• Hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, it was okay
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Title: Twilight Under the Stars
Air Date: March 22, 2019
Written By: Gillian M. Berrow
Synopsis (YouTube Video Description): Twilight volunteers for a fundraiser at the planetarium and gets the chance of a lifetime to meet a famous scientist 

My first thoughts: Whoa, for a moment I thought the woman there was Ex-Principal Abacus Cinch. She looks like she could be Cinch's nicer sister.

• Brohoof 1

I checked the credits at the end on a hunch and my suspicion turned out to be correct. Tara Strong provided the voice of Rosette Nebula which makes sense seeing as only three characters had any dialogue in this one. Rosette does remind me of Principal Cinch as well so maybe there's some kind of relation there? Otherwise it was quite a coincidence that the two bear a resemblance to one another.

What a nice short, and Pinkie returning as a loving character instead of a moron.

One could see Twilight's nervousness, I'm glad Pinkie and Timber helped her to meet her idol.

I must also point out what a subtle way to keep the TimberTwi thing going on. I really liked him being there, helping Twi but not meddling in her event. Nice support champ!

• Brohoof 2

I completely missed Timber on first viewing though i did notice a little puff of smoke when Pinkie's talking about stars being the glitter of the sky that makes me think she accidentally blew up that cupcake she was putting sprinkles on. Nice outfit Twilight's wearing here and Rosette does look like she could be related to Cinch. Though I can't help wondering if we were in Equestria would her parents be an earth pony and a unicorn?

• Brohoof 1

I think I liked this more than any of the Starswirl the Bearded stuff in 'Friendship is Magic,' but I do still have the problem that, every time Sci-Twi behaves differently from Princess Twilight, I feel like it betrays the spirit of this show. I dunno, I just have mixed feelings about Twilight being shy and passive. But I did think Twilight was cute in this, and Pinkie being supportive delighted me enough to compensate; I might complain, but this is one of my favourites this season. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
typo

13 hours ago, Senko said:

I don't know it is sort of in character for her around an idol look at her reactions to Celestia or Starswirls legacy earlier in the show.

Yeah, I suppose you're right; if anything, Sci-Twi is a lot less worried about meeting her idol than Twilight usually is. 

Also, are we getting a video-style short from Twilight? I'd be bummed if she alone were left out. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, look, Sunset from Friendship Game time traveled to the party!  OK, I didn't really like this short too much, but it was nice that Pinkie was funny again, and she was doing all she could to help out Sci-Twi.  I don't know, Sci-Twi just isn't the most interesting character for me.  If I had to guess, I'd say Pinkie Pie saved this short for me because thanks to her it was kinda funny.

• 7 months later...

Just noticed that Timber was the one who led Rosette Nebula to Twilight. Shout out to him. He knows what's up. 

I'm probably too harsh towards SciTwi; if I saw pony Twilight act like this I doubt it would seem out-of-the-ordinary to me, and besides, it's kinda refreshing to see a version of that character without the self-esteem boost of being a national hero and Princess of Equestria. 

• Brohoof 2