very loyalty related reason, such as; her hometown being destroyed?

Or how her first reaction to being un-Discorded was "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIENDS"?

Or how she pulled all stops to be by Fluttershy's side in Hurricane Fluttershy?

RD is so unloyal guiz

can't even see why it's her element

she should be the element of Honesty

lol I remember making a list of reasons why RD was loyal(similar to Ghostie's for Rarity, but not as ridiculously detailed). If I could find it, I'd probably post it again  :derp:

(edited)

Rainbow Dash NEVER displays the element of loyalty, amiright guys?

I would recommend this analysis explaining how you and anyone else who says Rainbow Dash doesn't display Loyalty is wrong.

Psychological Analysis Entry Four: Rainbow Dash

http://kyronea.tumblr.com/post/23165396279/psychological-analyses-entry-four-rainbow-dash

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

The Mane 6 aren't perfect and we really need to stop making these posts because they don't live up to your expertise.

An episode of MLP would be boring if there were no mistakes by the Mane 6.

It is interesting to see every character develop more and we need to stop judging them so much.

• Brohoof 3