Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Sunset be In the My Little Pony The Movie?

Christhegreat141

A quick cameo just to rile up an even bigger shitstorm from EQG haters

Seriously though I'm fine with a harmless cameo

• Brohoof 3

Seeing as the movie is going to be Mane Six-centric, and, going by the trailers, we already have Starlight and Trixie making at least cameos, I don't really see a reason why she should. Sorry, I mean I like Sunset as a character (although I'm starting to like Starlight a bit more, thanks to the show writers. ;) ), but she's mostly been relegated to appear solely in the EqG world. It would be rather jarring for her to appear in the actual feature film when she hasn't even appeared in the series proper.

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn't really make much sense for her to return to Equestria especially since Twilight seems to be away from her castle during the whole movie so no way to contact and let her know. Still she does look good in Toon Boom.

Sunset Shimmer by LimeDazzle

mlp_movie___sunset_shimmer_by_limedazzle-dbf21jl_2.png

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see her have a quick cameo in the background either visiting Equestria as a pony during some kind of celebration, or her pony form being on a picture that would be in Twilight's castle or something along those lines.

A quick harmless little cameo from her like that would be great. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I hope she will be in it, maybe with Starlight and Trixie and maybe with two lines over why she is back. :nom:

On 10-7-2017 at 7:30 AM, KH7672 said:

It wouldn't really make much sense for her to return to Equestria especially since Twilight seems to be away from her castle during the whole movie so no way to contact and let her know. Still she does look good in Toon Boom.

Maybe the event in the beginning is so big that she comes back. Hopefully she stays in Equestria for a longer time! S8?

Edited by Hierok

It'd be nice to see her have a quick cameo, but I think it's likely they'll keep her out of the movie, if only because the Equestria Girls had two movies in the theaters and they should let the Mane Six actually have some time in the spotlight. Although it's always possible she might be around in celebration sequence, but I'm not so sure about that. Since they cut the plot about her wanting to return to Equestria from Friendship Games, it seems like they don't really want her running around Equestria very much. Probably because they want to keep EQG and FIM separate.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Frankly, it would take far too long to explain exactly why she's there. There's no real point to just having a simple cameo, I'd rather they fill the running time with content rather than fanservice.

I am hopeful for her to get more interaction with the main universe in the future though.

Edited by Philweasel
  • Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Philweasel said:

Frankly, it would take far too long to explain exactly why she's there. There's no real point to just having a simple cameo, I'd rather they fill the running time with content rather than fanservice.

I am hopeful for her to get more interaction with the main universe in the future though.

Don't we all? :orly:

(700)

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it. I think for the same reason for why she's still an unicorn in Mirror Magic: because it'll distract it too much from the plot. Seriously, you can't put Sunny in the pony movie and expect people to ask why she's here in the first place 

• Brohoof 1

Nah. most definitely not.

Sunset's an okay character, but she's an EQG character-- she belongs in that world now, not the pony world, and she doesn't need to be in the MLP movie since it'd muck things up. We already got people asking about why starlight doesn't do anything in the movie (though half the time I see that asked at other forums its trolling meant to incite people), we don't need people asking why sunset's not helping or doing anything.

6 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

We already got people asking about why starlight doesn't do anything in the movie (though half the time I see that asked at other forums its trolling meant to incite people), we don't need people asking why sunset's not helping or doing anything.

Really?! I mean like you said if it's just trolling, but seriously? I believe the whole point of Starlight being sidelined away from the Mane 6 and more with the secondary characters all throughout Season 6 and 7 was so they didn't have to write her into the movie. I mean sure if she had the main character status of Sunset in EQG it'd be different but she doesn't and I think it's a conscious decision.

A cameo would be pretty neat but knowing this fandom, I think it would raise some questions.  I know the Movie would already have some references to FiM and to furthermore reference EQG also would create some time and universe issues between all three of them. Sunset wasn't even introduced in the show prior so her appearance in the Movie would be unlikely. 

(edited)
9 hours ago, KH7672 said:

Really?! I mean like you said if it's just trolling, but seriously?

90% of the time that I see the question of "Why isn't starlight helping fight stormking?" On other boards, its to needle starlight haters and start a fight, not actually meant as a question.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

I wouldn't mind her having a small cameo appearance as a means of acknowledging her existence. I know she won't make a full-blown appearance given how difficult it would be not to mention cause some friction amongst the fandom so something small and harmless would be enough for me.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I love the skewed logic. If Twilight can cameo in the EQG movies, then Sunset can cameo in the pony movie

The problem is you're talking about Twilight cameoing in a franchise she was already established in with two prior movies. Also there was a reason for her cameo because she was called there, just a little late. Maybe...and that's a strong maybe.....a post credits scene but other than possibly a picture in the castle, there is no reason for her to appear there like Twilight was.

(edited)

I really, really wish she had a role in the movie... but sadly that isn't happening. Like everyone else, though, I do hope she at least gets a cameo. That would be enough to make me happy. :)

As @Philweasel said, I do hope she gets more interaction with the main universe eventually. I desperately want to see her reunion with Celestia.

Edited by Chrylestia600

(edited)

You do have to cut the main cast to a somewhat manageable size. It would be great to see Sunset, Starlight and Flurry Heart (best princess) running around showing off all their fancy toonbloomed stuff, but the characters that matter to the plot have to take precedence.

Franky, due to what I call the Celestia effect, being there, being powerful, and being unimportant to the plot means you're likely going to get beaten up and thrown into Tartarus/The Moon/A Cocoon (delete as appropriate). So since Sunset and Discord have the excuse of normally hanging out in another dimension, I suggest they stay there and avoid that fate.

I'm already primed for Glimmy getting a baseball bat to the back of the head before the first act is out (though of course, she does owe Twilight one).

Edited by Philweasel
  • Brohoof 1

I could see her as a brief cameo for the end credits...

Just imagine you sitting in the movie theatres as the end credits start rolling and you see an animation of Toon boom human Sunset shimmer writing in her little book. 

The viewers would go crazy. 

I feel if they just made her a brief cameo in the actual movie (Not the end credits)  without explaining why she was there. It'd gain hate from both sides. As it feels more like pandering rather than fan service.