Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you want the Mane 6 to find their special somepony before G4 comes to an end

NathanW200

Should the mane 6 get together with a mane pony or stay single till G4 ends  

44 users have voted

1. 1. Should the mane 6 get together with a mane pony or stay single till G4 ends

• Get together with a male pony
    • Stay single till G4 comes to a close

No, because romance is not what the Mane Six represent for little girls, and it's not something they should be thinking about at such a young age anyway. The fact it's shoehorned into shows and movies aimed at adults is nauseating as is. Especially all the superhero stuff. Why can't good guys just fight the bad guys and save people without some stupid love interest complicating things for them? We can just leave the shipping to the fans. The last thing FIM needs to turn into before it ends is a soap opera.

Besides, RD doesn't need a stallion. She belongs to Vinyl.....

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

All I want to see is one gay relationship, not with the mane 6 either. Just anything really. I know it will never happen in the history of ever, but one can dream right?

This. Though I'm almost certain MLP won't be the television show to do it, one can hope.

• Brohoof 1

I think it'd be pretty darn cute if they each slowly found someone throughout until it ends, the show could use this as a way of tackling the friendship problem of dealing with your friends getting into relationships and shifting their attention and focus off of you and onto their significant other

I would love to see, how the Mane 6 would act in a Relationship and how it would work, that would be pretty cool. Im already sad that Flash Sentry still hasnt come together with Twilight yet and that they also never really interacted with each other, except for the first Equestria Girls Movie, then the Pony Version just made a guest appearence once or twice. Its dumb that they take so much time with it. It would change things up.

At this point in the show, I think it would have earned one main character romance, though only one. For some people that's just a natural part of life, and now that we've spent so much time with these characters, I don't think one romance would feel forced. Although, I do have to admit that there's not really enough time to make it work, especially since I don't want the show to dedicate several episodes a season to it, and basically all of the relationships the mane six have with male characters aren't really things I'd want to grow so much further. 

Would like to see a non-heterosexual relationship, though... not that it'd ever happen...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I personally wouldn't want to see any of them get a special somepony. It'd be a great way to show audiences that a romantic relationship isn't always the absolute superior relationship there can be. A cartoon about friendship is already wholesome and I'd really like it if it stayed that way too!

• 4 months later...
(edited)

I don't expect any of the mane six to get a boyfriend before the show comes to an end but It would be nice to at least see Starlight Glimmer or Sunset Shimmer end up dating a male pony you never know what might happen even Spike might find his one true love someday I'm sure they all will someday just not on the show like they say there's a cap for every bottle 

Edited by NathanW200

On 1/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, Rikifive said:

I believe that's actually true, given the fan-made content. For example "My Little Dashie" would have a different feeling, when the title character (Rainbow) would be 'officially' taken. There are plenty of other fan-made things, that focus on a specific character, where it would feel awkward if they weren't 'free'. That generally could put some limits for fanfics etc., if you know what I mean. :P 

And well.... For singles it possibly could be pretty disappointing to see their beloved ponies finding that special pony. :derp: Heh, that sounded weird, but you get what I mean. ^_^ 

When Zephyr was hitting on Dash... I... may have felt myself getting a bit... protective :P

But really, I don't think it would hurt anything (though after this many years it would affect people a lot more than it did in the beginning). I'm sure you can find just as many fanfics of that genre for every other fandom out there. I'm not going to bother to go hunting for it because... yeesh, but just as an example, Edward/Bella of the Twilight series. You really think there aren't a ton of "Anon" fics for that? Or pretty much everything else?

More generally...

I do feel like too much romance would betray the show though. Not even just the show, but the literal universe it exists in. Remember, the only one of the Mane 6 who was even fantasizing about romance at the Gala was Rarity. The rest had completely unrelated ideas about what they wanted to do there. I mentioned this on another thread just yesterday and I think it needs mentioning again. Generalized love and affection is just so much more open in Equestria. Hugs, cuddles, deep emotions; arguably anything shy of making out (or more), can happen among friends. There is a LOT more in that world that is free to share that in our world, is exclusive to romantic partners. For that reason, I don't see romance as being nearly as big of a deal for them. It's great if it happens, but it's not as detrimental to happiness if it doesn't.

On 1/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, AlexanderThrond said:

At this point in the show, I think it would have earned one main character romance, though only one. For some people that's just a natural part of life, and now that we've spent so much time with these characters, I don't think one romance would feel forced. Although, I do have to admit that there's not really enough time to make it work, especially since I don't want the show to dedicate several episodes a season to it, and basically all of the relationships the mane six have with male characters aren't really things I'd want to grow so much further.

There could be a valuable friendship lesson in it though. Because romantic relationships have a way of radically screwing up the dynamic of friends. It's seen a LOT in high school with how once people get someone, that's ALL they want to focus on. It would be interesting to see that being worked out. Or perhaps even better, a manipulative villain character hooking up with one of the Mane 6 for the sole purpose of separating her from the rest, thereby sabotaging the Elements.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

13 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

There could be a valuable friendship lesson in it though. Because romantic relationships have a way of radically screwing up the dynamic of friends. It's seen a LOT in high school with how once people get someone, that's ALL they want to focus on. It would be interesting to see that being worked out.

I don't know very much about that, but yes, I do think there's a lot of potential for friendship lessons in a romantic relationship storyline. I'm not sure I really want these characters involved in petty high school nonsense, though... that's what I go to Equestria Girls for. 

13 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Or perhaps even better, a manipulative villain character hooking up with one of the Mane 6 for the sole purpose of separating her from the rest, thereby sabotaging the Elements.

I don't think that would be much different from, say, the Trenderhoof thing, so I dunno if it's quite the same as what others are talking about in this thread. 

On 8/30/2018 at 1:38 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

I don't think that would be much different from, say, the Trenderhoof thing, so I dunno if it's quite the same as what others are talking about in this thread. 

I haven't actually seen that episode (though the mean six is well enough known that it's about as practical a secret as Luke Skywalker's father). But I was under the impression that Trenderhoof was more of a "Rita Skeeter" papparazi type of thing, which is a VERY different kind of moral lesson.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

11 minutes ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

I haven't actually seen that episode (though the mean six is well enough known that it's about as practical a secret as Luke Skywalker's father). But I was under the impression that Trenderhoof was more of a "Rita Skeeter" papparazi type of thing, which is a VERY different kind of moral lesson.

Nah, Rarity had a crush on him, while he had a crush on Applejack. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

Nah, Rarity had a crush on him, while he had a crush on Applejack. 

Ohhhh... yeah... duh. Alright I do remember that. I must've been mixing up a couple of the posts from further up. But yeah,I don't think it would have nearly the same impact as if there were an actual relationship that kind of went into a somewhat manipulative place. The big deal with Trenderhoof didn't involve risking breaking up any friendships (I can easily see how that COULD have happened but it wasn't really focused on), but rather, becoming someone you're not in an attempt to impress somebody you want.