Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When was the first time you visited the MLP Forums?

Dashy 4 Ever

Oh the memories. It was back in September 2012 (So long ago already :(), I had been dealing with hardcore depression (not much has changed there) and I kept seeing clips and stuff of FiM and it looked wonderful. Found out about the fandom, started watching the show and only two days later I searched for 'my little pony forums' and badabingbadaboom, this site was the first result. I remember being so nervous. X3 Crazy how that random search led me to the site I would by far be the most active in my life.

• Brohoof 1

I first came here sometime in December 2013 back when MLP was at its peak and I saw it from the Wikia from a number of users back then. 

@SparklingSwirls was one user I remembered back then before we became friends the following year. 

Edited by Chrysalis89

I joined MLP Forums In April 2016 after wasting three years on Equestria Forums. A friend of mine was here a long time ago, had some negative experience, and advised me to try EqF instead, so I did. Once it started going downhill there I came here and enjoyed it so much I've never turned back, and I have no intention of leaving. This place is soooooo much better!

• Brohoof 2

No exact date, but my first time here was a few years ago, when I was still early into liking the show.

Good times. Waking up super early so I could watch episodes of MLP,  and play on brony servers in Garry's Mod while everybody was asleep. Gonna pat myself on the back for keeping that secret so hermetic. The cat's out of the bag now, though. And it's kind of an inside joke among all of us.

Some of my better memories come from playing on that brony server. "Ponies Playing in a Sandbox" was the name. Haha, I remember when I was playing there and I was a brony but not really admitting it to myself yet. Something I liked to do was make myself an office... upside down and on the ceiling, just to confuse the other players :). Or Just kind of chilling and watching them do "whatever it is that bronies do" as I used to say back then.

What really kept me interacting with the fandom around those times was the thrill of enjoying something that you're not really supposed to :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by Humanity Is Good

I think a couple of months before I actually joined here?  I used to come on here randomly to see what topics there were when I was more into the show and there was a topic that I really wanted to comment in so I joined and made my comment there.

• 1 year later...

October of 2016.  I was 15 years old at the time. I lurked here on and off for a few days before finally deciding to sign up. And I am so glad I did! 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

At the very beginning of 2019, partway through winter break. I had just started watching MLP about a month and a half prior (only an episode or two a day, max), and once winter break came around I started binging it. I think I was partway through season six when I found the forums. That was when I realized I was nearing the end of what was released at the time, and I started to feel inexplicably sad (that was also around when I found out season 9 would be the last, as well). I was scared off a little by the stereotypes I'd heard about the community, but I decided to give it a shot anyway, and I'm really glad I did.

I visited and joined the forum on June 13, 2019, but I didn't make my (first) Welcome post until June 30, 2019, 18 days later. I was waiting almost 3 weeks to say hi because I didn't know if I would fit in here. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1