Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would Celestia react, if she lost Twilight Sparkle?

SaburoDaimando

Imagine, if you will, a scenario where a villain comes out of nowhere and attacks Equestria.  But as Celestia is fighting for her own survival, she witnesses something that breaks her heart.

She loses Twilight Sparkle, her star pupil and Princess of Friendship.  And by losing, she assumes her student to be dead(Most likely by being thrown off a cliff)

How would she cope?  Would she flip out?  Would her will break?

Well, Twilight can fly, so I don't think she would need to worry about being thrown to her demise. :sunbutt:

Either way, Celestia would probably be sent into a pit of grief like she was when she was forced to banish Luna. The only difference is that this one will most likely be permanent... :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

As Celestia is the one who sent twilight to Ponyville, I assume she feels pretty responsible for Twilight.

Therefore I think she'd totally freak out and won't ever be able to forgive herself.:(

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Recherche said:

Well, Twilight can fly, so I don't think she would need to worry about being thrown to her demise. :sunbutt:

Either way, Celestia would probably be sent into a pit of grief like she was when she was forced to banish Luna. The only difference is that this one will most likely be permanent... :sunny:

Hey, there's always necromancy :smug:

7 minutes ago, Midnight Seashell said:

Find another student after mourning for 1000 years

This isn't like Luna, she isn't simply banished, Twilight is dead, and in the words of Fallout: Equestria "ya can't fix dead"

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Slipstream95 said:

"What's the worst that can happen?"

0dbaafbf1c6018e579fa6c4f04cc73f2.thumb.png.48707965602791b54cff956f5b5e54c0.png

Celestia goes into a rage and becomes Day Breaker in order to secure Equestria from outside threats and keep ponies safe from harm but she just ends up terrifying the populace and driving the ponies she cares about away?

Then again this was in a seried response at the suggestion of necromancy,,,

Spoiler

full.jpg.de6a7914986ad17a38c9801aef126279.jpg

In actuality I think Celestia and maybe all of Equestria and Allies beyond would mourn her death for a time and then move on to projects like maintaining her school, opening up a bunch of new libraries, and increasing the number of friendship envoys. You have to move on with life at some point. She has responsibilities to maintain and a country to manage. That is if she too isn't killed by this villain of nowhere.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Same thing she did when she lost Sunset Shimmer

Wait a few years and pick up a new one 

Trixie, Moondancer, Starlight Glimmer...

Pupils  are very expendable indeed.

This is Celestia we are talking about. She loves her subjects like family but Twilight is special. She's her protege, almost a successor. She loves Twilight. If she were to loose her, especially to an unnatural cause . . . well I don't think it would break her in the sense that it would destroy her. She's had to banish her own sister and HAS to have outlived those she loved before so it's not like anything new or unexpected for her. It would, however, break her heart. Twilight is clearly somepony she's put a lot of investment in. From training her in magic, to putting her on the path to who she is now. So to have someone she herself built up to be this great paragon, the way other ponies look up to her, taken away so violently. It would definitely cut her more deeply than anything else has in a long while. In some ways, it would mirror how Twilight would see loosing Celestia. Remember when Twilight thought the vision she saw was real and that she just witnessed Celestia's death at the hooves of Nightmare Moon? She was driven to tears.

Everyone is replaceable, but if something is certain ... it is that Celestia will be very depressed for a long time.

even so the Celestia of the comics has suffered a lot ... lost his sister (when I banished her), his beloved the King Sombra, has lost several friends who have aged and eventually died as is the case with starswirl ... I believe that if she could overcome these things he could also overcome the death of Twilight that we know does not have eternal life.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

She would grieve for a long period of time then obsess over how to bring her back. A ton of jealousy would arise in Luna over it, I'm sure.

"At least I still have six more." - Celestia, probably.