Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Applejack get her hats from Bright Mac?

ggg-2

With evidence from Perfect Pear, and ignoring an old Hub Q&A (which was taken from a Hot Topic tie-in), did Applejack get her hats from her dad?

In Made in Manehattan we see Rarity buy Applejack a random hat and AJ is happy with it, so that would imply no, but I doubt AJ or Bright mac had one hat and I could see Applejack having her dads collection.

There's nothing special about the hat at all! There's a whole closet full of them.

5aad7346e8e7a_images(19).jpeg.03f4dec21fae1b0b90257ce35ab635c9.jpeg

What IS one of a kind that came from the Pearents is the Hugging Tree!

5aad73a99df37_download(33).jpeg.3c1d40f7204b2f32b9d2c6ef0a9eee33.jpeg

As the others said , nothing special about her hat.

6 minutes ago, We. said:

There's nothing special about the hat at all! There's a whole closet full of them.

5aad7346e8e7a_images(19).jpeg.03f4dec21fae1b0b90257ce35ab635c9.jpeg

From wich episode is that?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Gachin said:

As the others said , nothing special about her hat.

From wich episode is that?

S4 Somepony Look Over My Shoulder

• Brohoof 1

I think she probably inherited her dad's hat collection, as others have said here, she probably has more than just one hat that she wears, though they all do look alike. Cowboy style hats aren't all that uncommon to come across after all. ;)

It would have been really nice to get to know anything about how Pear and Bright interacted with their family, but the writers decided to go for the easy way out when it came to the Apple parents. They focused on their life pre-family so instead of having meaningful memories that show how the characters we know were influenced by their parents a made who they are today, we're given a lame romeo and juliet-esque story that adds nothing to the characters that influence the world directly. 

2 hours ago, Jellyphish said:

It would have been really nice to get to know anything about how Pear and Bright interacted with their family, but the writers decided to go for the easy way out when it came to the Apple parents. They focused on their life pre-family so instead of having meaningful memories that show how the characters we know were influenced by their parents a made who they are today, we're given a lame romeo and juliet-esque story that adds nothing to the characters that influence the world directly. 

Definitely couldn’t disagree more. The Perfect Pear was lovely and heartfelt. And the Apple siblings barely knew anything about their parents, which implies they died like RIGHT AFTER Applebloom was born and when AJ and Big Mac were still really young. So they wouldn’t really have that many memories.

I spent a LOT of time with my grandfather when I was little. We were practically attached at the hip, I loved him and he was my buddy, but he died when I was 7 years old. I don’t have many memories of him as an actual individual. Just a handful of situations and like ONE sentence I remember saying to him towards the end of his life.

If the Apple siblings are anything like me, then the memories they could have had probably wouldn’t have been very informative about the kind of people their parents were. They just would have been cute fluff. Most kids don’t really grasp the idea of their parents as individuals until they get older.

7 hours ago, We. said:

S4 Somepony Look Over My Shoulder

@Gachin It’s actually called Somepony to Watch Over Me.

Edited by ShadOBabe

33 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

@Gachin It’s actually called Somepony to Watch Over Me.

Dang it! Now I feel like an idiot. At least I got the Season number right.

36 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Definitely couldn’t disagree more. The Perfect Pear was lovely and heartfelt. And the Apple siblings barely knew anything about their parents, which implies they died like RIGHT AFTER Applebloom was born and when AJ and Big Mac were still really young. So they wouldn’t really have that many memories.

I spent a LOT of time with my grandfather when I was little. We were practically attached at the hip, I loved him and he was my buddy, but he died when I was 7 years old. I don’t have many memories of him as an actual individual. Just a handful of situations and like ONE sentence I remember saying to him towards the end of his life.

If the Apple siblings are anything like me, then the memories they could have had probably wouldn’t have been very informative about the kind of people their parents were. They just would have been cute fluff. Most kids don’t really grasp the idea of their parents as individuals until they get older.

I agree with you that the Apple Pearents (and yes, that's how I spell it) must have died young.

Besides in my opinion, hearing where each of the sibling got their qualities was the thing that I personally like hearing. (Applejack got her father's honesty and preference for wearing a Stetson hat. Apple Bloom got her mother's way with helping Ponies discover their Cutie Marks and her father's color scheme. Big Mac's got his father's body shape and way of romancing)

What was important was how despite the Feud between the Apple and Pears, the 2 Love Birds had a positive impact on some of the people, like Mrs. Cake.

Edited by We.

36 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I disagree with this statement. In Cutie Mark Chronicles we see AJ leave the farm and gaining her cutie mark, and she is leaving behind Big Mac who already had his and baby Applebloom. Given that newborns and very young foals look alike, we can assume that she was leaving her home within a year or two of her parents death. She then recieves her cutie mark and has also stated that she was the last in her class (age group) to get her cutie mark. Applebloom is fully aware of her surroundings as a blank flank and can piece together and remember many things. To say that Applejack and Big Mac had little to no bonding time with their parents (grandparents are one step removed from that bonding experience) is asinine. I understand that for all three of them, the history of their parents is something they may not know, bur I feel that the episode could have been a lot more sentimental had it been a sort of flashback episode with the Apple family interacting with them. It would have been a lot more meaningful to have gotten interactions between the cast that the show focuses on.

Instead, as I said before, we are given a story that's been done to death and creates inconsistencies with the Cakes and Applejacks interactions. As for not knowing about their parents past, a lot of parents don't talk to their kids about what they've done or something like how they got together because it doesn't really come up with most children.

2 hours ago, Jellyphish said:

To say that Applejack and Big Mac had little to no bonding time with their parents (grandparents are one step removed from that bonding experience) is asinine.

I don’t think you’re quite grasping what I’m saying with my story about my grandpa dude. I didn’t just visit my grandparents when I was little. I LIVED with them. From the time I was three till my grandfather died. But years later, I don’t remember everything about him. And I barely remember jack about my mom during that time frame because she always had to work. And who do you think had to work on the farm when the Apple kids were little?

Besides, let’s pretend they DO have memories of their parents. They still didn’t know much about them. They didn’t even know their mother’s real birth name or what her cutie mark actually was. Everything about their parents “pre-children” seems to have been kept from them.

They didn’t focus on the Apple Sibs memories of their parents, because again, it would’ve just be cute fluff that didn’t have anything to do about the story they were telling. You want them to have flashbacks of their parents, but what would be the framework for that to happen? And what would be the lesson to teach from it?

They wanted to tell a story about the Apple parents that didn’t specifically have to address their deaths. The Apple sibs wanted to learn more about their parents’ lives and Applebloom specifically wanted to know about the feud, since the elderly Pear stallion she met was very kind to her and it didn’t make sense.

The story wasn’t lazy, it was very well done. The characters were very sweet and the way the story tactfully tackled the reminiscing of lost loved ones was really touching. So much love is portrayed in the lines of the ponies the Apple sibs talk to.

It sounds more to me that you’re bitter you didn’t get the precise content you desired and are using that anger to negatively paint over the good story we did get.

Besides, now that we know about Bright Mac and Pear Butter, who’s to say we can’t have flashbacks of them with their kids later? And now they’ll REALLY hurt, because we’re attached to them and have seen what they went through. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe

13 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

The story wasn’t lazy, it was very well done. The characters were very sweet and the way the story tactfully tackled the reminiscing of lost loved ones was really touching. So much love is portrayed in the lines of the ponies the Apple sibs talk to.

It sounds more to me that you’re bitter you didn’t get the precise content you desired and are using that anger to negatively paint over the good story we did get.

Besides, now that we know about Bright Mac and Pear Butter, who’s to say we can’t have flashbacks of them with their kids later? And now they’ll REALLY hurt, because we’re attached to them and have seen what they went through. XD

Especially some more insight for Misses Cake and of course Burned Oak was amazing. I agree with you they haven't tot to spend time with their parents, especially Apple Bloom. :grin:

• Brohoof 1