Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

Just now, Prospekt said:

Fire Force. So far I'm really liking this...

It's a very good show. I love how Atsushi Ōkubo comes up with such unique worldspaces to set his stories in.

Doesn't hurt that the animation and sound design are beautiful as well XP

• Brohoof 1

On 8/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Barnstormer said:

Fire Force 8. Done by the same peeps who did Soul Eater back in the day. Similar art style, but the animation is smoother, visuals are crisper, and the overall vibe/storyline is less childish in it's humor and direction. And the sound design is wonderful. Plus, who doesn't love a show focused on pyrokinetics fighting fire demons?

On 8/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Prospekt said:

Fire Force. So far I'm really liking this...

I want to give it a try but then I found out it’s the same creator as Soul Eater and I’m not a fan of that anime. Because it’s annoying. But is the fire force better?

2 hours ago, TBD said:

I want to give it a try but then I found out it’s the same creator as Soul Eater and I’m not a fan of that anime. Because it’s annoying. But is the fire force better?

Well what about Soul Eater did you find annoying? Kinda hard to answer the question without knowing that first.

1 hour ago, Barnstormer said:

Well what about Soul Eater did you find annoying? Kinda hard to answer the question without knowing that first.

the jokes and the characters itself. Plus the plot isn't that strong at all. the only good thing about this show is death the kid and his sidekicks.

35 minutes ago, TBD said:

the jokes and the characters itself. Plus the plot isn't that strong at all. the only good thing about this show is death the kid and his sidekicks.

I think you'll like Fire Force then. While I don't find it annoying (most of the time, Black Star is an exception), I do recognize SE was more 'juvenile' with its humor. There's still a little bit of that in FF, but nowhere near as much. Overall the series seems directed a more adult audience.

1 hour ago, Barnstormer said:

I think you'll like Fire Force then. While I don't find it annoying (most of the time, Black Star is an exception), I do recognize SE was more 'juvenile' with its humor. There's still a little bit of that in FF, but nowhere near as much. Overall the series seems directed a more adult audience.

Cool that’s what I’m looking for. I will definitely try it out then and come back. 

Edited by TBD

I finally got around to watching JoJo's (starting from part one ofc), and oh boy, what a bizarre adventure that was! I think parts 2, 3, and 5 were my favourites, but they were all really good IMO. Heck, I might just have to go back and rewatch the whole thing again. :'D

• Brohoof 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, PoisonClaw said:

Slowly getting through That Time I Was Reincarnated as a Slime.

when I first saw the trailer , the first thing comes up is @The_Gobo and wonder if that is actually his documentary.

My BF and I watched the first couple of episodes of Kill la Kill. I like the series' more comedic tone. Though I'd definitely not put this over OPM, Death Note, or Bebop any day. If this series didn't have the comedy element, I'd have stopped well before the first episode ended. But it saves itself by making fun of itself enough that I can tell it doesn't take itself too seriously.

• Brohoof 1

I promised a friend to watch Sword Art Online so we could talk about it... episode 4 and I already want to kick myself for making that promise. It feels like garbage.

Edited by DonMaguz

1 hour ago, DonMaguz said:

I promised a friend to watch Sword Art Online so we could talk about it... episode 4 and I already want to kick myself for making that promise. It feels like garbage.

I think it'd be a whole lot better if it didn't have garbage pacing and character development in the first season. I think it improves quite a bit by the second season though.