Generation 5  

18 users have voted

1. 1. What Will It Be?

• A direct sequel to FiM
    • A spinoff of FiM
    • A prequel to FiM
    • A reboot of a past generation
    • An entirely new generation

It's been all but confirmed that we're getting a new iteration into the MLP universe. But what that is has remained rather vague. 

So what do you think G5 will be? 

Will it be a sequel to G4, perhaps featuring the grown up CMC or children of the mane 6?

Will it be a spinoff, taking place in the G4 universe, but focusing on different characters?

Will it be a prequel, focusing on characters from before Twi's journey, or even to the distant past, perhaps focusing on a young Celestia and Luna?

Could they reboot a past generation, giving G1 a more modern spin, keeping the SoL vibe of G1.5 but removing the human aspects (and poor morals) or wipe the slate clean and invest in the potential G3 had? 

Or will it be something completely new?

Get to speculating!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree with @Califorum.

I feel like we've gone as far as we can go with this current group of ponies & I'd like to see something new.

instead of the same old thing with a (possibly) different animation style.

I would like, no references to G4 in G5 at all. A completely different location, though maybe with similar characters but different. One thing though, I want to see a Prince Alicorn, being apart of the leaders. Father Sun, Mother Moon... 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Califorum said:

One thing though, I want to see a Prince Alicorn, being apart of the leaders. Father Sun, Mother Moon... 

I like that idea a lot.

I mainly just want Gen 5 to not be a complete retread of Gen 4 &

if they end up keeping the same characters that's what it will feel like to me.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Technically that would fall under sequel. 

Oh.  "Direct Sequel" made it sound like it would take place right after FiM, or only a few years, not like a couple hundred years after.

15 minutes ago, Superplay64 said:

Oh.  "Direct Sequel" made it sound like it would take place right after FiM, or only a few years, not like a couple hundred years after.

Guess I should've just said sequel then. 

As much as I like the existing mane 6, they have been going for many years. It would be hard to give them up, but I think it would be for the best, I've heard rumours of the mane 6 being altered with their species changed. They should either replace them or keep them. Maybe they could be kept as secondary characters with a whole new cast of main characters. I think they will likely start a new cast of main characters.

I would want a spinoff, new characters means more new story buildup.

but i wonder what would be better; a group of 6 ponies or a group of 6 different species like the one in the school?

It'll probably be a completely new thing. Rumor has it that some of the mane six will switch races. Twi may be an earth pony (which I don't like), fluttershy may be a unicorn, stuff like that. Dash would still be a Pegasus though.

I really don't know what to think of G5 honestly, as I'm still relatively new to the fandom. I feel like it's happening too soon for me, even though it's been around for over half a decade now. I'm sure that G5 will indeed be as good as FiM, though, and maybe even better.

• Brohoof 1

G5 will more than likely be brand new in the sense that the locations will all be brand new, and obviously new secondary characters will be introduced. However I have heard that they are going to keep the original mane 6, but with swapped species for a few of the characters and also an obvious re-design that will come with the new animation style of the show. G5 will also feature new VA's for the mane 6, and a complete overhaul of AJ's personality/background.   

Considering that the rumors have neither been confirmed nor debunked (anyone can fake emails) we do not know what g5 will be or if there will even be one.

I'm personally going to go out on a limb and say that the emails are fake and that this is all a hoax considering the fact that it's completely illogical to cancel a show for the sole purpose of rebooting it.

But it is undeniable that FiM will end one day, I have no clue when, but it will happen.

Now, after this event happens, there are three possibilities.

1.) It will return due to popular demand

2.) G5 will be made.

3.) Nothing will happen. 

As for what G5 would look like... I'd say it would be a spinoff of FiM. Maybe the descendants of the Mane 6.

What I'm thinking is that these descendants will likely be their offspring, and the torch is basically passed to them.

Keep in mind I could be wrong about all this.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight
  • Brohoof 1

I think they should stick with the G4. I also encourage you to not believe the rumors so readily as to say they have been confirmed. There are plenty of things to still tackle especially with the season 7 finale. I would be a severe risk to try and create a new generation when this one is so popular.

When they do create a G5 (Could be at the end of season 9, or 19), it doesn't really matter with me what they start from. It just simply needs to be good.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1