Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will the villain be like this season?

Eddie123

Do you see a more philosopher type like Starlight and Discord, or a traditionally evil force like Sombra and Chrysalis? (Although I think the latter will return at some point).

• Brohoof 2

Be interesting if it was a supernatural force with an acolyte, similar to Neverending Story. Celestia and the oft hoped for Nightmare version, or even a no villain would be interesting. That said, I'm expecting some form of 'team up' or another manipulative baddie.

• Brohoof 1

Some office worker died in a traffic accident and was reincarnated as a little female fledgling abandoned on the steps of one of many orphanages in the Griffin Empire. She is now nine years old.

(edited)

it'd  be interesting if the villain was a foal. or one of the mane 6. 

I'll only want Tirek to come back if Scorpan comes back too. But maybe we could use a villain from G1! How about Grogar? The giant goat dude?

I'd much rather get Catrina. To lead into explaining the race of Cat people, like Capper, for the movie. Maybe instead of a witch, she could be a Cat Sidhe or Bakeneko? 

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

(edited)

If i was to guess, chrysalis? just because she wasn't reformed at the end of season 6 and that's where we left off. I like the starlight discord villians a lot more tho

Edited by Firedog
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't mind a new villain, but I'd much rather see the writers bring back a G1 villain like Grogar or have Tirek and/or Sombra return.

I really really really want the next villain to stay evil and not be reformed.

I don't think the writers are going to reform any more villains, otherwise Chrysalis would've been reformed at the end of the Season 6 finale.

Edited by Aurora Glimmer

I expect Chrysalis back. I hope we don't have to wait as long as we had since A Canterlot Wedding to see her again. Her teaming up with Tyrek and/or other not reformed bad guys would be interesting, but since this was the plot for one of the comic arcs already, I'm not sure the main series team would be willing to repeat the formula.

(edited)

The next villain should be someone from Princess Celestia and Luna family lineage. Just an excuse to give these two more screen time and more backstory which is sorely needed.

Edited by Singe

Clearly Chrysalis is the villain. Unless they decide to do a two-season buildup to the inevitable confrontation. I hope she isn't reformed either. Way too much reformation in the series. It has become a stale writer's crutch at this point (although, I will admit Starlight's reformation made her into an incredibly interesting character, and was the best part of season 6).

they said that the Comics will tie in directly to S7-- This doesn't neccessarily mean the comics will affect the show, but that at least the comics will be related to upcoming plots.

Given how shadowlock's spells are based around erasing people's memory's, and its a 3 parter, not that long, I'm actually expecting shadowlock to be the villain of S7: specificially I think the comics are going to be a prequel to S7 and that he'll, in a way, *succeed*. Maybe not totally, but in a way that erases the mane six's memories of him, so they forget ever having encountered him before.

As for shadowlock, I'm expecting he'll play out like Starlight did in The cutie mark map, more of an evil extremist than a flat out evil villain. Hopefully without redemption though.

• Brohoof 1

The villain of Season 7 is going to be Shoddy writing, and its up to the writers to defeat the beast and produce a season that isn't mostly forgettable and mediocre like the last one. 

Oh you mean like CHARACTER villain. 

Probably Chrysalis, though I fear for her safety as a villain. Too many have fallen to Harmony's reformation rays. 

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind a new villain, but I'd much rather see the writers bring back a G1 villain like Grogar or have Tirek and/or Sombra return.

I don't think the writers are going to reform any more villains, otherwise Chrysalis would've been reformed at the end of the Season 6 finale.

I'd put either of them returning at a very low chance; Tirek is going to be used for the next GOH toyline from what I heard, so they probably want to keep him in the wings untouched, and Sombra was reformed HARD in the comics, and they try and avoid countering Comic canon too much.

The villain of Season 7 is going to be Shoddy writing, and its up to the writers to defeat the beast and produce a season that isn't mostly forgettable and mediocre like the last one. 

Oh you mean like CHARACTER villain. 

Probably Chrysalis, though I fear for her safety as a villain. Too many have fallen to Harmony's reformation rays. 

I hope not. If its chrysalis its going to be a Glimmer train, fullstop, given how she basically swore Glimmer as her sworn enemy and nemesis in the last one. We've had enough of her for a good long time.

. I am not too certain about that. I am kinda afraid that given how the season 6 finale ended, Chyrsalis is going to return, and sadly be reformed.

I am hoping that accompanying a new villain, we get a fledged anti hero as well with their own ultimate goals, and separate and independent allegiances,  possibly having feuding ideologies with the mane six but at the same time leaving no CLEAR moral high ground for our hero characters but a a shared common enemy... actually kind of what I was hoping to see out of Tempest

I would prefer the philosopher type. It'll give more room for a good lesson to be taught.  

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it is Starlight her self. She couldn't deal with the stress and so began to corrupt and be the villain again. She is defeated by Celestia and trown in Tartarus. Just a nod!