Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

should flurry heart be introduced in the mlp movie instead of season 6?

OLD ACCOUNT

i was thinking about season 6 like some are good episodes and some bad but i do still like the show but ya when they introduced flurry heart i thought cool another alicorn but interesting being born into one , not have to do a good deed to become one and i thought it would be good season well....after part 1 and 2 episode and watching the rest of season 6 i was thinking, ''wait....ware is flurry heart ? and then when the finale came with the changelings i thought ''hmmm maybe flurry heart is so powerful even when starburst gave the parents a spell to lower down her magic she could play a little part ware she can take care of her self for a bit with her magic'' but.....nope they completely ignored flurry heart.

so my question is should flurry heart been introduced in the mlp movie as a ending sequence or anyware in the movie instead of season 6 ?

(correct me if i was wrong)

I don't think so. There's so much a baby can do as a character. If they've remedied this by either making her a traveler from the future or the setting would have been set in the future, it's more likely that she'll be even more disliked. I don't remember a new character originating in a movie about a well known brand that is was well received :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, no. She's a baby. What are they even gonna do with her? She was there to do baby things and be adorable, and she filled that role well. 

making her a traveler from the future

This would be a really fun idea for an episode, though; having a grown up Flurry Heart travel from the future for whatever reason. 

As a baby, there isn't really much Flurry Heart can do compared to the other princesses and other characters. If she were to make an appearance in next year's movie, it would have to be in a brief cameo unless she has gotten a bit older since her debut at the start of season six. If the latter has happened then her role could be slightly bigger but as it stands she is better off remaining in the background.

• Brohoof 2

As a baby, there isn't really much Flurry Heart can do compared to the other princesses and other characters. If she were to make an appearance in next year's movie, it would have to be in a brief cameo unless she has gotten a bit older since her debut at the start of season six. If the latter has happened then her role could be slightly bigger but as it stands she is better off remaining in the background.

I can see your point, but remember what happened at the crystalling?

Yeah, no. She's a baby. What are they even gonna do with her? She was there to do baby things and be adorable, and she filled that role well. 

This would be a really fun idea for an episode, though; having a grown up Flurry Heart travel from the future for whatever reason. 

But like I wrote,that'll bring challenges to the writers. First, not everyone received McFlurry really well, but that's because they've expected things they shouldn't. Second, it can be a second Starlight Glimmer, which with experience, it might work better, but still lies the problem of repeating the 6th ranger trope in the show. Maybe if they bring her as a filly and hang out with the cuties instead may have a better chance for her to be better received 

She shouldn't have been introduced to begin with.

I'm gonna agree, but modify that by saying, keep it in the show,

cause the show seems to be fading away anyways.

Hasbro seems more focused on transitioning into Eq'Girls.

Though that's purely speculation.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna agree, but modify that by saying, keep it in the show, cause the show seems to be fading away anyways. Hasbro seems more focused on transitioning into Eq'Girls. Though that's purely speculation.

Maybe.  I'm guessing that they're putting more emphasis on movies in general.  I love the show but I agree with you that it is going downhill a bit.  But judging by the last few EqG movies, which I thought were really good, the MLP movie could have a lot of potential. So maybe the movie would bring the show back to life.

I only put out my opinion on the possibility of Hasbro transitioning into Eq'Girls because it seemed to me that while FiM is in decline, Eq'Girls appeared to be gaining not only popularity, but better (though still 'meh') writing and development.

I don't think FiM will just up n' disappear though.

God forbid people lose their sole fix of equine cartoony-ness.

:P

But like I wrote,that'll bring challenges to the writers. First, not everyone received McFlurry really well, but that's because they've expected things they shouldn't. Second, it can be a second Starlight Glimmer, which with experience, it might work better, but still lies the problem of repeating the 6th ranger trope in the show. Maybe if they bring her as a filly and hang out with the cuties instead may have a better chance for her to be better received

I mean for a single episode before going back, not permanently as you suggested. And I don't put much weight on "popular reception," at least in this show.

Maybe they'll age Flurry Heart like they do in sitcoms,

where she's a baby in Season 6 & in Season 7 she'll be in elementary school.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe they'll age Flurry Heart like they do in sitcoms,

where she's a baby in Season 6 & in Season 7 she'll be in elementary school.

It's certainly a possibility since they did a similar thing to Pound Cake and Pumpkin Pie Cake by having them a little bit older now and not needing diapers.

• Brohoof 1

@@Ganondorf8,

That would also give Flurry Heart more of a purpose  besides, just being a background character.

(Like, her parents.)

Cadance has done some good in the show but I do see what you mean. Flurry Heart getting a little bit older would also give Sunburst another reason to be around since he is in charger of her training.

• Brohoof 1