Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

(edited)

Yeah, I gotta go with Rarity here. There have been many times that she hasn't been so generous . I can think of a couple times right off the top of my head

1. She was not Generous to Twilight on her Own Birthday, Instead of making her that beautiful dress instead she thought about her career and saw that as more important.

2. She hogged all the Spotlight when it was really Rainbow Dash's time to shine in "Sonic Rainboom"

3. Sister Hooves Social nuff said.

I could think of more but I'm not going to right now. It was a toss Up between Rainbow and Rarity and I picked Rarity. I still love Rarity though she's still my second favorite pony.

Edited by RainbowDashFan
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Who voted Fluttershy? :(

Yeah, I gotta go with Rarity here. There have been many times that she hasn't been so generous . I can think of a couple times right off the top of my head

1. She was not Generous to Twilight on her Own Birthday, Instead of making her that beautiful dress instead she thought about her career and saw that as more important.

2. She hogged all the Spotlight when it was really Rainbow Dash's time to shine in "Sonic Rainboom"

3. Sister Hooves Social nuff said.

I could think of more but I'm not going to right now. It was a toss Up between Rainbow and Rarity and I picked Rarity. I still love Rarity though she's still my second favorite pony.

Don't forget the end of Canterlot Wedding

And in "Secret of my excess" When she persuades Spike to give her the gem.

I think people are over looking Rarity's generosity. Rarity was very hard working for her friends when it came to their dresses in season 1. :P

Emphasis on the season 1... Season 2 she's worse.

Edited by Skyla

Definitely Rarity, although I've always thought that Applejack's element should have been Loyalty and that Rainbow Dash should have been Honesty.

Rainbow Dash is honest to the point of being completely tactless at times.

Applejack's only disloyal moment was in The Last Roundup, and even then she wanted to return. In fact, that entire episode was about her trying to cover up the truth about her performance at the rodeo.

I would say Rarity, as there have been many moments in the show where she hasn't lived up to her element. Sisterhood Social for example.

They're all pretty stick to their elements, but I think Rainbow Dash would be the one to least stick with her element of Harmony.

2:00 - 2:20 Sorry, I couldn't find a shorter clip with it. (and don't remember the episode at this time)

So, you can see that Rainbow Dash insisted in pursueing AJ, however you could argue that she wanted do it for Pinkie's sake.

Others in the Mane 6 would be Fluttershy; even though she's being agressive unattentionally. Twilight Sparkle... I don't know how to describe being magical. :P

Well, maybe she abondon one side of her friends, and instead of just going back for Pinkie and Rarity while losing Applejack, and then having to search for her again, she chose to stick keep on catching up to AJ, because they've been wanting something from her for a while, and they were doing their job as their friends in trying to help her do that.

I dunno, but I think RD made the better decision there.

• Brohoof 2

Well, maybe she abondon one side of her friends, and instead of just going back for Pinkie and Rarity while losing Applejack, and then having to search for her again, she chose to stick keep on catching up to AJ, because they've been wanting something from her for a while, and they were doing their job as their friends in trying to help her do that.

I dunno, but I think RD made the better decision there.

Well ofc, because they got to AJ, but I couldn't hate RD I:wub: her. Anyways, I think they can demonstrate RD's loyalty a little bit better in the show, since it's not as present as it could be

Well ofc, because they got to AJ, but I couldn't hate RD I:wub: her. Anyways, I think they can demonstrate RD's loyalty a little bit better in the show, since it's not as present as it could be

True, before I memorized their respective elements, I forgot that she was the one with Loyalty for a while....how could I do that?! I :wub: her too! o_O

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna say fluttershy because yes she is generally kind but she's mainly just quiet. She can be kinda mean sometimes. Like she generally yells in an angry way to get peoples attention and gets mad at things that doesn't do what she wants.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

*sigh*

It seems that everypony here (well almost) does not understand what it means to have a element of harmony.

Just because their element is say(using rarity here) generosity, it does not mean that that person CAN'T be selfish, they just aren't.

Applejack lied before, Twilight sparkle has a natural short-comming being the recluse that she is, Pinkie Pie gets depressed and is insecure, Rainbow dash gets too caught up in her fantasies, and Fluttershy is sometimes a bitch.

They ALL have faults, but when it comes to their strengths, Its those Elements that shine through, and that is ALL that those elements mean.

In other words, they all live up to their elements equally, and they all fall short of them too.

My thoughts on this though, feel free to dispute.

Multiple moments throughout the show, the mane 6 do something that's completely against their own element. I'm not talking about when they were discorded, but in everyday life, which pony do you think least lives up to here element?

Personally I'm going to have to go with Rarity on this one. She does SO many things that are the entire opposite of Generous. The entire Sisterhooves social episode is an example of one, also...

Do you remember the end? She comes thourgh, and even goes the extra mile to do that. I would NEVER do what she did for my brother if it were me. You can't get more generous than that.

Edited by ZoidbergBestPony
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Perhaps these trespasses are signs of inner emotional problems. Remember, in the episodes with the competition, she was overcome with shame.

Or perhaps it's just the writers twisting the character's personalities to fit the plot again.

Edited by confusedCraftsperson

(edited)

Sorry, I'm gonna have to go with Rarity. And it's not because I don't like her. I do. (Check the sig :3) As said before, all of the ponies have some point in time where they don't fit their element. Rarity, though, at times, can be a bit selfish, which is kind of the opposite of generosity. At the same time, though, she can be one of the most hospitable and giving ponies, at other times. It's just the ratio of keeping in line and breaking away from their elements seems higher for Rarity than for the others, the way I see it.

Edited by Duchess_Clover

My vote went to Rarity. I wasn't even surprised to see that she had gotten the most votes. Obviously, a perfect example of her not living up to her element would be when she shoved ponies out of the way to catch Cadence's bouquet.

Another example being the time when she got Spike to help her dig up gemstones and gave him like... one as thanks.

While I do like Rarity's character, I rarely see her actually representing "generosity". Rarity being generous is a rarity in itself :P

Remember in suited for success? Rarity generously gives all her time to make the dresses exactly what they want it to be with no complaints up to the other ponies faces.

My vote went to Rarity. I wasn't even surprised to see that she had gotten the most votes. Obviously, a perfect example of her not living up to her element would be when she shoved ponies out of the way to catch Cadence's bouquet.

Another example being the time when she got Spike to help her dig up gemstones and gave him like... one as thanks.

While I do like Rarity's character, I rarely see her actually representing "generosity". Rarity being generous is a rarity in itself :P

I see what you did there.

hate to say it...but this whole thread seems loaded against Rarity...purposeful or not. When I saw it, I immediately knew Rarity wold get the outstanding majority of votes so I am definitely not surprised.

I like to remember all the times she was generous. She makes free dresses for her friends for the Gala and redesigns them endlessly when her 'less-than-generous" friends hassle the crap out of her.. She slices her own tail off for the sea serpent's mustache, She helps Fluttershy live out an amazing career (yes I know Fluttershy didn't want to but Rarity wanted the best for her even though it was her dream).

Just my thoughts.

With that said...ALL of them at times go against their element

Oh yea, I forgot about that episode where she lied about the competition and winning the ribbons :P

She didnt lie.

Id have to say Rarity, dont get me wrong I love rarity so much but even though she can be generous you have to admit she can do un generous things.

Who said Pinkie lol?? Pinkiepie is ALWAYS laughing!

hate to say it...but this whole thread seems loaded against Rarity...purposeful or not. When I saw it, I immediately knew Rarity wold get the outstanding majority of votes so I am definitely not surprised.

I like to remember all the times she was generous. She makes free dresses for her friends for the Gala and redesigns them endlessly when her 'less-than-generous" friends hassle the crap out of her.. She slices her own tail off for the sea serpent's mustache, She helps Fluttershy live out an amazing career (yes I know Fluttershy didn't want to but Rarity wanted the best for her even though it was her dream).

Just my thoughts.

With that said...ALL of them at times go against their element

Just because she gos against her elements sometimes dosent mean shes a bad character.

But out of all of them she has the MOST times where she gos againts her element