Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are Bronies shunned in the real world

Winter Bronco

I don't really believe people who enjoy watching this show are necessarily shunned by society. If you wish to speak of it as being taboo among older people, sure, you can consider it to be that. But no one is really going so far out of their way to demonize or hurt people who just wanna watch and enjoy MLP. At least I have not noticed any such activity. 

Most people's annoyance when it comes to weird quirks or interests is induced due to obnoxious behavior. But it does not really become more than that, an annoyance. 

What they really think about the people who watch the show should not really be a concern, you are just dragging yourself down by giving other people such power over your own enjoyment. People are constantly judged, no matter what. We judge, constantly. 

• Brohoof 2

Psssst... 

A thousand pardons, but as this has to deal with the fandom, I'm going to (gently) pick this thread up and (lightly) move it over to the Forum Lounge for ya.

Please, do continue!  :pinkie:

Simply because men (particularly adult men) supposedly should not enjoy something made for little girls. It goes against the most basic preconceptions of society. People acting different is 2scary :sealed:

It really is sad how an action that hurts literally no one is vilified by so many

Bronies are shunned in society for similar reasons Furries are. They don’t meet the status quo of society established in most countries, but most specifically in Western Nations such as America and Europe.

It also has to do with minorities within the fandom having “urges” for animals and characters in the show that the vast majority of people would immediately declare degeneracy all around.

Also I just want to say something that is a pet peeve of mine for so long and I need to get this off my chest. There are some bigoted people who live in Western Nations and love to mock the vast majority of Muslims being degenerates having “urges” for Goats thanks to such scholars like Zakir Naik (A Wahabbi/Salafi Islamic Scholar) from which the vast majority of Muslims don’t support. Yet these bigots have such people like the minorities within the Brony and Furry Fandom (AKA Cloppers and Yiffers) in their own society having “urges” for dogs, cats, sheep, horses, ponies and pigs from which they turn a blind eye.

Looks like the shoes on the other foot and the hypocrisy of such bigots will continue to bite them in the ass.

Cause the real world are hypocrites, says liking a cute show is wrong. Watches a cute anime slice of life show anyway which is basically the same thing. Yeah, society is ridiculous and it's even more frustrating that it still goes on to this day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Most places I go to don’t even bring up bronies. One of The only places that I see act cold towards them is YouTube, but that’s just because it’s YouTube and everyone sucks there.

I tease you lot often and crack jokes, but I never outright attack you or speak negatively of you. I only tease and have fun with people I like.

I guess what I mean to say is, if someone does shun you you have a resident non brony who will stand by you. I like you guys. 

On 3/8/2018 at 3:36 PM, Unity said:

We don' have the best reputation, and that one recent pedophile guy didn't help.

Oh, yeah. That one "paedophile guy" out of probably way over 500,000,000 alive right now. I know exactly who you're talking about!

(edited)

A lot of people still find it difficult to accept grown people enjoying children's cartoons. They think those people aren't very grown up themselves or are creepy delinquents. Often times they're actually right, but not all the time- I think bronies are a minor exception though it seems to me that fans of anything can get to the creepy, obsessive level that you see... well in pretty much any fan base, really.

Edited by Sunset Rose

• 4 months later...