31 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like Triple Threat

• Yes! I loved it and consider it one of the best of the season
    • Yeah, I thought it was good
    • It was alright, nothing special
    • It was pretty bad, but not horrible
    • I hated it, terrible episode.

I liked it.

Not one of my favorite episodes of the season, but then again this season has had some really good episodes, but nowhere near my least favorite.

There were some pretty amusing moments of comedy throughout and 

Spoiler

Spike being called by the map

leads to some new interesting story possibilities.

Edited by cmarston1

I thought it was okay, but nothing really that great to me. One of my main issues was with Ember's attitude. It's like the Ember from Gauntlet of Fire hardly existed, then all of a sudden came back at the very end for some reason. Another was the fact that the first half of it after about 3 minutes in was just Spike, Twilight, and Starlight being anxious about Thorax and Ember meeting each other, with a serious lack of substance. Seemed like I could skip that entire bit and still understand what was going on perfectly.

Though to the episode's credit, the conclusion was well written and there were some good moments here and there.

This episode gets a 7.5/10 from me.

Sorry to say I found it rather underwhelming - I just found most of the plot predictable. There were a few genuine chuckles here and there, but I just found myself bored through most of it; there was nothing that stood out; I appreciated the use of Thorax (though I'm not keen on his new design!) and especially Amber, as Gauntlet of Fire is one of my favourite episodes ever, but they used them just to tell quite a cliche story with a very basic friendship lesson; also the plot of characters trying to hide something has been done more times than I dare count! Also, I didn't really see a need for Starlight to be there - I really hope the writers are building something up with her if she's going to be used this often. Just my two cents :) 

Yep! Predictable, but pretty cute and funny in a lot of parts. It might be a bit harder to get through on a second watch, but whenever I was starting to get bored, something entertained me enough to regain my attention. I liked Ember here a lot more than in "Gauntlet of Fire," as well.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I feel like Spike is slowly getting decent episodes. What do you think?

I feel as though Spike hasn't had a bad episode since season 6, I add Triple Threat to the list of great Spike episodes.

3 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

I thought it was a good episode! Pretty great! Not as good as his season 6 episodes to be honest, but still up there! Let's hope this isn't his only episode this season though!

Sadly, it may. Uncommon Bond might be more of an Applejack type than a Spike type, IMO. We'll just see what happens when the October 2017 Highlights from Discovery Family Press get unveiled.

20 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I feel like Spike is slowly getting decent episodes. What do you think?

I always liked Spike episodes. This is just another good one. 

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

Sadly, it may. Uncommon Bond might be more of an Applejack type than a Spike type, IMO. We'll just see what happens when the October 2017 Highlights from Discovery Family Press get unveiled.

I get it, dude. You think AJ is gonna star in Uncommon Bond. I don't mind you talking about it, but you don't need to keep telling me personally that, because you know I don't want that. If it happens,. so be it, I don't need that theory rubbed in my face.

I liked the episode. Some of what I liked

• Spike is an official Ambassador
  • The map acknowledged Spike
  • Twilight and Starlight took Spike's concerns seriously rather than getting paternal with him.
  • Thorax changing into a bear
  • Ember having trouble telling the difference between Twilight and Starlight.
  • Ember eating the castle.

What I didn't like? The fact that Spike didn't actually solve the problem. Thorax and Ember became friends on their own and then came back to express their displeasure at him. I was expecting a little more conflict between the two and Spike actually working to get the two to get along. Instead it was more of a "You screwed up, Spike" story. In spite of this it was a good episode, and Spike wasn't portrayed as a complete tool (he did solve several other friendship problems, which was cool).

What I liked best was that this was a breakout episode for Spike. He is becoming an independent character and not just Twilight's sidekick.

• Brohoof 2

I actually wasn't as fond of Ember here as most were, but I am in a minority. Thorax was easily my favorite part of the entire episode as he had so many great expressions and I just love his voice, I love how he speaks. The thing with Spike not actually solving the friendship problem doesn't bother me. It could have been the map calling on him not to solve a friendship problem, but to learn a friendship lesson instead, which he did. I dooooooooooo find it weird that the map can suddenly call upon non-ponies. It seems the rules that it runs by are constantly changing.

I think this episode deserves a solid B+ overall, it was fun and I enjoyed it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Fame and Misfortune.

• Brohoof 1