Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Phobia?

Tech Reel

What are you scared of? What type of things chill you to the bone, even if it isn't quite rational.

I for one am freaked out by wooden puppets. And I have a weird anxiety about talking on phones.

What about you?

• Brohoof 1

Losing friends and separation anxiety to an extent. I wouldn't call them a phobia but those are the only true things I fear and just trying to trust others in general.

• Brohoof 2

Losing friends and separation anxiety to an extent. I wouldn't call them a phobia but those are the only true things I fear and just trying to trust others in general.

Oh man, I know the feeling. What even was that word you used? "Trust". Havent used that word in ages XD

• Brohoof 1

Hello, @@Tech Reel

Because this thread is asking more of a general, yet serious question, I have gone ahead and moved it to General Discussion.

To add on to this, I have the phobia of deep water. Lakes, oceans, and even streams frighten me. Oh, and I am terrified of being chased.

I'm afraid of the dark, afraid of heights, and extremely fearful of death. A somewhat sillier phobia of mine would be hills because of an experience many years ago where I ran down one and ended up tumbling the rest of the way.

I have two phobias. One "artificial" and one "normal". The normal one is the fear of bees, wasps and everything that looks or make the same sound. And the one I call "artificial" is a one I "made" myself have when it was "cool to have weird phobias", and now can't get rid of it since it became a habit xD. Globophobia, fear of balloons. I hate when they explode in my face. Want to make me run away, try squeezing and rubbing a balloon in front of my face xD I dunno if I should include fear of pain too. It's not like I afraid little pain, but something like "suffering immense pain" is extremely scary for me. I am not afraid of death, though. Not in the slightest. I could go jump off a building head down if I really had to for some "sacrifice yourself to save the one you love" reason.  But I wish I never have to die in pain, like drowning or burning alive or being tortured T^T

Edited by Missklang

Been waiting for a topic like this.

I've long had a fear of balloons. I can't relax around them, because I'm always anticipating the sudden loud burst if it pops. This phobia kind of makes rational sense when you consider that a balloon is essentially comprised of air atoms racing around inside the balloon at hundreds of miles per hour.

Water. I've never swum before, except years and years ago in a pool that even 7 year old me could stand up in. In they years since I've had a growing fear of water. I don't like being wet, even like say after a shower. Mainly though, I'm terrified of drowning. Just the thought of trying to breath, and all that comes in is water, choking you...struggling to move through the thick wetness around you... ugh. NOT how I want to go out. I don't even want to get a pool or put my head in it these days.

Also, an irrational fear I have is one of ruined reputation. Imagine that if everywhere you went, people despised you. You were an outcast eveywhere. Everyone looks down upon you, scorns you, insults you, etc. Irrational, maybe, but I fear it.

Oh yes, and torture. Specifically, waterboarding. Because, remember how I hate water?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Spiders. But it's one that I've been slowly overcoming over the years. Not quite at the level to feel comfortable up close with the house spiders we get over here in the UK.

CAUTION! - Spoiler contains spider image that might make some spider phobia suffers feel uneasy.

Don't want you to blindly click it and blam! It's the tamest picture I could really find to show what spider I've had to deal with before.

I've had to deal with ones larger than what's in that picture. The worst is when it's really late at night and the only light in the room is from my computer monitor. Then THAT decides to take a casual stroll right in front of my hands. I also had one appear on my elbow while out in the utility room! Harmless and only attack when really provoked. But no thanks! One should not have to use large tupperware boxes just to catch and put them outside!  :yeahno:

(To spider lovers - Fear not. I release them where they can survive)

Spoiler

Spider-633917.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Potentially Lilapsophobia or Astrapobia. Whenever a thunderstorm is forecast on the weather channel, I always get terribly anxious. :rarity: Needless to say, tornado watches and warning are practically the bane of my very existence. This fear of mine has gradually improved over the years... but it is still a present issue.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

I used to have a phobia of bees. As of right now, I don't think I have any.

I used to have a phobia of bees as well, they were the only thing I would be irrationally afraid of. In fact, the only time I've had a nightmare, bees were involved.

But my phobia is of knowing there is no one there with me. I am an introvert at heart, but not having the confirmation of another person somewhere in my life is just a terrifying thought to me.

• Brohoof 3

I fear spiders and snakes, which isn't really irrational in my understanding. But on the other side of the coin, I'm not a fan of department store mannequins; they can creep me out sometimes and were the center of many childhood fears. I'm afraid of crime too.

• Brohoof 1

I have arachnophobia, spiders and some other insects if that sort makes me feel very uncomfortable, it is not as strong as before but I cant help it but be afraid of them. 

I am also scared of highs, if I'm standing on something around 2 meters or higher I'm starting to get dizzy and at about 4 meters I feel just terrified even if I am absolutely safe.  

Spiders, wasps, enclosed spaces and darkness are what do it for me. :sealed: 

....well dang it. Looks like I already replied to this thread. Nevermind me. Carry on. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 3 weeks later...

What am I afraid of.. I guess I will break this up into a few categories.

First, we will start with Social fears I guess...

One is just losing friends in general, I mean.. Who doesn't fear that.. Two is me messing up so bad that I have no friends when I turn like 40 or something. Really all for that...

Second, just irrational fears. When a moth or butterfly or any bug with huge wings comes towards me, I really don't like that, I freak out and run away. xD And also things like wasps, bee, and stuff like that, I have never been stung by anything, and I wanna keep it that way... I do like spiders though, they can startle me but spiders are pretty cool.

I guess for another irrational fear is... Hmm.. I am not entirely sure. I used to have lots but I really don't anymore, or at least can't think of many anymore....

And third... Just normal fears. I am afraid of you know, getting really badly injured, getting blind, getting deaf, things like that, making someone so mad they wanna kill me, yada yada... Nothing too special... That's it I suppose.

Storms though, I love those, Tornados, I wanna chase those to get a nice picture of that, I love lightning, rain, and excitement. But those aren't fears.. Heh

I have seveal fears...

• I'm afraid of drowning
  • I'm afraid of falling
  • I'm afraid of failing
  • I'm afraid of social situations
  • I'm afraid of being unable to see (Dark?)
  • I'm afraid of cooking for other people

Also if something crawls on me I get creeped out and it will more than likely end up dead, and I'm probably afraid of more things I don't know of... :blink:

Anxiety may as well be my middle name... :unsure: