Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo thread

EmbodimentOfCringe

is it me or is there alot of hostilities towards Nintendo because the Wii is not an HD console and that people say all the games suck because there's no blood,gore and adult content in them also skyward sword is being hated by people all over because ign gave it a 10 and gave skyrim a 9.0 honestly people these days all i see is people bash nintendo on every forum not counting this one but if you look closely at the WII it has alot of great games and i may sound a like a Nintendo Fan boy but that's just me and i will stick by them until the end same goes but honestly is anyone actually not excited to play Xenoblade ? B)

• Brohoof 1

I really wanna play Skyward Sword...but my Wii Sensor Bar broke at Christmas ;.;

I still love my Wii, last game I played on it was Paper Mario 2, a game I ALWAYS love.

i feel bad your sensor bar broke they dont seem to sell the wired ones only the crappy wireless ones which are very annoying :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

Nintendo... probably my favourite developer.

Zelda alone makes me love them, never mind all there other series:

Pokemon, Metroid etc.

Also I hope you get a new sensor bar FinalGamer.

Edited by Tom
  • Brohoof 2

I really wanna play Skyward Sword...but my Wii Sensor Bar broke at Christmas ;.

Funny thing is that Skyward sword actually works without it.

At least that's what I just realized today. Because I have a wireless one that I have to turn on and off and I decided to mess around with the game. Everything works without it!

Too bad getting through the Wii Menu doesn't. =/

i feel bad your sensor bar broke they dont seem to sell the wired ones only the crappy wireless ones which are very annoying :ph34r:

Oh trust me, I know all about that. I have one that takes four batteries to run. It's such a pain!

• Brohoof 1

I believe you also have to calibrate the sensor before the game's main menu. Other than that you don't need a sensor bar.

Funny thing is that Skyward sword actually works without it.

At least that's what I just realized today. Because I have a wireless one that I have to turn on and off and I decided to mess around with the game. Everything works without it!

I know, what the hay!? All I need is to select the game but no, I mean they love the Gamecube controller so much you'd think they'd have given the option for that but NOPE.

Dammit ><

is it me or is there alot of hostilities towards Nintendo because the Wii is not an HD console and that people say all the games suck because there's no blood,gore and adult content in them also skyward sword is being hated by people all over because ign gave it a 10 and gave skyrim a 9.0 honestly people these days all i see is people bash nintendo on every forum not counting this one but if you look closely at the WII it has alot of great games and i may sound a like a Nintendo Fan boy but that's just me and i will stick by them until the end same goes but honestly is anyone actually not excited to play Xenoblade ? B)

I'm excited to play Xenoblade, I can't wait for it! :D
  • Brohoof 1

How many people criticize the Wii solely because of "It's not in HD and it doesn't have tons of FPS with blood!"

I don't doubt that there are people who do that, but I think we're simplifying things here. Nintendo has always been my favorite video game company, and by a wide margin. I don't like violent games, and have no interest in playing them whatsoever. However, I have been greatly disappointed with the Wii. It doesn't have like any games that I absolutely adore. The majority of them feel cheap, and at the end of the day, I can't think of a single Wii exclusive Nintendo game (that is in my interest) that doesn't feel at least a little bit lacking in some way.

I never had those feelings with my favorite GCN titles, nor my favorite N64 titles, etc.

Even Skyward Sword has been somewhat disappointing. It's still a great game, perhaps the greatest game the Wii has ever produced, but I prefer every 3D Zelda game made before it. I honestly think it doesn't deserve a 10. I honestly don't know what IGN was thinking.

And, even being a Nintendo fan, I am bothered by the lack of HD. That we payed money for a next generation console, but it only barely beats out the Xbox, a 2001 console, in power. It's not like the lack of HD makes games good. The Wii has done everything to prove to me that's just a myth. A more powerful console could have only benefited us. Skyward Sword's style would have still shown up, and it would have looked much more beautiful than it does right now. You know, the trees would be so much less clumpy. And of course, a better online system would have only benefited us a lot as well.

I'm just tired of how snobby Nintendo fans have become. Being a long-time one myself, many of the complaints that others have against Nintendo are very valid. Not all of those complaints are, of course, but many of them are. Nintendo is not perfect.

I know I am going to get quite a response with this but...

How many of you loved Twilight Princess?

I did! I don't understand the hate for it at all.

Twilight princess is a great game, although I see skyward sword to surpass this and Ocarina of time.

I see super mario galaxy 1 and 2 to be great games, agreed?

Not gonna lie-I HATED the Galaxy series. It just disappointed in many ways-especially after 64 and Sunshine. It just felt massively inferior. Meh, but to each his/her own.

How many people criticize the Wii solely because of "It's not in HD and it doesn't have tons of FPS with blood!"

I don't doubt that there are people who do that, but I think we're simplifying things here. Nintendo has always been my favorite video game company, and by a wide margin. I don't like violent games, and have no interest in playing them whatsoever. However, I have been greatly disappointed with the Wii. It doesn't have like any games that I absolutely adore. The majority of them feel cheap, and at the end of the day, I can't think of a single Wii exclusive Nintendo game (that is in my interest) that doesn't feel at least a little bit lacking in some way.

I never had those feelings with my favorite GCN titles, nor my favorite N64 titles, etc.

Even Skyward Sword has been somewhat disappointing. It's still a great game, perhaps the greatest game the Wii has ever produced, but I prefer every 3D Zelda game made before it. I honestly think it doesn't deserve a 10. I honestly don't know what IGN was thinking.

And, even being a Nintendo fan, I am bothered by the lack of HD. That we payed money for a next generation console, but it only barely beats out the Xbox, a 2001 console, in power. It's not like the lack of HD makes games good. The Wii has done everything to prove to me that's just a myth. A more powerful console could have only benefited us. Skyward Sword's style would have still shown up, and it would have looked much more beautiful than it does right now. You know, the trees would be so much less clumpy. And of course, a better online system would have only benefited us a lot as well.

I'm just tired of how snobby Nintendo fans have become. Being a long-time one myself, many of the complaints that others have against Nintendo are very valid. Not all of those complaints are, of course, but many of them are. Nintendo is not perfect.

IGN's been giving out 10's left, right, and center lately. Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, Infinity Blade 2!!! I think they're extremely biased and paid off, but that's just my opinion. But as for your power argument, I don't see HD being needed when the first party games are so good. They still look gorgeous.

Edited by CynicalBrony

Thank god. I thought people were going to attack me for liking it.

Attack you? Never... we'll unleash a swarm of rabid zombies upon you. :D

Only joking, Twilight Princess was a good game, but not my favourite of the series.

Edited by Tom
  • Brohoof 1

Thank god.

I thought people were going to attack me for liking it.

Nope, this isn't *insert Zelda fansite's name*'s forum.

I understand exactly what you are talking about. The Zelda fandom looks down upon those who like Twilight Princess and/or dare to claim that they have an opinion that it is better than any of the other 3D Zelda's.

I find it ridiculous. Twilight Princess may not have been an incredibly innovative experience, but...honestly... none of the 3D Zelda games have been truthfully innovative aside from Majora's Mask. I mean sure, you get cel-shaded graphics and then you get motion controls, but that's it. They're still very similar.

They've gone so far as to say that Twilight Princess is objectively the worst Zelda game ever and anybody who thinks it is a good game isn't an "true Zelda fan". I'm sorry, but really... I can point out so many more flaws playing through Skyward Sword than I ever could playing through Twilight Princess.

Elitists are really annoying.

Not gonna lie-I HATED the Galaxy series. It just disappointed in many ways-especially after 64 and Sunshine. It just felt massively inferior. Meh, but to each his/her own.

I agree with you. Well... I don't necessarily agree with hating the Galaxy series. However, I do certainly feel that they don't have what made Super Mario 64 and Sunshine unique from their previous incarnations (the 2D series). It is something tangible - the worlds of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (as well as 3D Land) are designed to be much more linear. So essentially you're playing a 2D Mario with 3D graphics and a slight bit of running room.

Personally, I am very annoyed by that. It's not like 2D Mario's are dead. We've gotten two New Super Mario Bros. games within the last several years. More are sure to be made. So why should are 3D Mario's have to be linear as well? I just don't get it. An occasional game like 3D Land doesn't hurt anything, in fact if that's the direction they want to take 3D Marios on handhelds down I won't complain. However, if the Wii U 3D Mario platformer is a continuation of that linearity I will be complaining.

They've gone so far as to say that Twilight Princess is objectively the worst Zelda game ever

Wat.

They obviously aren't thinking back far enough.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Wat.

They obviously aren't thinking back far enough.

*picture*

*picture*

To be fair, I don't think they count the CD-i games. I certainly don't.

So, incase you haven't noticed, the 3DS has demos now! Yay! It's a huge file, but its a Demo! ^.^

It just has Resident Evil right now, right?

I'm not even remotely interested in playing that. I do look forward when they put up demos for more interesting games, though.