Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

IPB 4.0 Upgrade FAQ & Issues Megathread

Lavo

9 minutes ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

If there is a night mode or skin now, it's not working for me.

I don't recall a night mode being added, unless I've missed something that the forum software has done?

2 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Just browsing through my old PMs and no matter which one it is and what page I move to, it's awfully slow on mobile devices no matter if I'm connected to wifi or not. The search function on the messenger is so slow that I've been caught with 504 gateway timeouts. 

Yeah, that'll likely be down to it attempting to search the full table as apposed to searching a special index. Unfortunately the same with everything else, those are pending to be rebuilt. If it's still slow in a few days, ping me again and I'll take a look at it.

4 minutes ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

@Lavo

Well Feld0 said to me that he had something like it, so maybe talk to him?

OOHHHHHHHHHHH. The night mode backgrounds. Yeah, I did forget those.... Sorry! Will get those back in soon.

• Brohoof 4

There's some sort of issue with the avatars on the mobile version. For me, it shows as my second last avatar but when i go to my profile to say change it and i click on my avatar it shows up as mu current one in the preview.

The title should say it all. Ever since the update tot eh site, I have not been able to track the place I have posted in. Used to be even if I havent followed a tread I could still tell when a tread I have posted in had an update. So when I tried clicking Content I have posted in, the tab comes up totally empty even after posting after the update

Edited by Twilight-Shimmer

18 hours ago, Lavo said:

This is the place to post your issues with the latest update to MLP Forums.

Can't delete my own posts when I make a mess. The @Tech wasn't working either, also double posted stuff 

*Sigh* 

Can't get my gender right

Don't even know how to change that either

Can't Find RP- Equestria World or whatever its called. There no button in the top of the screen

No Zombie Emoji

Doesn't show who reply's to my topics

Don't like the layout

Videos take up a ton of space

Don't like the noise when I enable the 'make a sound when i get a notification'

I don't like the random notifications i'm getting

Don't like the fact its new

Don't like the circle avatars

Don't like that theres no mention of a name just a quote

can't select how much of a post i an quote, just the whole quote

super clumpy in a rp when i actually quote a whole quote

Don't know how to change my avatar

Don't know how to do anything

Don't know why you updated forums

Dont like this pink 'awaiting layout'

Don't like no box around edit, makes it untidy

don't like the untidy forum layout

don't like popups coming on while im playing game

don't like popups coming on and killing me while im playing a game

don't like popups in general

don't like not knowing how to disable popups

don't like the blue mention colour text

don't like reading the blue mention colour text

I know how to scream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxI3Lnzzmkw

Also, don;t like I foudn this and cant use it as my cover image

517050__oc_semi-dash-grimdark_zombie_art

Edited by BloodDrops
Don't like it demanding me put a reason for edit in
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Brohoof notifications are showing up as "liked". Is there a way to fix that?

It would be cool if they can replace the heart symbol animation for a horseshoe... 

• Brohoof 1

Found another bug. The words in quotes are being counted towards your post, though you didn't say them... 

EDIT: I also ran into this when I click on the forum FAQ: 

Screenshot_20170327-112208.png

Edited by Hypn0ticD
Adding issue

Not sure if configuration issue or if they made some changes to IP.Blog, but I went in to fix some of the formatting issues in my blogs due to the upgrade, and noticed that editing a blog now surfaces it to the top of the blog side bar (previously this was done only if you drafted and republished). I'm not sure if there is another way of going about a simple edit without making it surface to the top again.

Also this may serve as a FYI to staff, since drafting and republishing this was frowned upon in the past, but now it is the system doing it.  

Yes, posting statistics are all borked until the background process still doing the upgrade is done. It the test environment it took about three days to grind through everything, but that was with the test forums effectively shut off so nobody was adding more data to the system. Not sure how long this will take with the site being live and still in use.

• Brohoof 3

Do calendar event creation permissions exist for members anymore? I can imagine permissions were rejiggled a bit, so hopefully this is something that can come back. 

Also, do you still have the separate Episode calendar still? 

Mhm >.> just realised all old status updates are gone >.> well I dont like that, if I ever wanted to look back in the future, I won't see the oldest ones >.> When I joined the forums, I joined MLP fandom :c

I don't know if this is related to the upgrade, but I haven't gotten e-mail notifications for a few hours. I checked and that setting wasn't somehow switched off and the e-mails weren't going to spam either. I forget exactly when I got my last e-mail from here, but it was sometime between 2 and 3 P.M. EST.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was pinned

Yay we get to see the topics we've posted in again. But most of the threads that are under that are ones I've never posted on. 2 of them that I've checked I can't even access.

5 hours ago, Jeric said:

Also this may serve as a FYI to staff, since drafting and republishing this was frowned upon in the past, but now it is the system doing it.  

I've updated this. Thanks Jeric :)

2 hours ago, Burpy said:

Mhm >.> just realised all old status updates are gone >.> well I dont like that, if I ever wanted to look back in the future, I won't see the oldest ones >.> When I joined the forums, I joined MLP fandom :c

They'll be back in 2 or so days when the system finishes churning through the upgrade.

50 minutes ago, Orange Sparks said:

bug.thumb.png.875b2b76b3c814ff9d240bc5824cccb2.png

thought I'd throw this here.. different name as it refreshes and the bug with the topics on the top..

48 minutes ago, Tangle said:

Yay we get to see the topics we've posted in again. But most of the threads that are under that are ones I've never posted on. 2 of them that I've checked I can't even access.

Yeah, I re-added the old thing we had, but that is all sorts of buggy right now so I've ended up removing it again until it can be sorted out. Apologies. 

• Brohoof 2

@Lavo

Ah no worries. I'm glad it's possible to add it back though! :D

And thank you and the others for working hard to help everyone get use to this update^^

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Lavo said:

OOHHHHHHHHHHH. The night mode backgrounds. Yeah, I did forget those.... Sorry! Will get those back in soon.

These are back in :)

• Brohoof 2

On 3/26/2017 at 6:31 PM, Fhaolan said:

Minimum Character Limits not functioning properly.

Minimum Character Limits is counting symbols and punctuations as characters.

As someone who's learned his lesson about the minimums, I'm getting paranoid about having more warnings due to stuff beyond my control.

3 hours ago, Pripyat Pony said:

How can I turn night mode on? The whiteness is hurting my eyes... x_X

Currently there is no native night mode. The background image changes at night, but text and the text field are static. There are browser extensions and plug-ins that may give you this function for now. YMMV.