Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

IIRC, the only time she lied (Skipped over Dragon Quest, Sweet and Elite and Show Stoppers) was in Party of One when she said they were doing construction.

In The Last Roundup, I don't remember outright lying. I don't remember her telling the whole truth either.

No she broke a Pinkie Promise, that way she lied.

No she broke a Pinkie Promise, that way she lied.

She promised she would tell everypony the truth AT BREAKFAST. She never said anything about showing up at breakfast. She didn't tell them the truth but didn't lie either.

She promised she would tell everypony the truth AT BREAKFAST. She never said anything about showing up at breakfast. She didn't tell them the truth but didn't lie either.

I still count it as a lie. But it seems almost everyone went with rarity, which I see, but really...

(edited)

I still count it as a lie. But it seems almost everyone went with rarity, which I see, but really...

It's not really one. Like I said, her Pinkie Promise is "I'll tell everypony during breakfast", not "I'll be there during breakfast". Her not showing up voids her Pinkie Promise meaning she never lied.

Edited by Xidphel

It's not really one. Like I said, her Pinkie Promise is "I'll tell everypony during breakfast", not "I'll be there during breakfast". Her not showing up voids her Pinkie Promise meaning she never lied.

I see but still think it's Applejack.

Oh yea, I forgot about that episode where she lied about the competition and winning the ribbons :P

now she didnt lie, she said she was gonna send the money later and that she wasn't coming back so your argument is invalid sir

eheem... everypony i believe you mean yes? anyways the above reply is correct her not showing up to the breakfast voids the promise and she never really said WHICH breakfast to so she could have waited months before telling them, this is what we call a loophole

Rainbow Dash in my mind loyalty is sticking by your friends no matter what yet time and time again she ignores them to try and meet the wonderbolts, who don't care about her. She never listens to her friends problems and only looks out for herself instead of encouraging her friends to be better. Also EVERYTHING is a competition with her. Can't you just hang out with your friends?

no shes loyal...to herself so i guess that counts

eheem... everypony i believe you mean yes? anyways the above reply is correct her not showing up to the breakfast voids the promise and she never really said WHICH breakfast to so she could have waited months before telling them, this is what we call a loophole.

Using a loophole doesn't constitute dishonesty? That logic makes Discord sound trustworthy...

Using a loophole doesn't constitute dishonesty? That logic makes Discord sound trustworthy...

...wait...he isnt?....aww crap i screwed up then...DONT ASK, but were all in danger...ima go fix that
  • Brohoof 1

although I hate to say it, I'd have to go with Rarity. While all of the mane 6 represent their elements well, I feel that rarity does the least to show her generosity. I'm not saying that she does a horrible job at being generous, but in comparison to the others, she just isn't quite up to par.

Of course, she's still very generous, and I feel kind of bad bashing her like this. Oh well.

I feel like Rarity has the hardest element to live up to. Pinkie pie and Fluttershy probably has the easiest. You can always be kind and laugh. Rainbow Dash and Twilight also has quite easy elements. You can always be loyal to your friends, but it's not always easy to be. I have not yet completely understood Twilight's element. I think that she has to make sure that everypony is happy and sticks together? It may be a hard task sometimes, but it's not "wrong" to do it on occassions. Applejack surely has quite a hard element, you can't always be honest about everything, that just makes ponies hate you. But most of the time you can be honest about almost everything.

Rarity on the other hand can't always be generous. And not a lot generous either. If she were too generous ponies would use her, take for granted that she always does things for her. That also leaves very little things for yourself. You can't have your own things, you would probably give it away to others. And you could never run a shop. Just one customer complaining about the price and you'll give it away for free. She probably has the hardest time choosing when it's more appropriate to be generous and when not to.

And as somepony said, when she is generous, she is REALLY generous.

• Brohoof 1

What above poster said. For what we've seen in the show so far it would have to be either AJ or Rarity, therefore I refuse to vote in this ;)

Well this is cheat, Rarity's element was supposed to be the element of Inspiration, but Lauren said she couldn't use that since it was too hard for kida to understand.

Go to this vid at 13:00

I'm surprised anyone voted on Fluttershy, Twilight, and Pinkie.

They all live up to their element just about perfectly. Twilight always goes with her magic, and the only time Fluttershy is mean- well.. Never really. And on Putting your hoof down, she felt resmorse, she just went a little screwy like Rwilight seems to usually do.

And Pinkie... Derp. When is she not energetic or laughing? It wasn't her fault on Party of one, but that was for that short episode.

On the other three, Rainbow Dash really has been loyal. Sure she does have a cocky attitude, sometimes acts like a jerk, but that has little to do with Loyalty.

Applejack never really lied on her own will, but she felt she needed to. If i'm expected to do well, and return with a bad result, course i'd be scared. And the party of one, ehh.

Rarity however, makes the selfish decisions. And she KNOWS it. So that means she knows herself that she denies the element.

On 1-6 of breaking elements:

6. Twilight - Never

5. Pinkie - Unintentional and rarely

4. Fluttershy - Unintentional and rarely

3. Rainbow Dash - Rarely if ever

2. Applejack - Intentional under pressure

1. Rarity - Often and knowing

The thing I like about Rarity on this though, is that she KNOWS it's wrong, and fixes it by the end of an episode.

• Brohoof 1

i have to say that it is Rarity simple because she seems to be thrown under the bus more than the others. being generus is so loose that some will see a single vain act and call them out where as being kind and laughing are easy. also aside from the episode with the rodeo there is no place where AJ really has a reason to lie and being the element of magic is simple when you are a unicorn and always able to use magic as part of your race.

• Brohoof 1

hhhm its rely a tie between Rainbowdash and Rairity but i can cut Rarity some slack because she cant be genorus all the time over wise she would have no buissness RD on the other hand is only loyal when it suits her and her loyalty can also be her flaw i.e. her loyalty or her friends and stoping discord or her loyalty to cloudsdale

(edited)

Rarity... Remember Baby Cakes? She was offered to do baby sitting, and quickly said no.

Everyone gets out of character every now and then though. XD

Edited by VioletLinked

Rarity is generous

Come on now who would make 6 dresses that were inspired by her friends comments then when the dresses don't work out she makes 6

totally new dresses so they could look fabulous at the gala

That truly is generous.

But rainbow on the other hand meh i don't see her being loyal a lot at all.

I think of the Elements of Harmony much in the way the Apostles are portrayed in the Bible.

The Apostles of Christ most of the time are actually pretty petty, dim-witted, ignorant, impolite and slow to learn, as shown in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John- which is an interesting irony, since three of the Gospels were written by the Apostles themselves). This is because they only really came into their element as the Early Church Fathers and First Saints weeks, months and years after Christ died, and fully realized his teachings. Peter was more brutish than most of the other Apostles, yet he became the first Pope, and was the leader of the Christ Church in Jerusalem until the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD.

My point is, the Elements of Harmony do not instantly remove all the flaws of the character who bears said Element: the Element is the realization and guidance of how they are to correct and true themselves into becoming the Exemplar. This may take many years- or many Seasons, as the case may be. Inasmuch, the whole concept is not a an excuse plot for messianic reputation and Power, it is a justification for ongoing Character Dynamic and Development.

• Brohoof 3