Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who was the Changelings' father?

Dec Browne

True. Anything with gratuitous violence is definitely M for mature.

Now that I think about it, if Chrysalis returns with a new batch of Changelings who are loyal to her, how would they go about explaining where they come from? I mean, Thorax gave us kind of an explanation, but not really enough to be truly invested since I feel there was much more that could have been said.

• Brohoof 1

Don't a lot insect hives have a drone mate with the queen to produce offspring? At least, that is what I think it was. Not entirely sure how that is going to work now with the changelings being Reindeer Bug Ponies, but I am sure they can still reproduce if Chrysalis was still around.

• Brohoof 2

sig-4770643.Great-Movie-Easter-Eggs-Alie

Seriously though:

Wouldn't it be a fun twist if Thorax was the father. Ineffectual male being treated poorly by his domineering queen bride, so he tried to run off and find his own way, until the way he needed was to be the king he really was inside all along. He does change into a different body and is kingly once he "reforms" -- maybe he was the king all along. Everyone immediately called him King Thorax I believe - there wasn't a coronation of sort. He just was...

...because maybe was the King already.

sig-4770643.thorax__the_king_of_changeli

Of course, we all know there's only one man who can really answer this question:

maury.jpg

• Brohoof 1

That's a question I'm surprised no one has asked before. Given how Chrysalis prides herself as being both their leader and the sole ruler of the Changelings, I don't think she would appreciate having another Changeling acting on equal footing with her. Still, if there was a father, what do you suppose happened to him?

I think she ate him. Hue hue hue......

• Brohoof 2

I think she ate him. Hue hue hue......

That certainly is a possibility although we'll never see it because that would be deemed too gruesome for a show like MLP.

• Brohoof 4

That certainly is a possibility although we'll never see it because that would be deemed too gruesome for a show like MLP.

Yes, but there are certainly a few dark things about MLP. Such as Celestia being a godlike figure, but also a "friendship" dictator.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but there are certainly a few dark things about MLP. Such as Celestia being a godlike figure, but also a "friendship" dictator.

Going in a dark direction is fine although we'd only be able to scratch the surface more than anything else. With the age demographic the way it is, the true depths of certain actions are the stuff of fanfiction and fanart.

• 2 months later...

The comics have alluded to a certain powerful unicorn

Starswirled the Bearded decided to dump magic near some spooky tree and poof!

Suddenly changelings

So spooky tree needed some magic to make Chrysalis?

Spooky Tree is her father.

Actually maybe any stallion can give a brood to the queen, maybe the tree cursed a mare with the magic it got and made Chrysalis. And maybe she goes for the more loving stallions for a larger brood due to love/magic being required to give birth to a larger spawn. Perhaps because she would lose interest if they don't last long, because she can't get more love out of them so she has to move on lol.

it's  possible that Queen chrysalis can reproduce asexually, like some of other insects.

or.. i guess magic too, can happen.

That's a question I'm surprised no one has asked before. Given how Chrysalis prides herself as being both their leader and the sole ruler of the Changelings, I don't think she would appreciate having another Changeling acting on equal footing with her. Still, if there was a father, what do you suppose happened to him?

She ate him. Duh. What else would a terrible bug queen do? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis

My theory is partheogenesis. She just lays eggs because she's a Queen. All is kinda explained in the "insect" section, that's kinda how I see this changeling situation

-"B-but Fullmoon, Chrysalis is gone and the changelins are refor-"

-"Shhhhh. This doesn't exist. It's only an illusion. Changelins are still changelings. Chrysalis is still here. It's all a lie. They'll come back."

Main problem with parthenogenesis is that there are male changelings like Thorax. Only females can be created though that manner. 

sig-4770643.sig-4770643.Great-Movie-East

Seriously though:

Wouldn't it be a fun twist if Thorax was the father. Ineffectual male being treated poorly by his domineering queen bride, so he tried to run off and find his own way, until the way he needed was to be the king he really was inside all along. He does change into a different body and is kingly once he "reforms" -- maybe he was the king all along. Everyone immediately called him King Thorax I believe - there wasn't a coronation of sort. He just was...

...because maybe was the King already.

sig-4770643.sig-4770643.thorax__the_king

Of course, we all know there's only one man who can really answer this question:

sig-4770643.maury.jpg

Considering we see he hatched from Chrysalis's eggs that fails to answer the original question, and is seriously squick. 

I don't think the Changelings had a father to begin with when it comes to insects as there was always a queen of a certain species. I could be proven wrong though. 

Insects with queens have fathers, they're called drones. 

• Brohoof 1

Insects with queens have fathers, they're called drones. 

Ah, right. Drones it is. Didn't know about it until now.

Now that Thorax is the newly crowned king of the Changelings, who would be his wife I wonder?

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

We have to know for certain if Chryssy is the only one laying those eggs, and not other of her female subjects did contributed with it. But for the sake to follow the topic lead, I assume that she would choose a different male each time, and they wouldn't be on equal authority to her in any way, just like most insect colonies 

• Brohoof 2