Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Do you like reading?

CandyCorn

I love reading! I’d rather read a book than watch a movie because you can see the world through YOUR perspective and not through the movie. And most the time the movie gets almost everything wrong 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, ~Dusky~ said:

It depends WHAT I'm reading more than anything. I've read the original Jurassic Park book many times and I've read lots of HP Lovecraft, but I can't get through some required reading I had in school because some of the stories they were seemingly designed to bore. I don't really read often at the moment because my current selection isn't entirely to my liking, and the library in town has a pretty bad selection...

Ebooks are pretty cheap on amazon, and even free in some cases if you have amazon prime; you just need the Kindle app on your device/pc.

Many classic ebooks are also free (for example, the gutenberg project has more than 58 thousand books)

28 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Ebooks are pretty cheap on amazon, and even free in some cases if you have amazon prime; you just need the Kindle app on your device/pc.

Many classic ebooks are also free (for example, the gutenberg project has more than 58 thousand books)

Sounds interesting, though I am not really able to spend enough time on the internet to get to that point I don't think.

5 hours ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Sounds interesting, though I am not really able to spend enough time on the internet to get to that point I don't think.

They are all downloadable; I use an actual ebook reader (an original kindle, that has an unlit epaper screen and needs recharging once a week at most) but you can substitute almost any device, including phones, tablets and computers, and read offline.

Literally sat and read one book last night (/Fae of Fortune/) and have a new /Rivers of London/ book, only published yesterday ,to read tonight (/Lies Sleeping/)

I love certain kinds of reading materials.

I don't like novels or thick books with no pictures in general.

But I like encyclopedia is with pictures/illustration, Wikis, instruction manuals and brochures. In general, I like a book with pictures in it or at least a thin book if it has no pictures in it.

Edited by Kevin Tang

I only read particular things like Warhammer 40,000 or Redwall. I prefer more visual mediums like video games and comics but I will read particularly good stuff that catches my eye. Plus I need something to do when it's super slow at work and a book is easy to put down immediately.

Growing up I was never a big reader. When I did read it was mostly non-fiction stuff about moviemaking, the science of special effects, film bios or accounts of film production and animation. I was interested in how things worked and why. But now I read mostly fantasy fiction like Harry Potter, Narnia, The Prydain series, The Hobbit and currently the LOTR trilogy. I got back into reading when I started reading the Harry Potters to my niece (and she had me playing all the different voices of the movie actors). Now I'm in the habit and enjoy it whenever I can find the time. 

• Brohoof 1

On 11/15/2018 at 3:36 PM, Sondash Studios said:

I mainly love detective novels. Anything with loads of suspense, and mystery... And action.

But my book is about Minecraft this time. But not like the ones in stores. It mixes both minecarft and real life survival, has loads of action and mystery to it.

Ever read any Robert B. Parker? Sue Grafton? They wrote some of my very favorite detective stories.

I really do enjoy reading. I discovered my hidden talent for it back in Grade 5 and I was actually really good at it - Not bragging or anything. Reading a good book is like an adventure, which unfolds within your imagination. If things like Video Games and YouTube didn't exist, I would be doing a lot more reading.

I love to read!   Reading is a part of my family given my mom and my grandmother always had a book in their hands when I was growing up! So books are a very part of my life and reading as a whole! 

Edited by Tao

Im not really interested in reading, since i rather want to her something or better yet see.

If it is too silent, im just reminded of my normal life, which scares me. I need distractions in my life and simple reading doesnt do it for me all that much. That being sad, i have read some books and comics in the past, but i do it very rarely. The last thing i did read was almost 2 years ago. It was a graphic novel based on the second Human Target Live Action Series, but only because the second season never made it to dvd. ( unless it actually did it now, i dont know, i dont check that anymore ) 

Edited by Nanotek

Yes. The books I read tend to be about history (primarily about Russia), politics/ideologies, or economics. Unfortunately, I do not have as much of an appreciation for fiction as of yet which is ironic considering this forum revolves around MLP.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reading's great. I'm a big fan of Poetry and Horror.

My favourite Horror writer has got to be H.P Lovecraft, I love the language he uses and he does an amazing job creating suspense. He also heavily inspired Bloodborne, which is one of my favourite games!

3 hours ago, Brioric said:

But I haven't read many books in the past few years

I can relate to Brioric, it can be hard to find something interesting to read, and even then, the action of sitting down and actually beginning to read can be tricky. However I find that when I actually get down to it, I really enjoy it and hours pass without me noticing.

• 1 year later...