Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something that Needs to be Adressed if you're seeing the movie

Moved to Elsewhere

3 hours ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

Yeah. Because of religion and communism, they mustn't watch the mlp movie. Rarely read such bullshit. 

Korea will get the movie later, because they just released eq girls movie last june. China will have the movie like any other on 6.october.

ps: And most of you guys didn't know. that one of the songs from the official soundtrack comes from CL a korean pop star. (before part of the band 2NE1)

-Cl - no Better feelin

Yeahhhhhhhh I pointed that out when people said that South Korea has banned the film. I can't find a second source so I'm treating it as a journalist would, possibly inaccurate. 

Pony is on Netflix in South Korea so it's silly to assume it's banned without carefully looking into the story. 

• Brohoof 1

On 9/24/2017 at 5:47 PM, meme said:

While I agree with the rest of your post, this isn't really true. Someone could have a shitty DSL connection and can't afford to pay for the ticket/DVD. Also, it's not available in every country.

I'm not saying I really support piracy, but sometimes you have no choice if you want something.

Piracy is bad, but I understand where that comes from. Well, most of us do, as it's common for our community (including me), to watch each new episode on the internet because of how restrictive Discovery Family is :dash: . Still, many don't have that excuse in this case, specially in America, as they can't use the "I don't like the dub" card either :dry: 

• Brohoof 1

Every time reactor uploads a reaction video this technically a piracy, if you aren't watching it from anywhere but from the official source you are a dirty pirate. Everytime you are going to watch an anime from gogoanime or something, which is god help you, doesn't come from Crunchyroll or Funnimation or something, you are a dirty pirate. Hulu did have a freemium service but not anymore, it's called yahoo view now.

Where was i? Oh right, nobody is going to watch camcorder streams unless they are desperate enough to watch it. I guarantee you they are going to be a very bad quality. It's a lot easier to just wait for a dvd release, so then the higher quality is going to be uploaded on a shady websites. It's a lot easier for a TV show to get pirated because it might happen on the same or the next day.

I do find it actually funny when YouTube will block the Reactor video for copyright but will totally won't care if that reaction video ended up in Drive, the extra space on Drive is premium, that means that Google is making a profit from the naughty copyrighted reaction video.

Edited by Rabit2017

On September 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Mirage77 said:

Yeah, that is a real let down. Nothing is going to stop me from going to go see it though!

Actually, there is one thing that can potentially try to stop you -- being an overage fan. Trust me, it's very similar to being a (former) underage South Park fan wanting to see a movie based on that show like those kids in 1999.

On September 25, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Crystal Peppermint said:

Korea will get the movie later, because they just released eq girls movie last june.

ps: And most of you guys didn't know. that one of the songs from the official soundtrack comes from CL a korean pop star. (before part of the band 2NE1)

-Cl - no Better feelin

None of that matters now. The film's literally, currently in the exact same state as all Japanese animated films were in that country until 2000, so they'll have to lift the ban first. I've read about it from here:

http://koreanfilm.org/japanfilm.html

Edited by FirePuppy

3 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Actually, there is one thing that can potentially try to stop you -- being an overage fan. Trust me, it's very similar to being a (former) underage South Park fan wanting to see a movie based on that show like those kids in 1999.

I don't think I like that statement - at all. MLP FiM was made for kids and parents (a family show, how about that) - that is inarguable. The brony fandom is what was unexpected, not adult fans per se. Adults make this stuff - actually, they bust their asses making it. And unlike South Park, which is nothing more than a nihilistic, witless clown act the devalues the meaning of everything except its own pointlessness - FiM actually inspires people and changes lives for the better.

Every time somebody snickers or laughs at me because they find out I'm a fan of the show I just show them a clip on Youtube and their whole attitude changes. So bring on the skeptics - it'll just give me an opportunity to proclaim the deeds of the goddess that is Rarity.

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Actually, there is one thing that can potentially try to stop you -- being an overage fan.

By law, theaters aren't allowed to kick you out just for being older than the so-called "targeted demographic." They can kick people out for being too loud, smoking, obscene language or behavior, recording, but they can't kick you out for being "too old."

• Brohoof 3

On September 25, 2017 at 0:05 PM, Jeric said:

Pony is on Netflix in South Korea so it's silly to assume it's banned without carefully looking into the story. 

Sadly, that won't save the film from remaining banned there. Remember, children's Japanese anime television series did exist there a few decades ago, but movies directly based on those shows weren't so lucky.

Edited by FirePuppy

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

That's not similar at all. The reason those kids were kicked out is because you have to be at least 17 to be admitted to an R rated movie without an adult. I doubt the theaters will care if an adult wants to see a kids movie.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Sadly, that won't save the film from remaining banned there. Remember, children's Japanese anime television series did exist there a few decades ago, but movies directly based on those shows weren't so lucky.

I'm talking about now, not a few decades ago. South Korea is every bit as dynamic as most nations. 

Also I'm still having a hard time finding two sources indicating the Pony film is banned, which was my other major point elsewhere. American animation is not banned there. Frozen is their number 2 film if I recall correctly. 

Show me a source from news organization stating that MLP the movie is banned in that country. 

15 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

That's not similar at all. The reason those kids were kicked out is because you have to be at least 17 to be admitted to an R rated movie without an adult. I doubt the theaters will care if an adult wants to see a kids movie.

Theaters don't care at all what film an adult sees, correct.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Jeric said:

American animation is not banned there.

Except this movie. Unless it ever gets released there, it will always be illegal for Koreans to purchase copies of any merchandise based on this film.

25 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Show me a source from news organization stating that MLP the movie is banned in that country. 

All I know is that ALL other countries around it are getting the film and this country isn't, so the likeliness of this film being banned from import into Korea is very high.

By the way, before you ask, I wasn't born in that country nor do I speak that language; I'm just addicted to statistics of media in certain areas.

48 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

All I know is that ALL other countries around it are getting the film and this country isn't, so the likeliness of this film being banned from import into Korea is very high.

Not being released in a country is not the same thing as being banned from that country. There's millions of movies that's not  released in Sweden but no movies are banned in Sweden.

Hasbro probably just don't think that the market is big enough there in order for it to be worth the cost of releasing the movie in South Korea.

• Brohoof 3

Except this movie.

Prove it. If you can cite two sources that explicitly stated it's banned then I'll concede that it is. Right now my point is absent these sources or confirmation, and based on trending you can reasonably make other analysis. 

All I know is that ALL other countries around it are getting the film and this country isn't, so the likeliness of this film being banned from import into Korea is very high

That's all you know? Ok ... 

I'm just addicted to statistics of media in certain areas.

Yet, you have no concept of the quadrant system, NATO by-laws, or ... well statistical methodology. Question, do you even know what DMAIC means? How are you deriving Pr(E|y)? I'm serious. Explain your method. 

You see, I have an advanced degree in a field that relies heavily on what you are addicted to. I have a second undergraduate degree that I have used to create formulas based on what you are addicted to. Statistics ... it's a tool. And on an academic level ... uncertainty greatly factors into it. But you have never given me the indication that you understand even classical (Laplacian if you wanna look it up) methodology and principles. 

You may love lamp, but I actually build lamps. 

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

None of that matters now. The film's literally, currently in the exact same state as all Japanese animated films were in that country until 2000, so they'll have to lift the ban first. I've read about it from here:

http://koreanfilm.org/japanfilm.html

What makes you think the movie is banned in South Korea? I mean, they have literally no reason what so ever to ban it.  

• Brohoof 2

@FirePuppy

Care to explain why in heaven's name you would add this to the Film Wikia without proper independent source attribution? This is starting to sound like you are trying to create a narrative out of thin air, and I can't fathom why. 

Bad reporting

• Brohoof 2

The movie comes later for japan and korea because they had a different start date than other contries. Japan for example: Mlp started there in 2014.

Besides. Only Japanese movies are banned, because korea took sanctions against japan for denying their crimes in the second world war in their school books.

And if you ask why china get the movie on release date. Look how many people speak chinese and how many speak japanese/korean.

Trailer of equestria girls in korea on 5 (month/June) 3 일 (day)

Edited by Crystal Peppermint

11 hours ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

And if you ask why china get the movie on release date. Look how many people speak chinese and how many speak japanese/korean.

And China is the fastest growing market for entertainment exports eclipsing several entertainment horizontals and verticals here in the US. Can't forget about that. 

• 2 weeks later...

In Singapore, Netflix allows streaming of R21 films (which are banned from home video and suburban theaters), and Netflix is also the only way nowadays where anything My Little Pony related is ever allowed in South Korea, including all four Equestria Girls movies.

8 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Netflix is also the only way nowadays where anything My Little Pony related is ever allowed in South Korea, including all four Equestria Girls movies.

South Korea has not banned My Little Pony. In fact the first Equestria Girls movie was released there this year. 

Why do you belivie that MLP is banned in South Korea?

4 hours ago, Gestum said:

South Korea has not banned My Little Pony. In fact the first Equestria Girls movie was released there this year. 

Why do you belivie that MLP is banned in South Korea?

If you look in here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4131800/releaseinfo

South Korea is not ANY of the 60 countries in which Hasbro has ever allowed the release of the movie.

I've also looked everywhere on the internet, and all I found within ALL available home video releases is this unlicensed bootleg CD/DVD set for the first season.

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/46219990?scode=032&OzSrank=1

Nothing else!

Those are my last words I will ever say in this topic.

Edited by FirePuppy

4 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

If you look in here:

South Korea is not ANY of the 60 countries in which Hasbro has ever allowed the release of the movie.

For the hundredth time, just because a movie doesn't get released in one country doesn't mean that said movie is banned there.  

I mean, why on earth would South Korea bother banning the movie in the first place? 

• Brohoof 4

13 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

If you look in here:

And if you look here you'll see that both the show and the first equestria girl movie have been released in south korea. So MLP is clearly not banned there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2908228/releaseinfo?mode=desktop

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1763755/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...