Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What graphic editor do you use?

RBDash

(edited)

Posted Image

macromedia fireworks

i think .PNG is the best file type to ever use and becuase MF uses .PNG for everything its easy to arrange and create them. however its a terrible program for drawing.

Edited by jarrod989

Usually Photoshop CS5.5, but if I'm doing something where I have to be really close to edit only a couple of pixels, I use paint. I don't like the grid that Photoshop makes when you zoom really close...

For many images which have been taken in a sequence and combined into one file (aka video ^_^), I use Adobe After Effects CS4 (better than CS4 is only for 64bit :( ) and Sony Vegas 10.0. I have Premiere, but it keeps crashing for no reason...

i think .PNG is the best file type to ever use and becuase MF uses .PNG for everything its easy to arrange and create them. however its a terrible program for drawing.

PNGs have full opacity support (better than the 2 bit GIF opacity support in GIFs, either fully opaque or transparent, and the 0 opacity support in JPGs), have full color support (unlike GIFs), and don't compress the image like JPGs do, which makes it look terrible.

The Mozilla developed APNG extend the capabilities of PNGs to allow animations, making crappy GIFs obsolete, but only Firefox and Opera, as well as an add-on for Chrome support APNG and the W3C refuse to add it to their specification.

If I need something better than Preview I use Pixelmator (mostly for its healing tool, which CS4 doesn't have)

Actually it does and CS4's heal tool is a lot better then Pixelmator's

Anything with "Adobe" as the publisher.

I use Photoshop and SAI for art, though lately it's been all Photoshop. For minor things I sometimes use Paint.NET. When I need to edit an image when I'm on Linux, I use GIMP.

Paint...and I'm taking classes that use Photoshop at my college, so I'm (very slowly) learnin to master that.

Now if we're talking making movies than I'm a master at WMM...but it's a terrible program so...

Photoshop CS5. I can't stand GIMP's interface. Though I suppose that's because I was using Photoshop years before I ever even heard of GIMP.

• 5 years later...