Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

(edited)

Multiple moments throughout the show, the mane 6 do something that's completely against their own element. I'm not talking about when they were discorded, but in everyday life, which pony do you think least lives up to here element?

Personally I'm going to have to go with Rarity on this one. She does SO many things that are the entire opposite of Generous. The entire Sisterhooves social episode is an example of one, also...

img-348780-1-img-348780-1-m1nef98vxeci34

Edited by Gladius
Updated tags
  • Brohoof 20

I don't always perform acts of generosity, but when I do, I give up my own time to help you out.

Posted Image

For Christ's sake, she wasn't manipulating him. She simply said "it's a wonderful gem" and Spike willingly gave it to her after realizing himself that it would make Rarity very happy if she got the gem, and would also make him happy to see that she's happy.

• Brohoof 25

Rarity. So many times make me think that she still has a little bit of Discord in her.

Having that shown in the very last part of Season 2 is not a good sign at all.

applejack

Oh yea, I forgot about that episode where she lied about the competition and winning the ribbons :P

• Brohoof 5

For Christ's sake, she wasn't manipulating him. She simply said "it's a wonderful gem" and Spike willingly gave it to her after realizing himself that it would make Rarity very happy if she got the gem, and would also make him happy to see that she's happy.

0:50

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Multiple moments throughout the show, the mane 6 do something that's completely against their own element. I'm not talking about when they were discorded, but in everyday life, which pony do you think least lives up to here element?

Personally I'm going to have to go with Rarity on this one. She does SO many things that are the entire opposite of Generous. The entire Sisterhooves social episode is an example of one, also...

Posted Image

That made me start liking Rarity when I first saw that. The amount of ' :lol:' was quite surprising, indeed ;)

Edited by deaglePower
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity...Its just...

Look, when I first started watching the show on the first episode and saw Rarity for the first time, I knew she wasn't going to be generous. In fact, I had to pause when I heard Rarity was generosity. Its just, she has her moments, but she also has others...

(edited)

There's a difference between being generous and doing everything anyone asks you to do/letting everyone walk all over you. She didn't manipulate spike (you can say something that someone has is wonderful and imply that you want it, that's not being greedy - and she was extremely thankful for it), it's perfectly fair for her to want to catch the flowers (that's generally what you're supposed to do and she was being generous after she caught the flowers), and refusing to baby sit for someone doesn't mean anything either

I think they all live up to it pretty much equally, the only problem is that "loyalty", "generosity", and "kindness" are all pretty ambiguous terms so my guess is most people will gravitate towards Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 5

I agree with Rarity. I feel like unlike the others, whom are usually their element and occasionally do something counter to it, she is vice-versa, and is more vain than she is generous most of the time. At LEAST on the surface. I'm not going to delve into personality and what she's thinking in each specific moment, but for pure 'what she says and how she acts' I believe it's her.

• Brohoof 4

Posted Image

It was a wedding! no one even remembers those things!
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, had to vote for Rarity on this one. Oh don't get me wrong, I love her just as much as I love the rest of the Mane 6. But I think she does live the least up to her element of all of the Mane 6. Now, she's certainly extremely generous at times!! No doubt. But, maybe the most prominent example for me of her not being "generous" so to speak, would be how she behaved prior to learning her lesson in "Sisterhooves Social," because, quite frankly, she wasn't being very "generous" to Sweetie Belle in the regard that she wasn't being generous with her time nor with her patience (may seem like a bit of a stretch, but it struck me as a decidedly ungenerous action). Oh yeah, and I know everypony has pointed this one out, but this as well...

Gosh I love that scene. Love ya Rarity!!! :D

• Brohoof 2

Oh yea, I forgot about that episode where she lied about the competition and winning the ribbons :P

Technically she never lied, she just didn't tell them what was going on. (at least from what I remember)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Applejack really hasn't had many moments for her element to shine, so it's not really fair to vote her. Rarity does have her moments of generosity tho. In season 1 episode 2 cutting off a piece of her tail to replace a piece of the sea serpents moustache, in season 1 episode 14 she went out of her way to make dresses for her friends, even redoing them when they asked, despite how much work she put into them the first time, and in sisterhooves social she learned that she wasn't been very generous to her sister and learned how to in the end, competing in the sisterhooves social with sweety belle despite thinking lowly of it.

I'd say she's very generous, it's just that she's also very complex at the same time.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 3