Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You're accused of eating an innocent pony alive. What do you do?

KillerKingBakudan

You get hungry and head to Sugarcube Corner. There, you pick up a glazed donut and wolf it down. You don't think anything of it until Starlight and Trixie come rushing in and freak out when they see you put the last chunk of it in your mouth.

You ask them why they're getting so uptight. Starlight says that she was teaching Trixie some new spells; specifically, transfiguration, combined with resizing and teleportation. Trixie was supposed to turn an item into something different and make it appear in another location. Because she was hungry, she decided to take a 3-foot statue and turn it into a specialty donut from Sugarcube Corner. The very same kind that you just ate. But as it turns out, something threw off her aim, causing her magic to ricochet off a wall and hit an unsuspecting flying pegasus. That pegasus was Derpy. She was transformed into that donut and dumped in the display case with the rest of the batch.

Starlight attempts to do a reverse-transfiguration spell on each of the remaining donuts. And to no avail. Not a single one is reverting back to Derpy's form. So she concludes that you just ate the real Derpy before she could save her. No one knows this for a fact, of course. But if Sugarcube Corner was the place Trixie was envisioning at the time she cast the spell, Derpy should still be there. She's not, and now Starlight's talking about slapping you with a murder charge.

What do you do?

first of all, throw up everything that was in my belly and ask Starlight to do a reverse spell on it.

then, if it's still doesn't work. tell her, to take it back to Twilight. maybe she knows what to do.

and if it doesn't work out fine... well. I think, that I'm not guilty in anything. I didn't know.

but to be honest.. why would I eat doughnut, which I didn't paid for? and if I paid for it, then it's definitely wasn't Derpy. because I'm pretty sure, that it was made in Sugarcube Corner. If that's the case, then we should all continue to look for her.

secondly I think that transfiguration spells are very dangerous! and should be banned.

that's all I can think of this situation.

Just now, Ethan Tran said:

first of all, throw up everything that was in my belly and ask Starlight to do a reverse spell on it.

then, if it's still doesn't work. tell her, to take it back to Twilight. maybe she knows what to do.

and if it doesn't work out fine... well. I think, that I'm not guilty in anything. I didn't know.

but to be honest.. why would I eat doughnut, which I didn't paid for? and if I paid for it, then it's definitely wasn't Derpy. because I'm pretty sure, that it was made in Sugarcube Corner. If that's the case, then we should all continue to look for her.

secondly I think that transfiguration spells are very dangerous! and should be banned.

that's all I can think of this situation.

Actually, you did pay for it. And the donut might have been Derpy because:

1. Trixie wanted to turn something into one of the shop's most popular donuts.
2. The spell was combined with a teleportation spell, which required the item to be sent to the place Trixie had in mind.

If I was hungry and never aware of Starlight and Trixies antics, then I think the charges should be placed upon them of the consequences of transfiguration spell or investigate further of the something (or someone) that threw Starlight’s aim. How was the hungry individual suppose to know about any of this when all in their mind they could think of is to eat something?

"It wasn't me. It was that other snake that eats all the ponies in the everfree." D:

It's not my fault that they left that doughnut lying around. If they didn't want anyone to eat it, they should've done a better job of protecting it. Not my problem!!

At the mention of potentially receiving murder charges, I remind them that it was they who were practicing advanced magic in an environment open enough that ponies could be harmed, with an individual who has a history of unstable emotional and magical reactions, and that it is them who will likely be charged with involuntary ponyslaughter. However I am willing to have my stomach pumped if it means retrieving a pony's remains.

I'd ask "have you checked her house yet?" 

I'd also ask "How could it have been murder if there was no intent to kill? If anything, it would be involuntary mare slaughter. And you two would join me in prison." 

I'd also ask her to consider that somepony else could've bought the derpy donut. 

And if it really was her, I'd regurgitate said donut, have Starlight do a reconstitution spell, then transform the alleged donut back into Derpy.  Problem solved.

After that, I'd file a restraining order on Starlight. IF she was gonna call me a murderer right out of the gate based on circumstantial evidence, then I shudder to think what else may provoke her into more serious action. 

• 3 weeks later...

"First of all you shouldn't be practicing life threatening magic in public, every spell caster knows that! Secondly I'm probably not the only person to get a donut here, so there are more possibilities. Third I could have grabbed a donut before the wall eyed mare got zapped, in fact I faintly remember seeing her. And finally you shouldn't be so quickly to bring me down as this will look just as bad, if not worse for you."

• 2 years later...

She wasn't a pony and she wasn't alive. If anything is Starlight's fault for reckless endangerment through the illegal practice of such dangerous unsupervised magic tricks through an actual qualified teacher or institution. So is Starlight the one that should be getting really scared for her dear life right now.