How do you feel being the new guy?

Invincible

After recently earning my bachelor's, I found my way into a nice entry-level position in a firm that i like, and am going to start working quid pro quo, none of the low-wage student position i had to do till now. Real work.

As much as i'm happy with my accomplishments, i really did enjoy a good laugh or a nice group of colleagues to chat with as i work. I guess i'm a little nervous moving away to work with a team, which i know no one of.

How about you? How do you feel being the new guy / girl?

I'm usually ok with it. Just need a time to watch new people to understand what model of behavior is better to become a part of a team the best way.

Most people are nervous cuz think that colleagues are expecting a lot from them. Just know that everyone understands that you need to learn about new work place and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Trixie wishes you good luck on new job!

• Brohoof 1

Its extremely difficult, the psychological over thoughts, the anxiety, I think its harder than most of anything im asked to do at the job, or at the place im trying to blend in at. One, I dont, two, trying makes it even more obvious that I dont... Im much more comfortable around 1-4 people, even then I am trying to be mute, unless its someone I have known for an extensive amount of time, or if I am trying to earn the persons trust... it helps when I am intoxicated lol, but this isnt something that helps the situation partaking in an activity, a job, or a class.... i have tried anxiety medicine but it doesnt really do anything for me.. anyways congratulations getting a new job...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well for one, a bit cautious since I want to make sure the "older" workers will  not  try to take advantage of me just because  I'm new. Then as I got comfortable i would start putting myself with  the others and go from there.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

I Hate being the new girl. It literally used to make me sick to my stomach. I hate being the scratching post for the higher-up who just like to flex their power trips. Normally I like to blend in and not attract too much attention unless it's by excellence at what I do, I hate to fail at anything when I'm learning a new job and screwing up is an unfortunate inevitability when starting out. After I've settled in and can work with confidence, I'm fine. But until then, no thanks. :dry:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

As one of the shyest, most socially awkward people I know, I must say it's miserable being the new... person. It's not only stressful, it's panic-inducing to be expected to know all the ropes before you've even gotten the chance to learn them.

Edited by Angel_Dust

I find it to be awkward when I start a new job. I’m still learning everyone’s names, what kind of people my fellow employees are, etc. I am always super quiet at first but I do eventually open up and start being more social.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel nervous and bloody scared to be the new guy.

It's really can make your anxiety play up.

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi