Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on anime?

Thorgir the Mighty

So i was wondering to myself,”Why is anime so popular,yet so weird and cringey? Just as cringey as the Emoji Movie (ok i overdid that one).” Me personally i hate anime with a passion. But i like Dragon Ball and Halo legends. Im not trying to be a jerk nor judgemental i just want to know after all that weird and perverted junk Japan puts in the cartoons,whats so good about it? Also anime is for both children and adults, i just don’t understand how its so popular.

please dont get mad or triggered,i just want to know why its so popular!

• Brohoof 1

The problem with your outlook is that you view all anime as being the same. The only thing all anime has in common is that it's cartoons from Japan. Therefore you can't really lump them all together. 

4 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

just want to know why its so popular!

Because there's plenty of good anime series that isn't cringy and weird. And some people may even enjoy series that you personally find cringy and weird.

• Brohoof 1

So i was wondering to myself,”Why are sandwiches so popular,yet so weird and unappetizing? Just as unappetizing as the hákarl (ok i overdid that one).” Me personally i hate sandwiches with a passion. But i like burgers and skewered meat. Im not trying to be a jerk nor judgemental i just want to know after all that weird and unappetizing junk people put between their buns,whats so good about it? Also sandwiches are for both children and adults, i just don’t understand how theyre so popular.

please dont get mad or triggered,i just want to know why theyre so popular!

307.thumb.png.8c9f80cd9e92f9abd1f6c7c89c06f867.png

• Brohoof 6

A form of expression like any other. Some of them are more relatable than others based on each person.

For example, using sex in a product dedicated to an adolecent public might help boost up sales.

The thing is that the issue here is personal, meaning you should take an introspective look at yourself when experiencing conflict, like in this case.

What about yourself is making it so you can't stand the "perverted junk"?

It's all in you. Once you're chill with it, you grow up. Shhh, keep it inside you, and try to not freak out. Otherwise the object is perceived as external to oneself, unable to associate, to relate and, therefore, being understood.

5 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Also anime is for both children and adults, i just don’t understand how its so popular.

Because it gives us something else to watch that is not just the damn Flintstones and Scooby Doo. When it comes to animation, the west is notorious for still thinking it is just for little children that they will grow out of by the time they are 5... and it is in their best interest to keep every series as safe and predictable as possible to protect their little minds from harm. Even the shows most of us loved as kids (or still do) were often heavily handicapped by these rules and regulations we imposed on ourselves. This even includes really good shows like MLP.

Anime basically said "NO, people (Adults and children) like different things, and we can make cartoons about all of them" 

• Brohoof 2

Honestly it depends on what its about.

Personally, im okay with more action themed anime (attack on titan, or death note if that counts)

But the creepy fetish stuff, no thats just no. Hell no.

2 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

A form of expression like any other. Some of them are more relatable than others based on each person.

For example, using sex in a product dedicated to an adolecent public might help boost up sales.

The thing is that the issue here is personal, meaning you should take an introspective look at yourself when experiencing conflict, like in this case.

What about yourself is making it so you can't stand the "perverted junk"?

It's all in you. Once you're chill with it, you grow up. Shhh, keep it inside you, and try to not freak out. Otherwise the object is perceived as external to oneself, unable to associate, to relate and, therefore, being understood.

Wtf?

Yeah the action ones (one punch man,attack on titan) those are pretty good I was just asking how are the “weird” ones so popular?

I do like some anime and some anime characters, and I find some anime girls attractive but can be b****y, why do most of them b****. School-Live anime with most characters are female and one dog but if there a guy he be called pervert and get hit. Why do guys get to get hit when a girl walk in and saw him naked or getting changed why do she get to hit him? It annoys me why does it like that. Anime guys seem to get abuse alot. Many there other animes that not all like that.

because anime is a work of art its some animes are much deeper than people give them credit for and  it is such a large medium that there is probably something for everyone. Personally i think anime has surpassed western animation/entertainment on certain aspects and those aspects are pulling me towards anime and away from western entertainment.

Some of the aspects i like in anime compared to other mediums

expressive visuals

expressive audio

expressive storytelling

expressive characters

many shows offer much deeper undertone to the story.

and cultural differences offer a new way to set up and experience the story.

Anime is satanic and I can't watch it.

My mom doesn't allow it.

3 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Wtf?

Yeah the action ones (one punch man,attack on titan) those are pretty good I was just asking how are the “weird” ones so popular?

If you don't mind me asking, could you specify what type of anime you find "weird"? 

• Brohoof 1

My thoughts on anime vary a lot depending on the show in question. Only the term anime feels way too general since there are many different series and genres. To answer the question though, I'm a fan of some anime series but I haven't watched enough to form a proper opinion honestly.

Also even though you might find something "perverted junk" there are still people who enjoy that sort of thing and that's what can make it popular. People have loads of different interests so I think certain things are popular just since they cater to certain people's interests.

26 minutes ago, Royce said:

Anime is satanic and I can't watch it.

My mom doesn't allow it.

HOW THE FUCK IS IT SATANIC???

Just so you know, I've read The Necronomicon, and nothing about anime is at all related to Satanism :/

22 minutes ago, Califorum said:

I don't have any personal experience with it though I personally think it's rather bad.

How can you think that it's "rather bad" when you don't have any personal experience with anime? 

7 minutes ago, Royce said:

There's little clues all over the place...

Can you give some examples?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Gestum said:

How can you think that it's "rather bad" when you don't have any personal experience with anime? 

Can you give some examples?

As in I've never watched any shows, but I've seen alot of the more shady things about the place I won't mention. 

1 minute ago, Yamet said:

Could you give an example or two? 

Sure, let's take DBZ.

The Bible tells us that Satan fell from Heaven as a dragon to the earth, and his aim is to deceive as many people as possible. In Japan, the dragon is worshipped, hence the reason why DBZ shows the dragon that grants you wishes. Listen to the intro of the opening theme song, and you’ll hear that the “dragon” name is emphasised more than 10 times.

The 666 symbol, a sign and number of the beast, when Goten lifts the car that’s driven by Videl and Gohan, is also shown in DBZ. Videl means devil when it’s rearranged. In the Buu saga, which was my favourite saga of all time, witchcraft dominates the majority of the episodes. In the final fight between Goku and evil kid Buu, the citizens of earth chant “Satan, Satan, Satan,” when they’re sending their life energy to Goku’s spirit bomb.