Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wish for Cozy to be reformed?

FearTheBelle

Pretty simple question, really, do you want Cozy redeemed or do you want her to go the way of Chrysalis?

For me personal, I absolutely want her redeemed, not the least because I have issues with the nonchalant way the S8 finale treated throwing her into Pony Hell. But, more controversially, I want her to develop a real 'friendship' with Tirek and bring him into the light with her, preferably by helping to save the day at some point in Season 9.

• Brohoof 1

As much as like Cozy Glow as a villain, I honestly can't see the writers giving Cozy Glow a bad ending. It just seems too sad for an MLP show. 

• Brohoof 3

Short answer: Yes

The long answer: Heck yeah, Starlight Glimmer is just as guilty as that "child" and deserves to be incarcerated just like this "child" was...

Edited by R.D.Dash

I'll be the one opening a can of worms and say no. 

I personally see Cozy more as a stereotype of the sweet kid with a dark side, on the likes of characters like Darla Dimple and whatnot. I'm not saying kids should be thrown in jail like this, my point is more that Cozy is just full of sloppy writing even before the S8 finale. She was blatantly foreshadowed as the main villain of the season, and with the show coming to an end, it's pointless now to redeem her already. I would say yes to a redemption if she was in an earlier season

• Brohoof 3

Cozy Glow kinda has to be reformed in the end, right?

Personally, I would like her to stay a villain since, the "I didn't have any friends & now I do." trope was already used with Sunset Shimmer. 

Yes I do.

I also believe the rest of the villain beside Groger and Tirek will be reformed. King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow have their emotional weakness. The other two are just power Hungry.  King Sombra like stygian, is just corrupted with black magic, I'm sure they will cover that in the show just as they did in the IDW comic. Queen Chrysalis like Discord, who prefer having people around her (hinted in mean six). And Cozy Glow like Tempest Shadow, do not understand friendship. S if that is being explored more, these three will have a fairly good chance to get reform. 

As with Sombra and Tirek, the entire basis of her character is that her motivations are straightforwardly evil, so I don't think reforming her would really fit. I guess becoming nice would be more plausible for a child like her than for those two, but what's the fun in that? 

• 5 months later...

I definitely do want her to be reformed. I actually really liked Cozy Glow when she was introduced and was sad when she turned evil (even though I knew it was coming). I was hoping that she would be reformed in School Raze but instead they freaking through her into pony hell. They through a CHILD into hell. Really!

• Brohoof 1

Not really. Not everybody can be redeemed and some people are just wired wrong. Besides, Cozy Glow did probably did more permanent damage than Starlight or Discord (for example, was every pony who was using a cloudwalking spell caught when the spell failed?).

I know it's "in fashion" to give children free pass for anything they do, but there are some people who are just evil and that may come out while they are still children.

Cozy Glow showed that she understood what she was doing, she planned it for a long time. She also seems to enjoy the misery of others (what she did to the CMCs for example).

She is a good manipulator and seems to be patient enough, so she could most likely fake being redeemed while she formed a better plan.

At least Starlight got what she wanted (friends) in a non-destructive way, so I would trust her not to brainwash another town. I would not trust Cozy, since she still wants friendship, but not like Starlight - Cozy wants friendship as a source of power.