Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Multiplayer Gaming Memories

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Multiplayer gaming is something that quite a few of us grew up with. Playing games with a friend or friends, whether it be local or online, it can be a thing that creates wonderful memories. Times that we look back on and cherish.

With this thread, I want us to delve into those memories. Looking back on our favorite multiplayer gaming memories. This can be local, online, lan connection, whatever. Any kind of multiplayer experience that you remember fondly is what matters. :)

Starting from early days, I remember playing games like Mario Kart 64 with friends, those were wonderful times. In fact, for a long while, a friend of mine and me, we still played Mario Kart 64. We haven't had a chance lately but hopefully that will change.

Mario_Kart_64box.png

Then there's playing Dynasty Warriors games with another friend of mine. We loved playing those. We always got really into it, being strategic in games where strategy wasn't really needed. We just had a lot of fun with it all. I remember we put a massive amount of time into Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. That same friend and I played the ever living hell out of Minecraft, creating our own kingdom in Survival Mode. I have had a couple of friends where we used to do that a lot.

PN314.jpg

Thinking of it all makes me miss those days, but perhaps one day they can return to us.

What about all of you?

• Brohoof 1

Details are blurry but I have good memories from several multiplayer games, mostly with my neighbors. There was games like Liero, GTA San Andreas, One of the Turok games(don't remember which), Little Big Planet 1-2, CoD Zombies (WoW and Black Ops 1-2), CoD MW 3 Survivals (if that was what they were called), several flash games, Sims 2, Jazz Jackrabbit, and some more I don't remember.

• Brohoof 2

I remember playing Super Smash Bros with my Sister as well as various Worms Games, in those Games, we always thought about Storys surrounding our Characters and in Worms we even tried to build Buildings with the Plattforms, instead of playing the game correctly and killing each other. It was fun.

I also played Obscure 1 and 2 and Resident Evil 5 with my sister, as well as Super Mario Bros Games.

The most recent gaming Memories are Mario Kart for the Wii, which i played online with friends ( even though i did lose all the time ) and Monopoly and Risk, which i played with my father and sister. My father didnt liked most games, so i was happy, that a few board games were released for Consoles, we also played the board Games, but playing the video game and have some nice visuals and music to it, was also great. We also played one Buzz Game, but my father didnt liked it, so he sold it, without telling us.

• Brohoof 1

Sonic games. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and multiple games in Sonic Mega Collection. I played them with mostly my little brother. Sometimes Sonic Heroes with my mom. When I played with my brother I usually won and that usually pissed him off. He ended up throwing the gamecube controller down. 

• Brohoof 2

I remember my old WoW days with my school friends. One of us was level 60 and helped the others get awesome gear or help us with misc stuff. I remember we had our base behind the Zul Gurub portal; every time we wanted to enter, I would have to dual and fear everyone into the instance while the mages would try to polymorph people behind it. We had a lot of fun exploring that place, though it was a bit glitchy and certain parts beyond the portal were untextured.

I remember we had a lot of fun in those days, running random dungeons and causing some funny glitches because of our terrible internet performance. My software development skills are probably way better than when I made that invisionfree board and terrible website for our guild though.

• Brohoof 1

Back when GameSpy was a thing, I played a LOT of FPS multiplayer online, mostly the Medal of Honor Allied Assault series. Though there were other games I played, including Halo, Battlefield 1942, and the original Call of Duty, MoH was always the one I came back to. To be honest, I still kinda miss it, and the people I used to play with (who moved on to the Battlefield series). 

• Brohoof 1

Actually most of my multiplayer memories are from the last few years. I used to never like playing multiplayer 99% of the time. A bit of Smash Bros here and there or something but ultimately I stuck to single player games.

But I digress.

A couple hilarious moments though (the best kind, of course)

1. Gears of War Me and my friend were going through this part where you have to push a car forward to use it as cover as you make your way across an intersection. When we were done we went through a building with a hole in the wall and looked back at the car...and found out it was glitching out. It was twisting and turning to all different sides and then slowly floated upward to the sky. My friend's response: "It's going home to its people."

2. Earth Defense Force 2025 When I first played this game I was playing as an Air Raider. The Air Raider's main weapon is sticky grenades. The underground levels are so small that this can become a hazard for your partner. Especially if you get trigger happy and explode things as soon as they stick to something by reflex....even if that something is your partner. Friendly fire indeed.

Also in EDF 2025 I played as a Heavy for awhile, which means loooooong anti-tank sniper rifles. Unfortunately I can sometimes get serious tunnel vision when aiming so when my partner is running around as a Ranger trying not to die I sometimes nail him right in the head. Even with friendly fire damage being heavily reduced I could kill one-shot him. Hilarious and frustrating at the same time.

3. Destiny This one is embarrassing but funny in retrospect. When we were doing a strike that required three people with only two people (no one was doing it at the time) there was a part where we had to defend a fallen satellite while it prepared for transfer to my ship. What I didn't know was that I had to stay within a certain radius to keep the preparations going. I thought we just had to outlast the timer. NOPE APPARENTLY THE TIMER WAS FOR DETONATION OF THE OBJECT WHICH MEANS INSTANT FAILURE. We retried so many times and my friend kept trying to explain to me what to do and I just wasn't getting it. It was one of my derpiest moments in all of gaming.

• Brohoof 1

I liked the Mario Party games, and played 1 thru 9 (I think). I also liked LOTR War in the North (despite its many glitches). As far as extensive hack and slay games go, that was one of my favorites. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

I remember playing Battlefront 2 years ago and being member of one of polish biggest guilds. I was pretty much their "ace pilot" that stomped all the opposition we faced to the ground, because I was way too much into flying XD Funny thing is I was pretty bad in ground combat though - I did a decent job, but there were people far better for it. Still, we participated in little polish competition and in terms of space battle I gave us a nice victory :3 

Also I was playing WoW for some time, but years ago I was super dumb about MMO mechanics so... I was mostly just walking around, doing quests XD I was dreadful at that game. Of course now I do much better job with MMOs, but now I also lack motivation to play them. Oh, well... 

I also enjoy coop games. Magicka is probably best example. It is, what I call "dumb fun", we just did ridiculous stuff and often brought death upon us by accident, but amount of laughter while playing was priceless XD 

• Brohoof 1

I probably have a couple or few memories on multiplayer gaming

Final Fantasy XI - Helping out my friends and linkshell members with their quests and needs. Farming In Dynamis, Soloing Limbus, SE Apollyon, Doing Campaign Battles, Soloing Certain Notorious Monsters as Summoner, and Hanging around in Jeuno. Soloing SE apollyon was one of the best memories I have. The most funniest memories I ever had was in dynamis sandoria after we fought the boss of the area, me and my previous dynamis linkshell wiped out to the orcs. The Other Best memories I have in this game was making empyrean staff, hvergelmir and empyrean great katana, Masamune.

Maple Story - Well Probably soloing the hoblin king when my whole pty disconnected on me before the Party Quest changes. The Most funnies memory in this game was being the last man standing.

Super Smash Bros. - It's mostly against my friend on SSB4. We've been going ups and downs in our matches, but mostly, it's being serious. Usually me and my cousin play subspace emissary on Super Smash Bros. Brawl to re-work what I lost. Usually it's just me and my friend playing against AIs though, but we normally make these matches more fun.

• Brohoof 1

I have couple of multiplayer memories was:

GoldenEye 007 -  Me and my other 2 brothers use to play it at my uncle's house when we were kids.

007: Agent Under Fire - Me, my brothers, and a friend use to play rockets and try shoot each other in mid air using jetpacks.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - We use to play this game all the time.

Red Faction 2 - I use to be a shooting target on that game and my brothers kept shooting a me. XD

Mario Party 7 - This is the most memorable multiplayer game for me. Me, my 2 brothers, my sister, and my mother use to play this game a lot.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Cl0udChaser said:

I have couple of multiplayer memories was:

007: Agent Under Fire - Me, my brothers, and a friend use to play rockets and try shoot each other in mid air using jetpacks.

Me and my brother would always turn on infinite golden guns and grapple hooks only and just nuke each other for about thirty rounds. It was amazing.

• Brohoof 2

On 4/24/2017 at 1:38 PM, Cl0udChaser said:

Super Smash Bros. Melee - We use to play this game all the time.

I remember playing this game a lot with a cousin of mine. Those were truly better days for him. I also was absolutely dreadful at the game back then. XD

Another memory I have that I will always cherish is playing the zombies mode in Call of Duty World at War. You know, before they ran the whole zombies thing into the ground with the other games. It was so fun back then and we played it so much. It didn't have any kind of progression system or unlockables, yet we still played it more than any zombies mode of the new games. That was also when the Call of Duty series still had some quality to it. Good times.

I put countless hours into COD: Black Ops 2 back in middle school. I'd play splitscreen multiplayer with my two best friends at the time, and we'd play for hours. We usually played two on one, since one of my friends was a lot better than us. I admit with no shame that I screencheated all the time.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Warrock. What a game, especially in it's prime. It was like a more arcade version of battlefield 2, and it was a total blast. You could choose intense CQC battles or full out vehicle warfare.

Though I also have a lot of fond memories of Battlefield 3. I had enough friends to form a full squad, and we all had amazing times.