Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last time you regularly used Internet Explorer?

FirePuppy

20 hours ago, TBD said:

Just last week since I still use it. 

I'd probably advice upgrading, not because it's (that) bad, but beacause most sites don't load on it, since it has not been updated since 2013,
like maybe try the new Edge (supports windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (because 7 8 9)) which is actually what I use as a daily driver

I had to use IE fairly recently on my old laptop because it stopped working with Opera, but I found the new Edge and used that for the last week of me using my old laptop on a daily basis, then moved to my new one

• Brohoof 1

Literally as soon as Firefox came out. So around early 2003. I remember my father showed me this fancy new browser.

• 7 months later...

2 seconds ago! I am going back to IE right now to finish up a Youtube video. I only took a break to talk to you guys!

And IE, though it sucks, is still working, somewhat. At least IE 11

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Probably about two years ago. My friend was using my laptop to do a quick search online, but when he found me using Internet Explorer, he told me I should use Chrome because it is so much better.

• Brohoof 2

I think the waning years of the first decade of the new millennium. Aka around 2008 when I have switched to Mozilla Firefox.

Microsoft's complacency which prevented on one hand to pursuit a centrally driven improvement of the browser, and the lack of independence of Internet Explorer team to pursuit their own development on the other hand costed Microsoft the browser market.

Edited by Xoomy228

• 4 months later...

When was mozilla firefox 2 released?

Literally, I stopped using IE when mozilla firefox 2 came out. The tab thing was what got me hooked on firefox. I'm talking like at least 14 years ago or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

It is struggling on YouTube recently, but otherwise I am using it. Microsoft managed to get IE all embedded into Windows, so much that I feel odd skipping over the icon, to choose some other browser. Good job on Microsoft monopoly strategy!

• 3 weeks later...