Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

They both kind of mean the same thing, Ghost. If you have a hard time living up to a role, chances are you don't do a very good job at doing it either.

Difficulty implies that it's about who has an easier/harder time living up it.

Who does it more or less is more concrete - they can both have a hard time living up to their elements, but which one is more successful handling the difficulty the face in living up to their respective elements? :D I agree with you that they both have the most difficult time living up to their elements, though ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Of course Rarity lives up to her element. I mean, she gives away gems to random people in the streets of Manehatten. That's a little creepy, but it is generous.

I'd say Rainbow Dash has the hardest time living up to her element. I mean, she was willing to sell Fluttershy off to some lady for her book. Sure it wasn't permanent, but still. As bad as this is, I just can't get mad at Rainbow Dash for almost doing it, because who can she's too darn cute. 

139788050467.gif

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

@@ghostfacekiller39,

Probably Dash, sadly. It pains me to say it, but when my favorite character fucks up, which she's been doing quite alot recently, I won't be afraid to admit it. 

But, I still have nothing against Rarity. When she lives up to her element, it shows brighter than the sun. Same with Dash, and the other four.

Edited by Geek0zoid
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Of course Rarity lives up to her element. I mean, she gives away gems to random people in the streets of Manehatten. That's a little creepy, but it is generous.

I'd say Rainbow Dash has the hardest time living up to her element. I mean, she was willing to sell Fluttershy off to some lady for her book. Sure it wasn't permanent, but still. As bad as this is, I just can't get mad at Rainbow Dash for almost doing it. I mean, come on. How could you get mad at this face? 

139788050467.gif

That is actually one of my least favorite things about MLP. Writers: We completely F'd up a character or story so quick slap some Rainbow being cute in there and the bronies will take it laying down...

Bronies: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RAINBOW IS SOOOOO FUNNY!

Crap I guess I'll have to fill out my own butt hurt form...

Edited by Biznis Kitty
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

That is actually one of my least favorite things about MLP. We completely F'd up a character or story so quick slap some Rainbow being cute in there and the bronies will take it laying down...

It's inevitable that some characters will get screwed up at least a little bit due to all of the different writers. For example, there was a whole episode about Fluttershy protecting her friends (Dragonshy). She was mad at the dragon for endangering her friends. Yet, in Power Ponies nobody seemed to care that she didn't get mad about her friends being in peril. 

But who cares about inconsistency, when we have cute pony pictures? (This was meant to be sarcastic)

cute_fluttershy_by_skyline19-d55rs3q.png

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 3

I mean, she gives away gems to random people in the streets of Manehatten.

I don't know. If some lady came up to me while I was running one day and randomly gave me a 14 karat jewel, I wouldn't bat too many eyes. 

• Brohoof 2

But who cares about inconsistency, when we have cute pony pictures? (This was meant to be sarcastic)

This is why I'm glad that ponies are only one of 4 major obsessions of mine. When you distribute your love around it prevents you from getting to ingrained in each fanbase/interest.

• Brohoof 3

A contributing factor I see to why people said Rarity doesn't live up to her element might have been the lack of Rarity episodes in season 3. Rarity never really got a moment to shine as opposed to everyone else, so she was kinda left behind and thus was given a bad rap for it. 

I still hold that Applejack is the least like the element she represents. A lot of her episodes actively involve her either being stubborn as a mule or being somewhat dishonest to protect her own pride. She still has her moments, as do they all where they greatly embody their particular element, but AJ has the least moments in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I said Dash, but honestly it's a tough call for me at this point. They've all shown great improvement in representing their elements over the past two seasons. Dash being low on my list of favorites, and having more screw-ups then Pinkie who is bottom of my list, nets her the vote from me.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'd end up saying AJ or Fluttershy uphold theirs the most since their elements are just kind of who they are and have more opportunities to get "used" then say generosity does. Twilight I don't count because her element is just mary sue style. Unless you are Rincewind, how do you fail at the element of magic.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 3

I feel like the Mane 6 always live up to their elements when it counts. The contention comes into play when we see how hard it is or how long it takes to be like "Hey, no, I'm the element of *blah* this isn't me," etc. etc.

RD to me has had the most trouble doing this this season. Although, this could stem from me despising Rainbow Falls, but let's be real - despite it being a completely awful episode, I STILL can't believe Dash would even attempt to not choose Ponyville or Cloudsdale instead of making a choice, when, as the element of Loyalty, the choice should have been obvious the instant Spitfire showed up.

• Brohoof 4

Well, I'm a bit biased since the main reason I like Rarity is because of the dichotomy that comes with artistic pride and generosity. But it is with those two motivations that some fans have mischaracterized her.

I've seen some consider her prideful moments as motivated by greed or selfishness, and I maintain that taking that view is looking at the character through the wrong lense. Rarity has struggled with tempering her desire for acceptance and artistic recognition, but in every instance she never betrayed her element. Her worst moment was what? Grabbing a bouquet and saying "Mine"?

Rainbow Dash however has had more moments of disloyalty ... and it breaks my heart to say this since I adore her character when she is presented at her best. Just looking at Season 4 and plotting the trajectory ... Flight to the finish she was an educator of her element. Then you have Rainbow Falls which is there to highlight her being challenged and rediscovering Loyalty. Then Trade Ya happens!

Again I'm biased because I think Rarity is the most dynamic of the Mane 6 ... but she owns Season 4 with her element. Even her Key Episode was unique in that an argument could be made that the others shared fault ... And Rarity's sacrifice could have ended her aspirations.

• Brohoof 3

Relevant re-post is relevant

In this thread

>Rainbow Dash is singled out for he key episode despite the fact that other mane 6 deal with similar problems in their episodes

>Brings up Trade Ya and forgets the fact that she immediately regrets her decision and she did everything in her power to fix her mistake

Guys your busting my balls.

As for the topics question. Rarity lives up to her element just fine, in fact they all do

• Brohoof 1

Oy, we still on this? She's generous people, deal with it. Not like the character has to be perfect about it all the time, none of them are. :derp:

But, if I had to say anypony lives up to their 'element' least(although I believe the series has shown that the elements are no where near the entire aspect of each characters' personality, so we really shouldn't always judge them based on them) it'd Applejack. As much as I like her, this pony stretches the truth rather often, so if anyone's ridiculing Rarity on not represnting her Element of Harmony then Applejack should be accused of it just as much if not more. :huh:

• Brohoof 3

To be honest, this is a very biased poll. It's made by the biggest and most outspoken Rarity fan on the forums, with a link to Rarity's most generous deeds attached, and the votes are public. That being said, you're definitely right that the general opinion has changed vastly on the forums and Rainbow Dash would definitely lead the polls, but not to this wide of a margin 

• Brohoof 2

I think that Rarity is just a target because of her crazy melodramatic behaviour. In no way does it usually affect her "generosity" per se.  :D

She is far more generous than any of the other ponies in Ponyville, so I would have to say Yes she absolutely lives up to her element.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

To be honest, this is a very biased poll. It's made by the biggest and most outspoken Rarity fan on the forums, with a link to Rarity's most generous deeds attached, and the votes are public. That being said, you're definitely right that the general opinion has changed vastly on the forums and Rainbow Dash would definitely lead the polls, but not to this wide of a margin 

All apologies that you feel that way - I can see where you're coming from, but the Generosity list was posted as a simple reminder that Rarity has done a lot of generous things in this series, because I've noted how much they get overlooked by her detractors and that was an attempt to make it to where I wouldn't have to flash it in the topic itself :D

People are more than welcome to post lists of all of the Loyal things RD has done, and all of the Honest things AJ has done, and so forth. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those types of list other than my Rarity one I love so much, so I can't really add them myself.

I think that Rarity is just a target because of her crazy melodramatic behaviour. In no way does it usually affect her "generosity" per se.  :D

She is far more generous than any of the other ponies in Ponyville, so I would have to say Yes she absolutely lives up to her element.

Just a quick question - I noticed that you voted Rarity as representing her element the least, but then you voted Twilight when given the entirety of the mane 6 to choose from. Maybe there's a method to your madness that I'm missing out on? :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

Just a quick question - I noticed that you voted Rarity as representing her element the least, but then you voted Twilight when given the entirety of the mane 6 to choose from. Maybe there's a method to your madness that I'm missing out on? :D

Ah yes!! Good question!  ;)

Well for some reason when I read it at the time it looked to me like:

"Do you think Rarity represents her element out of the mane 6?"

I'm thinking in my head: "Yes, of course! without a doubt! Yep! here we go! I'm going to say yes!"

Haha, well thanks for pointing it out!

I'm going to go and change it now...  :D

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I don't think it matters. All of the mane 6 have, at some point, done something that contradicts the element they represent. Nobody is perfect at all times. So they stumble, but I think that they all represent their elements sufficiently well.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ah yes!! Good question!  ;)

Well for some reason when I read it at the time it looked to me like:

"Do you think Rarity represents her element out of the mane 6?"

I'm thinking in my head: "Yes, of course! without a doubt! Yep! here we go! I'm going to say yes!"

Haha, well thanks for pointing it out!

I'm going to go and change it now...  :D

Ah - I thought you were just doing something chaotic :D Matching your avatar, you know? :umad:

All apologies.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Copy/Paste of my response in the other thread:

Rarity? Really? She's one of the mane 6 who demonstrates the most often her element. :lol: (@ghostfacekiller39 explained why)

The least often: Rainbow Dash of course, she's my favorite mane 6, but she isn't a good example of loyalty. (especially in Trade Ya!)

But also Applejack, I don't find her specially honest. (Simple Ways for example, she's not honest to Trunderhoof)

But @ghostfacekiller39, the results of the new poll, before being merged with the older one, were already self-explanatory, right?

Edited by Blobulle