Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Videogame you've ever played

Luigi

11 hours ago, Annie said:

I can't really name many bad games off the top of my head since bad games usually don't leave on an impression on me. One that HAS left a negative impression on me, though, is Overwatch. I know people love to say it's not comparable to TF2, and if any of you out there want to try to argue that with me you wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. It feels like a disgusting, watered down TF2 stripped of everything that made TF2 fun in the first place. 

Reveal hidden contents

4UPDCNP.jpg

B0i I wasted 63 hours on that game and couldn't beat EZ bots, the game was simply NOT for me. It almost stopped me from playing Lego Legends since I thought MOBAs overall were just not for me, though I got diamond in league after a year of playing. 

It's mostly the fact that it made me hate MOBAs overall that makes me despise it.

15 hours ago, Annie said:

I can't really name many bad games off the top of my head since bad games usually don't leave on an impression on me. One that HAS left a negative impression on me, though, is Overwatch. I know people love to say it's not comparable to TF2, and if any of you out there want to try to argue that with me you wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. It feels like a disgusting, watered down TF2 stripped of everything that made TF2 fun in the first place. 

Reveal hidden contents

4UPDCNP.jpg

To each their own, but I feel like you're being a tad harsh on the game. It's similar in TF2 in a lot of ways, yes, but it's not a "clone". It's a lot more MOBA like, what with multiple playable characters, each with their own abilities. That in itself makes it different from TF2. And if you say the community left a bad impression, let me point out that TF2's community is just as bad. As for the game, TF2 has past it's prime and is a shell of it's former self. Valve no longer cares about the game and I think sooner or later they should just pull the plug. 

And maybe going F2P was a bad idea.

31 minutes ago, Celli said:

To each their own, but I feel like you're being a tad harsh on the game. It's similar in TF2 in a lot of ways, yes, but it's not a "clone". It's a lot more MOBA like, what with multiple playable characters, each with their own abilities. That in itself makes it different from TF2. And if you say the community left a bad impression, let me point out that TF2's community is just as bad. As for the game, TF2 has past it's prime and is a shell of it's former self. Valve no longer cares about the game and I think sooner or later they should just pull the plug. 

And maybe going F2P was a bad idea.

I know what Overwatch is, and it's just similar enough to TF2 to be in my market, but the appeal is not there at all. There's nothing I get out of Overwatch that I don't already get out of TF2, and more. And way to make baseless assumptions I guess? I haven't said anything that would indicate I hate the Overwatch community. I have no opinion of the Overwatch community, but the worst part of the TF2 community that I consistently witness is that people still think ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is funny.

And I've been saying since 2012 that TF2 was dying and that Valve should just quit while they're ahead and make TF3, but then they started pushing out bugfixes and balance changes and have done plenty to show that they still care about the game. They've fucked up on a lot of recent updates like Tough Break and MYM, and release their updates on Valve time, but TF2 is absolutely not dying and Valve is still clearly putting forth the effort. Player numbers are consistent, and will stay that way as long as the pyro update is good.

4 hours ago, Niko said:

B0i I wasted 63 hours on that game and couldn't beat EZ bots, the game was simply NOT for me. It almost stopped me from playing Lego Legends since I thought MOBAs overall were just not for me, though I got diamond in league after a year of playing. 

It's mostly the fact that it made me hate MOBAs overall that makes me despise it.

boosted :^)

56 minutes ago, Annie said:

I know what Overwatch is, and it's just similar enough to TF2 to be in my market, but the appeal is not there at all. There's nothing I get out of Overwatch that I don't already get out of TF2, and more. And way to make baseless assumptions I guess? I haven't said anything that would indicate I hate the Overwatch community. I have no opinion of the Overwatch community, but the worst part of the TF2 community that I consistently witness is that people still think ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is funny.

And I've been saying since 2012 that TF2 was dying and that Valve should just quit while they're ahead and make TF3, but then they started pushing out bugfixes and balance changes and have done plenty to show that they still care about the game. They've fucked up on a lot of recent updates like Tough Break and MYM, and release their updates on Valve time, but TF2 is absolutely not dying and Valve is still clearly putting forth the effort. Player numbers are consistent, and will stay that way as long as the pyro update is good.

boosted :^)

After 13 permabans and still getting master on one account, diamond on 10 of them and getting permad <30 on the rest, I really wouldn't call myself b00sted : ^ )

Edited by Guest

@Prowl @Steve Piranha

Ok, maybe I have misjudged X6 being slightly functional when that remark should go towards X7. I guess I found X6 less functional to play because of the level design. Still it doesn't matter. Both games are an embarrassment to the franchise.

It got me thinking. Perhaps I treat what I personally consider the worst games are those that had the potential to be good but ultimately failed to live up to the expectations e.g. Sonic 2006 and ET for Atari 2600 instead of games being boring, glitch-infested and tedious in the first place.

1 hour ago, Annie said:

It was a baseless assumption, and I apologise. I only brought it up, because a lot of people find the Overwatch community to be quite toxic, a claim I don't disagree with. 

I get why you don't enjoy Overwatch, like I said, it's more a first person MOBA than a team shooter. And yes I know it's similar to TF2 in a lot of ways, but it's not a direct clone. It's a lot more shallow than TF2, but again, it's supposed to be. 

I do find TF2 superior, that said, I disagree that Valve is putting forth the effort. MyM was broken as you said, however the thing is casual is still barely functional a year after launch. I have a lot of trouble matching with a full server, and when the server switches, there's like 6 people in it. Community servers are nonexistent, and I also get micspammers and people who fuck around and ignore the objective, I even had one match where we were winning and then 6 players decided to go engineer and lay on their rancho relaxos.

The Halloween and Smissmass update were also underwhelming as well.

I'm hopeful for the Pyro update, but I won't be surprised if Valve screws it up somehow.

1 hour ago, ZethaPonderer said:

@Prowl @Steve Piranha

Ok, maybe I have misjudged X6 being slightly functional when that remark should go towards X7. I guess I found X6 less functional to play because of the level design. Still it doesn't matter. Both games are an embarrassment to the franchise.

It got me thinking. Perhaps I treat what I personally consider the worst games are those that had the potential to be good but ultimately failed to live up to the expectations e.g. Sonic 2006 and ET for Atari 2600 instead of games being boring, glitch-infested and tedious in the first place.

Those may not be the worst ever, but sure makes them feel worse than they actually are. Like Lords of Shadow 2, as it had huge shoes to fill that didn't delivered 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

@Prowl @Steve Piranha

*coughAssassin'sCreedUnitycough*

• Brohoof 1

Mario's Time Machine (never knew what to do, where to go, etc.), TNA iMPACT! (too limited in terms of features and roster), and WWE Legends Of WrestleMania (too convoluted and restrictive in terms of gameplay).

Oh yeah, since I'm on a roll almost completing X6, I might as well throw in another one of my worst games I've ever played.

What you're about to see is truly terrifying, unspeakably horrific, and intellectually insulting game ever made. It's called... Barney's Hide n Seek. Released on the Sega Genesis,

Barney-s_Hide_and_Seek_Game_-_1993_-_Seg

I played this as a 5 year old kid and even back then I knew deep down, that this game is horrible. The first instinct I want to do when playing this game is to die, but no... this game doesn't have game overs. You can't die. Period. Also, you can't fail on your objectives on finding the kids (that doesn't sound right) and toys scattered across the game.

What good is a game if you can't even lose? That is what I call... $&?!

Edited by ZethaPonderer

10 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Oh yeah, since I'm on a roll almost completing X6, I might as well throw in another one of my worst games I've ever played.

What you're about to see is truly terrifying, unspeakably horrific, and intellectually insulting game ever made. It's called... Barney's Hide n Seek. Released on the Sega Genesis,

I played this as a 5 year old kid and even back then I knew deep down, that this game is horrible. The first instinct I want to do when playing this game is to die, but no... this game doesn't have game overs. You can't die. Period. Also, you can't fail on your objectives on finding the kids (that doesn't sound right) and toys scattered across the game.

Games like these were always kind of an enigma to me. You make a game based off of a show for toddlers, so your target audience is basically toddlers. Are they even old enough to comprehend what a video game is, let alone pick up a controller to play one? I mean, unless your parents play it for you, which would kinda defeat the purpose. Like, by the time you are old enough to understand a video game, chances are you outgrew shows like Barney or Dora.

• Brohoof 2

I love racing games, I played the very popular ones from Burnout Revenge and Driver to super obscure titles like Wild Wheels or Off-Road Redneck Racing, even Hotwheels and Choro-Q when I was small. Bottom line, I played a lot lol...

However I cannot, for the life of me, tolerate playing Gran Turismo 4 or Test Drive Unlimited without getting bored to death. I had to really think when it came to a game I didn't like because there aren't any! Albeit when I thought hard enough, I remembered just how dull these two were to me, how slow and repetitive the gameplay seemed and how empty I usually feel when I unlock an unimpressive car after hours of playing.

Not sure why TD:Unlimited and GT4 are repulsive to me, maybe they are more serious games meant for real car enthusiasts, because I was never excited to unlock some ugly tuner or the Blastolene Special. The two do vastly contrast in style than the previous racing games I enjoyed, that I also mentioned. That's my best guess.

10 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Perhaps fittingly, DashieXP would go on to recast that in-game Barney sprite as a drug-dealer, serial killer, etc.:

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Windseeker said:

However I cannot, for the life of me, tolerate playing Gran Turismo 4 or Test Drive Unlimited without getting bored to death. I had to really think when it came to a game I didn't like because there aren't any! Albeit when I thought hard enough, I remembered just how dull these two were to me, how slow and repetitive the gameplay seemed and how empty I usually feel when I unlock an unimpressive car after hours of playing.

I can understand that though. Even though I enjoy Test Drive Unlimited a lot, the first one a little more than the second one, the driving physics feel like you are driving a lazy couch on ice. I just seriously enjoy the fact that it gives you the entire Ohau and Ibiza to basically drive and mess around in. 

The worst game that comes to mind right now for me would be WRC5 for the PS3. The framerate was horrible, bad enough that some stages felt like a slideshow presentation, it was badly optimised. Apparently it is much better on other consoles and pc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ride To Hell Retribution, Tiny Toons Adventures - Plucky's Big Adventure, or any of the Data Design shovel-ware Wii Games like Anubis II /Ninjabread Man. NinjaBreadman took me 66 minutes to complete, I timed it!  Anubis was so broken I couldn't finish it.

Plucky's Big Adventure is literally a nothing game. No effort, voice acting or cohesion of any thought was put into it. It is so lifeless and bland you'll get nothing out of it, not even to rip on it.

Ride to Hell is actually my favorite bad video game of all time, it is so hilariously awful in just about every way possible. Its probably the best game I mentioned on this list sadly enough, as it at least "tried" to play like a video game compared to the others I mentioned. 

Dark image.jpeg.b5dae5dca2e0a3282601535472ff4baa.jpegVoid on Xboximage.jpeg.9f278aee45bf0e9f3096f75efa1f488d.jpeg 360 was probably the moimage.jpeg.1a7e6d527b5e942561ab5fc23fdcbf98.jpegst boring game I've ever played in my life.image.jpeg.e10a8e49c637b6a20da836ac089c93c8.jpegimage.jpeg.6e2eae4fedeff9386ab269e71f9ecebd.jpeg

Edited by ultrairongorilla

The actual worst games I've ever played were probably from my childhood, back when I was so young that I just played whatever my family had. When I was super young I remember playing a game on the NES called Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout. I know it's bad, but I have not been able to play the game since back then (waayyy back in the early 90s) and I'd love to get to play it again just for that early childhood nostalgia.

Another game is the SNES The Lion King, which I'm sure more people are familiar with around here. I was a few years older when playing that game than I was the Bugs Bunny game, but I struggled just as much with it. It was so frustrating. Not sure I ever made it past the elephant graveyard level. lol

• Brohoof 1

So apparently I typed here ages ago, yet I never posted. I'll post what I typed, but my opinion of the first and fourth game have changed, I wouldn't consider them bad but I can't see myself going back to them.

I'm very optimistic about games, and give them a 2nd chance after uninstalling them. Excluding fighting games, and sports games here are some of the worst IN MY OPINION!
  • Darksouls: Game is challenging, but that wasn't the problem. The thing that annoyed me is how stupid its multiplayer mechanic is. Either its single player, or multiplayer... don't use some cryptic bullshit that confused me, and could never get it to work.
  • Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes: Imagine a card game mixed with Tetris... sounds confusing?... that's the game in a nutshell.
  • Family Guy Video Game: Didn't realize how much it sucked until I got much older. Its something you'd have to see for yourself, cause on paper it sounds like a decent game.
  • Runescape: This is what happens when you take an MMORPG, The Sims, and the medieval age and put them in a blender. Its not that bad of a game, but I don't think I'll ever play it again.

My opinion still stands for the second game I chose, and for the same reason. I actually came in here for that very reason, but now looks like I have to talk about a different game. I'd probably go with Elder Scrolls Online, me and my friends were looking forward to this game so when the time came we all bought it and we played it for a few day. Slowly but surely we realized the game's biggest problem... it was more generic MMO than Elder Scroll. After we came to that realization we all uninstalled and said we're better off waiting for the Skyrim multiplayer mod, which I hear is coming out soon after waiting for so long.

• 1 month later...

Okami, cuz apart from the awesome art style it's just unending fetch quests or "kill recycled enemy A or B" over and over. Think I hit 20 hours before uninstalling.

Note I played on PC, never owned a console sooo yeah, maybe missing the nostalgia train here or something :lol: