Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happens if Disney buys My Little Pony?

Deidre Asada

80 users have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Stop watching
    • Be sad
    • Keep watching

It would all depend on weather Disney would make changes that would make the show into a pool of pony remains of our beloved

Mane 6.

Disney buying Marvel was... Umm... Here look at this picture and you'll get my answer

Posted Image

Wolverine:ALRIGHT Guys! Its time to save the world from evil!!

Mickey: Lets save the world with the magic word! Miska Mooska Mickey Mouse!

Spideman: Kill me.

(A depection of what may come in the future of Marvel Comics!)

(BTW i'm joking. there doing pretty well. At least no Mickey Spiderman!)

Edited by Scootabelle

If Disney bought it then they will own the rights to it duh, what a stupid question... But seriously I don't hink they will "ruin" it.

I don't think there would be any kind of change in the show. I mean, if it ain't broke, why fix it, right? The only thing I would hate is having to start saying "Disney Channel"ugh again.

Plus I go to Disneyland every year so being able to pick up some sweet exclusive MLP stuff there wouldn't be bad at all.

All things considered though, I'd like things to stay how they are.

Disney should not touch this show. Although I doubt Lauren Faust would ever let anyone pick up their show because of how successful FiM has become without a company like Disney. Besides, they got Hasbro to back them up.

I don't think they'd do a thing to the show. They're already doing a new Craig McCracken/Lauren Faust show on their channel, so I'm sure they'd be fans of Faust's style.

If anything, we'd see a massive amount of new merchandise, which I wouldn't mind.

And I'm sure Disney wouldn't try to mess with us bronies, if anything they'd use MLP as a model for all their other programs and films.

They've been trying for years to get guys to watch their "girly" princess movies like "Tangled" but have failed miserably at tapping that market. Though Tangled was pretty awesome.

If Disney bought MLP that'd probably mean that they bought Hasbro or at least made a huge deal with them. I'd be more curious about what they'd do with Monopoly and Transformers tbh.

Disney should not touch this show. Although I doubt Lauren Faust would ever let anyone pick up their show because of how successful FiM has become without a company like Disney. Besides, they got Hasbro to back them up.

Well Lauren Faust actually doesn't have that much power over the show. She has even less with Season 3 than she did with Season 2 and she didn't really have that much to begin with. The show and its characters belong to Hasbro essentially. Besides she's basically working on new projects nowadays. I think she might still be trying to sell that Galaxy Girls thing(which is what she originally wanted to pitch to Hasbro).

I'm pretty sure Faust doesn't have a problem with Disney though. She went to CalArts which was founded by Disney. There's tons of Disney references in FIM. And she's working on a show for Disney Channel right now.

Regardless of all that, the rights belong to Hasbro and most likely always will. They could give the license to Disney or sell FIM to Disney, but I don't think Disney would really do that much harm.

Hasbro probably wouldn't mind giving their show to another channel. FIM and TF: Prime are designed to help sell Hasbro's toys but also to promote their channel, The Hub. But if the Hub failed(which I hope it doesn't), then the next best thing would be to have your show played on one of the most widely watched family tv networks.

• Brohoof 2

As a die hard Disney fanatic, I feel that I would accept it if they purchased MLP. We would probably even see the release of MLP games and possibly an interesting crossover like they did with Kingdom Hearts. The merchandise would be better, like many other people have already said.

I haven't read all the comments, but in regards to changing the show? I doubt they would. Disney has been a massive corporation for a while now (excluding the Depression era times when they had to make propaganda for money or go out of business) and they're not stupid. I mean, look at all the FANTASTIC Marvel movies we've seen lately! And there are many more to come!

They would see the show, analyze its popularity, research for marketing and animation purposes and they might even bring Derpy back because Disney ADVOCATES equality.

I love how the show is, but I don't think Disney would ever ruin it.

Their would be a lot of plus of them buying it. The show would could be put on two networks. Their would be more toys in stores and plushes would look better. The bad thing is if they try and change it like they did with Spider-man.

Did they show My Little Pony back in the 1990's or anything like that? They didn't ruin it. For G4, they might promote the show better on Disney Junior internationally.

They didn't remove Marvel's action format when they brought it

Edited by Persy

Disney already owns a toy company (Mattel) so I don't see them buying out Hasbro, and I think that would be the only way to get MLP from Hasbro. However that doesn't mean licensing can't go on, as I think Hasbro has the rights to make Marvel toy until 2017, after that it will likely go to Mattel. Also Mr. potato head was in the Toy Story movies and that is a Playskool toy owned by Hasbro, so perhaps MLP:FiM could be licensed out to Disney for movies.

Haha, eep... I didn't even read any of the comments, but my initial reaction would be that it would suck. Disney tends to "whore" pardon the term, all of they're stuff. I honestly think that they would run the fandom into the ground. One of the reasons the brony community has been able to grow so much I think, is that Hasbro has allowed it to develop on its own without trying to force it along or conform it. Which would certainly be the goal of Disney.

On a side note, I don't think Disney would've been that kind to bronies, if they had been the ones to create the show from the start. The moment they'd have found out about clopping side of the fandom, fan interp of characters, or plushie making it'd been shut down as best they could lol. (Also since it's coming off like I'm not, I am actually a big fan of disney films and cartoons. I just hate they're marketing techniques)

• Brohoof 1

Disney has usually been well-respecting of the fanbases of their cartoons. Phineas and Ferb's creators are well aware of the show's periphery fanbase, and interact with them via Twitter, for example. Going back further, Steve Loter and Jess Winfield, the executive producers of Kim Possible and Lilo & Stitch, respectively, actively participated in the TVTome forums for each show.

(Goodness, does anyone remember TVTome? I feel old now.)

Well i'm not going to lie, Disney tends to take a good concept (or in this case a great concept) and over use it and wear it down fast!

other than phineas and ferb, i haven't seen a good cartoon come through in a while, like they used to have

BTW if that happens...

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Thetoyswouldbebetter. :blink:

Just kidding, it depends on what they'd do with it. If they got Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls writers to write for it, I'd assume that they would be keep the show, it just would appeal less to kids and aim directly at the bronies and include a lot of more "mature" humor. I'm not sure about that. If it's handed over to the Phineas and Ferb people then there would be a song in every episode and a lot of subplots. Not sure about that either... :blush:

On the other end of the spectrum, if they game it to Disney Junior (formally Playhouse Disney,) which is more likely, then we would be screwed. The animation would switch to awful CGI and the ponies would talk to the audience like Dora the Explorer, or like Pinkie already does.

In other words, please keep the show Hub.

Edited by Rarietty

Eh, i think it would be just fine with me if Disney bought MLP, but i hope that they will still listen to the fandom and at least keep it the way we all like it. btw thats just my opinion :P

Edited by The Emperpony

I agree with Emper. I would watch it as well but only if they keep it the way it is. It would be pretty cool, though with all the merch. That could be a plus. Im not gunna go crazy over it but still, I think that if they buy it they need to keep it the way it is.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

@@Deidre Asada, I have edited your poll by removing an option which I felt was rather drastic for this hypothetical situation (concerning suicide). Please keep in mind the suitability of your thread's content as it might lead to posts of a negative manner, (which are incompatible with the forum's standards). Many thanks :)