Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Hasn't Any Information About Season 7 Been Released?

Sly

Since the S6 finale aired.... there has been a grave silence about official MLP things.... I know we are in hiatus and all but, things are more silent than usual. We still don't know ANYTHING ABOUT the S7 so far, neither how many episodes there'll be in it (when the last year the number of episodes of S6 was revealed in September). But it's not just that, even in the Merchandise part of the series I've noticed something really off: aside some new standard toys with new designs (that personally scare me off with the open mouth versions) that don't belong to any new themed toyline (MLPMerch calls it Reboot Line), even in the toys faction of the series there's an absolute silence lately... this is very weird... somehow I've got the feeling that I'm not gonna be the only one who will stop watching MLP with the Movie.

In any case, Discovery Family is gonna do a special Pony Marathon during the last day of the year. Maybe we'll get some news there? We'll see about that.

Anone else felt this hiatushow is more silent than usual lately? Or it's just me?

Welcome to the cabal. Here are your robes, your MEGA hat, and a fresh towel.

Anyhow, some of us have been following this for a while. It’s just that there aren’t many leads and clues by which one would be able to realize what’s going on. All we have are speculations, but you know how these things are in a fandom: 95% wishful thinking, 5% experience-based conjecture.

My educated guess: they are focusing all their resources on the Movie and its merchandise.

• Brohoof 2

Since the S6 finale aired.... there has been a grave silence about official MLP things.... I know we are in hiatus and all but, things are more silent than usual. We still don't know ANYTHING ABOUT the S7 so far, neither how many episodes there'll be in it (when the last year the number of episodes of S6 was revealed in September). But it's not just that, even in the Merchandise part of the series I've noticed something really off: aside some new standard toys with new designs (that personally scare me off with the open mouth versions) that don't belong to any new themed toyline (MLPMerch calls it Reboot Line), even in the toys faction of the series there's an absolute silence lately... this is very weird... somehow I've got the feeling that I'm not gonna be the only one who will stop watching MLP with the Movie.

In any case, Discovery Family is gonna do a special Pony Marathon during the last day of the year. Maybe we'll get some news there? We'll see about that.

Anone else felt this hiatushow is more silent than usual lately? Or it's just me?

Given how Both S6 and the last EQG movie had about zero relation to the current christmas toylines (Seriously, there's about zero LOE toys on the shelves while there's a million EQG minis from older movies out), I think there seems to be a massive Disconnect right now from their Toy and merchandise ideas and the Upcoming stuff.

So I wouldn't look too much into the lack of info as indicative of much, Hasbro seems to be realizing that they skipped over a CRAPTON of merchandising opportunities over the past 5 years (Like they're just now starting to utilize old stuff like the mane six's houses for playsets) and isn't too focused on promoting new stuff and info.

This time of the year everything is focused on Xmas, I wouldn't worry too much.  They haven't come out with something after the New Year, I'd panic.

still funny how the Big Xmas toyline they're pushing hard is a toyline that there's been ZERO in universe shilling off (GOH is pretty much out of left field for the franchise)

This is the second time in the show's history that we don't know what's going to happen in the show, the first being Alicorn Twilight and that had mixed reactions. We are unclear if the show still focuses on the Mane 6 or will it go in a new direction and focus on Starlight. My hopes are the latter since I think that the show can go a long way if it did happen.

"The show is far past it's prime"

Not really, but okay.

Every show I follow has less ratings now, because TV is dying, especially premium channels, everyone I know, everyone I ever talk to online, watches mlp online. It may not be in its prime anymore, but its not a huge decrease either, the prime was season 4. Season 6 is more akin to season 2 in terms of fandom popularity

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it's kinda weird that we have't gotten ANY info at all. The only thing we know is that S7 is in spring, there'll be 3 EG specials instead of a movie, and well.... we haven gotten any movie info for a while :huh:. Still, I don't think it's because FiM is dying, but because this is the first time ponies will have a feature film, and they wanna prepare for the big party 

• Brohoof 3

The staff are under the usual standard agreement that forbids them to talk about anything unless Hasbro gives them the green light to go ahead and do so. This also includes the voice cast as they are under the same agreement. As such, until they are told to, they are keeping mum on anything to do with MLP next year. I'm hoping for something to be revealed as early as next month as waiting too long might end up backfiring.

• Brohoof 1

Hello, @@Sly

Just so you are aware, I have altered this thread's title to give it more proper context as to what it pertains to.

Thank you!

• Brohoof 1

Outside of major not PONY SPECIFIC cons we usually don't get much till 2-1 months before the new season... with S6 since like S5 it ended well after SDCC and NYCC after S5 we got nothing till like 2 months before the premiere of S6, I imagine it'll be the same this time for S7.

Before Seasons premiered in the Fall and ended in Spring so we got stuff at SDCC in the Summer, the Production and airing schedule is different now. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

It's also similar to Season 2 in that they both end with Queen Chrysalis as the two-parter villain and someone else saved the day.

Very true, season 6 was probably meant to be a throwback to season 2. Guess people didn't want that  B)

The reason there isn't more news is the VAs and DHX staff are infinitely more tight lipped on twitter, and DFC are far worse at marketing than The Hub was.

It used to be that I could tell you one year in advance who was going to be in an episode, and roughly what the episode was about, THE DAY IT WAS RECORDED based solely on twitter and instagram activity, but those days are long past.

Considering the episode lists leak out (as shown by the last two seasons) I can understand why DHX & Hasbro want to remain silent. As the season begins in the Spring, AKA March - May, they have a lot of time to prepare things and ensure they're done right.

On top of that, they've also got to focus on the feature film and the EQ specials, which adds even more to their workload. They understand we're an impatient bunch, but I'm happy to wait until February to hear news about the season, it's my worry about seasons after this upcoming one that are more a concern.

Very true, season 6 was probably meant to be a throwback to season 2. Guess people didn't want that  B)

Not really. More like, they wanted a tour of Equestria, even though that was the toy theme. Heh. Now that you mention it, with how people compare 28 Pranks Later to The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, you could say that Season 6 was a throwback to season 2. The difference between the finales being that in A Canterlot Wedding, Cadance being impersonated being a secret was on purpose, while we never get to at least see Twilight getting captured in Two Where And Back Again.

Edited by heavens-champion

Considering the episode lists leak out (as shown by the last two seasons) I can understand why DHX & Hasbro want to remain silent. As the season begins in the Spring, AKA March - May, they have a lot of time to prepare things and ensure they're done right.

On top of that, they've also got to focus on the feature film and the EQ specials, which adds even more to their workload. They understand we're an impatient bunch, but I'm happy to wait until February to hear news about the season, it's my worry about seasons after this upcoming one that are more a concern.

Because of the Spongebob curse :huh:?

Yeah, not to mention having Celestia stuck in a cocoon get multiplied by 10 with having Luna, Cadance, Twilight, Shining Armor, and the Mane Six stuck in cocoons as well this time around. Makes one wonder how Season 7 will open with tying events there to the Season 6 finale.

Yeah, not to mention having Celestia stuck in a cocoon get multiplied by 10 with having Luna, Cadance, Twilight, Shining Armor, and the Mane Six stuck in cocoons as well this time around. Makes one wonder how Season 7 will open with tying events there to the Season 6 finale.

I still think the heroes have faced things far more traumatic than getting placed in a cocoon.

Not really. More like, they wanted a tour of Equestria, even though that was the toy theme. Heh. Now that you mention it, with how people compare 28 Pranks Later to The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, you could say that Season 6 was a throwback to season 2. The difference between the finales being that in A Canterlot Wedding, Cadance being impersonated being a secret was on purpose, while we never get to at least see Twilight getting captured in Two Where And Back Again.

True, but there's also the matter of how the rest of the Mane Six got captured as well, and the Royal Family too. No explanation for that, and I'm hoping it will be answered in the Season 7 premiere in at least some acceptable way.

I still think the heroes have faced things far more traumatic than getting placed in a cocoon.

True, but with no explanation as to how Chrysalis pulled it off and got them in those cocoons to begin with, it leaves one big plot hole that needs to be answered in some way in the Season 7 premiere to bring some closure to the Season 6 finale, and in a way that we can all accept.