Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

Am I the only one who thinks Loyalty would have been better suited to Applejack?  :blush:

(edited)

Rarity, most of the time she's self centered and vain, except when the plot needs an element.

Edited by SCS
Removed abusive material.

They've all had times where they don't live up to their element, even fluttershy (that one with the Minotaur thingy guy). We've seen rarity be plenty generous in many episodes, just like we have seen her also not be generous on I think two occasions. I'm not gonna say who I think is least like they're element because I don't have an answer for that.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity, most of the time she's self centered and vain, except when the plot needs an element.

Also, it's hilarious to see the Rarity fanboys being absolutely crushed.

Give a good reason of why you're right.

Rarity,compared to the other Mane 6,she made more genereous things than it seems,but some of them are pretty subtile,so,if you're the average Rarity hater who doesn't look for her character and nothing,please think again :3

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The problem is that some people treat it a little too seriously. Being an Element of Loyalty doesn't mean that you have to be ALWAYS loyal. Being disloyal is just not in Rainbow's nature and she feels bad acting like that. It doesn't mean that she CAN'T be disloyal, it only means that in the long run she'll choose loyalty, even if it's going to be hard or even painful. Just like Applejack can tell a lie, but it makes her feel very uncomfortable and it's in her nature to be usually very honest, not only when it comes to lying, but also to being herself no matter what. Their elements are a part of who they are. They make mistakes, they sometimes had to learn things the hard way, but they'll always stick to their friends and elements. 

If people expect of them to always be loyal or honest or generous, then they're... well, stupid. With honesty it's even more complicated in my opinion, because it's impossible to be ALWAYS honest. There're things, which AJ should keep to herself, because she has a right to her privacy. Just like it's absolutely normal that Rarity can't give her friends EVERYTHING she has. It'd be stupid and it doesn't make her any less generous. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 5

The problem is that some people treat it a little too seriously. Being an Element of Loyalty doesn't mean that you have to be ALWAYS loyal. Being disloyal is just not in Rainbow's nature and she feels bad acting like that. It doesn't mean that she CAN'T be disloyal, it only means that in the long run she'll choose loyalty, even if it's going to be hard or even painful. Just like Applejack can tell a lie, but it makes her feel very uncomfortable and it's in her nature to be usually very honest, not only when it comes to lying, but also to being herself no matter what. Their elements are a part of who they are. They make mistakes, they sometimes had to learn things the hard way, but they'll always stick to their friends and elements. 

If people expect of them to always be loyal or honest or generous, then they're... well, stupid. With honesty it's even more complicated in my opinion, because it's impossible to be ALWAYS honest. There're things, which AJ should keep to herself, because she has a right to her privacy. Just like it's absolutely normal that Rarity can't give her friends EVERYTHING she has. It'd be stupid and it doesn't make her any less generous. 

In my opinion honesty is also one of the hardest elements to show. You just don't have the opportunity that often for true feats of honesty...

If someone asks Applejack if the sun shines, and she truthfully answers with yes, its not really a example of the element of honesty because she had nothing to sacrifice for it. Real honesty is when you say the truth even if you are unconfortable with it, or sacrifice your wellbeing for it. Rainbow Dash who is often said to be a better example of honesty, because she is so blunt, is not a good example of true honesty, because she does not care as much about lying, or saying the truth, she just talks without thinking. Applejack deeply cares about that every single time, does not matter how small the lie is.

Applejack is always unconfortable when she lies, and her biggest feats of honesty have been when she had something to loose and still said the truth. Applejack has honesty fused into her very soul. She just cannot simply lie, she is always very conflicted.

And these situations that are truly worthy to challenge the element of honesty are very rare.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Direct your looking holes to that list of generous things Ghostface keeps posting.

When I first started watching, I had some doubts about weither Rarity was all that generous too. I think when Rarity displays her flaws, they tend to be more noticeable to us then when the other 5 do because she's a bit of a drama queen. As a result, we sometimes miss it when Rarity lives up to her element because it's less showy by comparrason. She doesn't seem to make a big deal out of it when she's generous to others (the exception being the song in Rarity Takes Manehatten).

So, I definatly believe that it's inaccurate to say that Rairty is self centered. A bit vain maybe, but not self centered.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 3

She doesn't seem to make a big deal out of it when she's generous to others (the exception being the song in Rarity Takes Manehatten).

She... actually doesn't... :huh:  :D

Let me think about that... Had Rarity ever a situation where she was all like "Look at me being generous"? I don't remember any... She only was genuinely happy when people liked her gifts... :huh: I don't even think the song counts, otherwise you could say the same about the smile song...

Where do all these "Rarity is selfish, arrogant and all about herself" horse feathers come from?! :angry: 

• Brohoof 1

She... actually doesn't... :huh:  :D

Let me think about that... Had Rarity ever a situation where she was all like "Look at me being generous"? I don't remember any... She only was genuinely happy when people liked her gifts... :huh: I don't even think the song counts, otherwise you could say the same about the smile song...

Where do all these "Rarity is selfish, arrogant and all about herself" horse feathers come from?! :angry: 

Even though she takes pride in her work often, we don't often remember her actually being generous because she doesn't make a very big deal out of it. She is usually generous in subtle ways, including offering HOURS of her time to make her friends and family dresses, and helping ponies out with a couple of general tasks!

• Brohoof 2

Even though she takes pride in her work often, we don't often remember her actually being generous because she doesn't make a very big deal out of it. She is usually generous in subtle ways, including offering HOURS of her time to make her friends and family dresses, and helping ponies out with a couple of general tasks!

And these gifts of her are her biggest generosity. I feel many people that say she is not generous are just spoiled by our materialistic society. They expect Rarity to give her friends expensive gifts all the time, because that is being generous, right? But just buying expensive gifts is actually the least form of being generous.

They just don't understand that the things you mentioned, the hours of work and the sacrifices in her career, are the true generosity.

• Brohoof 3

And these gifts of her are her biggest generosity. I feel many people that say she is not generous are just spoiled by our materialistic society. They expect Rarity to give her friends expensive gifts all the time, because that is being generous, right? But just buying expensive gifts is actually the least form of being generous.

They just don't understand that the things you mentioned, the hours of work and the sacrifices in her career, are the true generosity.

Well I don't think that I could agree more!

• Brohoof 1

It's discord. He left his element of chaos behind in the season 4 finale. Such a traitor

I would say Discord betrayed his 'element' and character in Keep Calm and Flutter On... even more in Three's a Crowd.

Sighs, well it is too bad I cannot in good conscience cast a vote for this poll.

Well, same for me really...

im still curious if the general opinion changed...

• Brohoof 1

Again? :blink:

They reset the poll!!! :D

The old information was outdated and an unfair representation of how people feel about Rarity in 2014 :D Let's see how this one goes!

Like the other polls I guess, Rainbow Dash will be 1st.

She got my vote. :derp:

(edited)

Again? :blink:

The hell that has been raised about this topic lately is something even I'm surprised at, and I've done nothing but contribute to the fire.

That really just goes to show how things have changed since 2012 :D Hence, why resetting this poll was a good idea.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

To be honest Rarity (not because I hate her cause I don't but come on the she made Spike give up a ruby she lost it this season already Discorded (if it counts) she took a element, in a Canterlot wedding you saw her grab them flowers

as I said I do not hate her I'm cool with her but this is me being honest I seem to count the most stuff off of her element soo...