Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Opinion on OCxCanon Character?

FemaleIntrovert1995

I've seen a handful handled well, but most of the time, they are just bland wish-fulfillment/self-insert to ship themselves with their waifu/husbando :dry: . That's one of the reasons I wanna some pony Twi with Flashy :D 

• Brohoof 1

You're better off with OCxOC because everyone gets adorably defensive whenever their waifu is in danger of getting ravished by anyone that isn't either themselves or their preferred pairing partner for said canon character

"Twilight should be dating my OC!" - BlackGryph0n

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well, I won't hate people who do Canon x OC shippings. I'm sure there are plenty of people, like me, who wouldn't mind reading or watching such shipping, even if the majority hate the idea!

Personally, for a short while, my two OCs, Unicorn Will Guide and Changeling Will Guide, start crushing on Spike the Dragon and Thorax the Changeling, respectively.

But in the end, the Wills end up with each other. They're literally "soul mates", after all! So don't worry about me. I go from a pair of CanonxOCs to just OCxOC of my own!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Well, I won't hate people who do Canon x OC shippings. I'm sure there are plenty of people, like me, who wouldn't mind reading or watching such shipping, even if the majority hate the idea!

Personally, for a short while, my two OCs, Unicorn Will Guide and Changeling Will Guide, start crushing on Spike the Dragon and Thorax the Changeling, respectively.

But in the end, the Wills end up with each other. They're literally "soul mates", after all! So don't worry about me. I go from a pair of CanonxOCs to just OCxOC of my own!

That's a good idea. But as for me, I don't really care if your oc has a crush on a canon character, it spares me of a headache when I need to have a 40 million page guideline of what my character can and can't do. That's why I've been hesitant to join roleplays, they're mainly so restricted I feel like I have little control over my character.

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Pikachu said:

That's a good idea. But as for me, I don't really care if your oc has a crush on a canon character, it spares me of a headache when I need to have a 40 million page guideline of what my character can and can't do. That's why I've been hesitant to join roleplays, they're mainly so restricted I feel like I have little control over my character.

Hey bro you can join a roleplay with me, the crazier the better!

• Brohoof 1

Giving a new character any important role is always a risky business; just look at Flash Sentry.    Significant roles require exceptional characters.  However, it is entirely possible that a suitable canon character may not be found.  For example I have yet to see a canon character I'd ship with Twilight or Applejack.  There's nothing wrong with creating original love interests  for canon characters, but the bar is set high.

Also it should be noted that there is a difference between inventing a character and inventing a character who you imagine as representing yourself.  Only the best of the best can pull off the latter successfully.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

Hey bro you can join a roleplay with me, the crazier the better!

That's good, but considering college preparation is coming up, I have neither the time, nor the confidence needed to get one to comply with MLPF's minimum post standards.

Too late Foxy already likes Fluttershy and Luna, and since it's not canon, I don't really care about other shippings. I think it's cute, and it makes sense since people want their character part of the world, even if it is as far as Foxy takes it.

i didnt realise it was hated, I assumed everyone did it.... at least once.

Stormy is often paired with Soarin. I just really like how sweet his character is and I think the voice drew me in because it's Kero's voice (from Cardcaptors). I have a love for all nostalgia. 

The ship is more for silly fun and to give Stormy more of a reason to be drawn in Wonderbolt themes.