Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo thread

EmbodimentOfCringe

A lot of gamers do, really. Some stop playing in their teens and early twenties, some don't. I know people twice my age who still play lots of games.

God, I know I will be playing video games until I die.
  • Brohoof 1

I know what you mean... my parents have high standards for me in school. If my grades dropped even ten percent because of video games the least they would do is ground me from everything except homework for who knows how long...

I know what you mean... my parents have high standards for me in school. If my grades dropped even ten percent because of video games the least they would do is ground me from everything except homework for who knows how long...

Thus why you need to keep your grades up so you can game more!

I'm not a fan of any companies. The games are what I play for, what system they are on isn't really important for the most part.

I hold the same loyalty to massive international corporations that they hold to me.

Not a single shred.

I'll lend my favor and money only to whoever best deserves it at a given moment in time, on a purely case-by-case basis.

Should I buy a 3ds this christmas?

Yes. If it was earlier in the year I would have said no, but the gaming drought will finally be over by that point and at $170 US- the price is right. Since you've mentioned you don't have a regular DS, you might as well go ahead and get a 3DS.

• 1 month later...

So apparently the 3DS ambassador list for the GBA games is out.

• F Zero Maximum Velocity
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • The Legend of Zelda; Minish Cap
  • Mario Kart Super Circuit
  • Mario VS Donkey Kong
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Super Mario Advance 3; Yoshi's Island
  • Warioland 4
  • Warioware Inc Mega Microgames
So, what do you think of the list? I think its a pretty solid list, and I'm looking forward to Kirby and the Amazing Mirror! Overally, a good range of genres, this was a pretty solid list. Pokemon isn't up there, but that was kind of expected.

Overall, nice list, and makes me glad to be an ambassador!

I wanted a nintendo handheld (Gameboy, 3DS, doesn't matter) just so I could play pokemon and maybe some zelda.

But now idk s: . I'm cheap.

What do you guys think?

So, what do you think of the list?

Could be worse, but could be better.

So at least it's better than the NES list. It's a solid list, but personally disappointing to me. I would have preferred to see Mario & Luigi, Pokemon Emerald, and Mario Tennis over a good number of the titles on the list.

However, Mario Kart Super Circuit is one game that I lost many years ago. I will enjoy having it again. Hopefully my horrible luck with keeping portable Mario Kart's ends right here. If I lose this one I lose my whole 3DS. D:

(I lost both Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS D: )

I wanted a nintendo handheld (Gameboy, 3DS, doesn't matter) just so I could play pokemon and maybe some zelda.

But now idk s: . I'm cheap.

What do you guys think?

It's pretty much pointless getting anything that isn't a 3DS at this point.

On the 3DS you can play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (G/S remakes), and Pokemon Black/White.

So you have a lot of choices.

The DS/3DS Zelda library is noticeably lacking, though.

So apparently the 3DS ambassador list for the GBA games is out.

• F Zero Maximum Velocity
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • The Legend of Zelda; Minish Cap
  • Mario Kart Super Circuit
  • Mario VS Donkey Kong
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Super Mario Advance 3; Yoshi's Island
  • Warioland 4
  • Warioware Inc Mega Microgames
So, what do you think of the list? I think its a pretty solid list, and I'm looking forward to Kirby and the Amazing Mirror! Overally, a good range of genres, this was a pretty solid list. Pokemon isn't up there, but that was kind of expected.

Overall, nice list, and makes me glad to be an ambassador!

FML.

Now I need one.

And forum revival ftw!

Uhm... Why?

Do they not sell them anymore?

They still sell 3DS's. Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm meaning if you want the GBA games listed above you will have to find one that meets the criteria I posted above. Those games will only be released for Ambassador's Program enabled 3DS's, which were bought before the price drop and the previous owner had downloaded and used eShop before the price drop as well.

Wow.

Nintendo, you cheap bastards.

?

I don't see why everybody is so mad about this. We get some good games for free because we purchased an largely overpriced product, the rest of you get your 3DS's for much cheaper. You have nothing to be mad about.

Besides, I bet you'll they'll release all of these titles to purchase later on.

?

I don't see why everybody is so mad about this. We get some good games for free because we purchased an largely overpriced product, the rest of you get your 3DS's for much cheaper. You have nothing to be mad about.

Besides, I bet you'll they'll release all of these titles to purchase later on.

I never said I was mad, you just assumed so.

And it is a joke that people use to describe nintendo.

And you are receiving games people cannot usually play on the 3ds.

So why should i not be a little dissapointed?

The Wii U is sounding pretty nice though I don't see too many reasons to buy it over another console. The Wii was a pretty useless console in my opinion, only a few games were even worth buying and once the Playstation Move and Kinect arose there just weren't too many reasons to mess around with the Wii.

The Wii U is sounding pretty nice though I don't see too many reasons to buy it over another console. The Wii was a pretty useless console in my opinion, only a few games were even worth buying and once the Playstation Move and Kinect arose there just weren't too many reasons to mess around with the Wii.

The wii IS useless.

You buy it for the small amount of good games it is.