Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Flurry Heart a princess?

snowflame

Some of the merchandice and the fandom calls her that but I don't recall the show ever calling her that or there being some official mention by the creators? Or do I misremember? Imo just because someone is a alicorn should make you royalty and I liked that the princesses in Equestria have actually accomplished something rather than born to royalty.

She technically would be a princess simply by lineage, which really makes me wonder why they even bothered to make her born as an Alicorn. She still would have been a princess and she could have obtained alicornhood later on. Just seems like they made an unnecessary jump.

• Brohoof 2

Cadence is a queen, Flurry Heart is a princess.

Yes I know they want to distance themselves from the "evil Disney queen" stereotype as much as possible, but I am just using the English language the way it was meant. Cadence was a Alicorn thereby immediately crowned a "princess" (at least according to the lore of the show it is very easily implied, and even Twilight mentioned her being a "princess" in her flashback in A Canterlot Wedding Act 1). Therefore, when she married Shining Armor, she went from "princess" status, to "queen".

Cadence is the queen of the Crystal Empire and Shining Armor is the king; deal with it Hasbro :P

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

Well her mother is a princess, and her father is a prince, so I assume Flurry Heart was born into royalty.

13 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

She technically would be a princess simply by lineage, which really makes me wonder why they even bothered to make her born as an Alicorn. She still would have been a princess and she could have obtained alicornhood later on. Just seems like they made an unnecessary jump.

10 hours ago, ChocolateCrane said:

Cadence is a queen, Flurry Heart is a princess.

Yes I know they want to distance themselves from the "evil Disney queen" stereotype as much as possible, but I am just using the English language the way it was meant. Cadence was a Alicorn thereby immediately crowned a "princess" (at least according to the lore of the show it is very easily implied, and even Twilight mentioned her being a "princess" in her flashback in A Canterlot Wedding Act 1). Therefore, when she married Shining Armor, she went from "princess" status, to "queen".

Cadence is the queen of the Crystal Empire and Shining Armor is the king; deal with it Hasbro :P

Merely being born to royalty does not make you royalty in all countries (and often even those cases the monarch needs to give you the title, it's not automatic) and I hoped Equestria would not have such system and I was wondering if it has been really confirmed. Cadence is also not a Queen due to Crystal Empire being a part of Equestria with Celestia being the "Queen" and Cadance being a "duke" with her own autonomous region the way a feudal vassal would. Besides not all countries even have a Queen or King but are principalities such a Monaco now and and many others in the past. The world Prince means first citizen so Celestia does not even have to be quite a Queen, the Equestirian regions seem quite autonomous.

I may not have studied monarchy in awhile, but the last time I checked, the offspring of any royalty is either prince or princess.

So yes, Flurry Heart is indeed a princess.

On 30.3.2017 at 11:51 PM, Little Flyer said:

I may not have studied monarchy in awhile, but the last time I checked, the offspring of any royalty is either prince or princess.

So yes, Flurry Heart is indeed a princess.

On 30.3.2017 at 11:54 PM, Foxy Socks said:

Yes, she is the daughter of a Prince and Princess so naturally she would be a Princess. Besides, all Alicorns are princesses.

Like I said in a the answer to the other posters, child of the monarch does not become a prince or a princess in all monarchies, it's not always automatic even in those cases and Cadance is not a monarch but more an duchess of a autonomic region.

And even though the alicorns we have previously had are princesses that does not mean all alicorns are princesses. I don't recall this ever stated anywhere. And if you are recall when Twilight returned first as an alicorn the first reactions form the remane 5 were that "wow Twilight got wings!" "You are an alicorn!" and "wow you look just like a princess" not You ARE a princess. It was when Celestia confirmed she was a princess they reacted and she neened a coronation of her own to make it official.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I'm really not sure about this.... 

Prince Blueblood is proof that you don't have to be an alicorn to be royalty. I'm guessing he was born to royalty, which gave him his title but not wings.

By the way, I don't think Blueblood is Celestia's nephew- that would make him Luna's son, which clearly isn't the case! I think the Celestia's nephew part was Rarity's fantasy.

But if Blueblood can be a prince by being born to royalty, then I think Flurry Heart is a princess and would have been even if she hadn't been born an alicorn. (By the way, I really hope we're going to find out why she was born alicorn!)

So I think Flurry Heart is a princess. 

By the way, Cadence and Shining Armour are not the king and queen of the Crystal Empire- The empire is part of Equestria, so that would mean Celestia (and Luna???) would rule it. Cadence and Shining Armour govern the empire- let's say they're the duke and duchess or something!

• Brohoof 1

Since her announcement on The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, I assumed that she would be a princess being Cadance's and Shining Armour's daughter.

Although, it would be nice if Celestia would give her a challenging task to earn her crown (in due time).

You'd think so based on how royalty works, but unless they refer to her as Princess Flurry Heart in the show I won't call her one.

On 3/28/2017 at 2:23 PM, Kyoshi said:

Mostly for the humour of having a flying, magically powerful infant, I presume. 

Anyway, I don't really understand how Equestrian government hierarchy works anymore, let alone why Cadance and Twilight were elevated to co-rulers. In general, I'm gonna say that Flurry Heart is probably a princess simply because she's the child of a monarch, and if the merchandise says so, it's probably true. 

When you are the daughter of a Prince and Princess, yes, you tend to be a Princess.

That said, I don't think they have called her that in the show yet.

• 1 month later...

I don't think she's a princess and I don't want the show to confirm her to be. Equestria is supposed to be a land of equality and happiness, so suddenly throwing in automatic titles, which are commonly associated with a system of superiority, would feel out of place.

The show has shown that Equestria has a democratic leadership. The only reason they use royal titles is because you can't have characters like "President Celestia" or "Senator Twilight Sparkle". The royal titles are merely for fantasy elements. I know the merchandising and some of the earlier episodes would say otherwise, but for the most part Equestria is a republic.

Now in a recent episode "Once Upon A Zeppelin" one background pony drops the P-word referring to Flurry Heart, but this could easily be a confused pony. No other characters have called Flurry Heart a royal title. So in my opinion she is not a princess. There is little evidence and in the show's moral it doesn't stand right.

And as for Blueblood, he could easily be something along the lines of a leader of a place in Equestria. Not every political figure must be a descendant of Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Ranky64 said:

Now in a recent episode "Once Upon A Zeppelin" one background pony drops the P-word referring to Flurry Heart,

Really? I don't remember that episode or that happening- can you tell me which season it was in?

Edit: Oh, it's the new episode that came out today! I hadn't had a chance to see it yet.

Edited by Midnight Blaze 98

8 hours ago, Ranky64 said:

I don't think she's a princess and I don't want the show to confirm her to be. Equestria is supposed to be a land of equality and happiness, so suddenly throwing in automatic titles, which are commonly associated with a system of superiority, would feel out of place.

The show has shown that Equestria has a democratic leadership. The only reason they use royal titles is because you can't have characters like "President Celestia" or "Senator Twilight Sparkle". The royal titles are merely for fantasy elements. I know the merchandising and some of the earlier episodes would say otherwise, but for the most part Equestria is a republic.

Now in a recent episode "Once Upon A Zeppelin" one background pony drops the P-word referring to Flurry Heart, but this could easily be a confused pony. No other characters have called Flurry Heart a royal title. So in my opinion she is not a princess. There is little evidence and in the show's moral it doesn't stand right.

And as for Blueblood, he could easily be something along the lines of a leader of a place in Equestria. Not every political figure must be a descendant of Celestia.

There is nothing democratic about Equestria, at least on the state level. What they are is meritocracy, those who have proven themselves rule. I think the best historical example of a meritocracy would be Napoleon's empire, but the body of any non-corrupt government is meritocratic even if the heads of state aren't. 

Blueblood has been confirmed to be a distant relative of the princesses. My guess he has no power, but he's of the old unicorn royalty. 

Edited by Ganondox

On 4/4/2017 at 3:07 AM, snowflame said:

Like I said in a the answer to the other posters, child of the monarch does not become a prince or a princess in all monarchies, it's not always automatic even in those cases and Cadance is not a monarch but more an duchess of a autonomic region.

And even though the alicorns we have previously had are princesses that does not mean all alicorns are princesses. I don't recall this ever stated anywhere. And if you are recall when Twilight returned first as an alicorn the first reactions form the remane 5 were that "wow Twilight got wings!" "You are an alicorn!" and "wow you look just like a princess" not You ARE a princess. It was when Celestia confirmed she was a princess they reacted and she neened a coronation of her own to make it official.

I'm not going to say your wrong...

But as a side note.

Can you give a example?

-Also as a side note.

BlueBlood is a Prince. I'm pretty sure that means that literally most of the royal family is made up of Princes/Princesses.

• 4 years later...