Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's a worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

My little pwny

15 users have voted

1. 1. Who's the worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

• Trixie
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Neither

There is too much Trixie love in this fandom. I think it's safe to say I dislike Trixie.

Anyway, I think Trixie is worse because she's a scammer, a liar, and a braggart. And while Diamond is a stuck up, rich little pain in the rear, at least she's still a foal and might grow out of it. While Trixie is probably never going to change. Despite all the fanfics saying otherwise. I just don't see it happening.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie getting 16.67% of the vote?

I think Trixie has a perfectly normal number of fans. What surprises me is the number of people that hate her (and the number who are vocal about it). Hell, Trixie gets more hate than Rarity, and that's saying something.

She is, in effect, a magician (although she uses real magic). A magic show is all about lies, in Equestria or in the human world. Magicians and other performers establish false, grandiose personalities as part of the act. As for being a jerk, well I suppose she certainly could have been nicer, but imagine that Twilight had turned Rarity's hair green. It certainly wouldn't be good, but people wouldn't hate Twilight for it. Part of Trixiehate, I hypothesize, is simply a desire to hate the antagonist, even if a good reason is lacking.

I like to think of the whole Ursa debacle like a human magician from the early 20th century with the famous "catch the bullet" trick. Essentially, the magician gives an audience member a gun, loaded with a blank, and instructs this person to shoot them. The magician, when the gun goes off, then pulls a bullet from his sleeve and claims to have caught it. But, as is often shown in movies, the fear was that a skeptical audience member would pull out a gun with a real bullet in it and fire at the performer. Trixie likewise claimed a grand stunt as part of the show. But Snips and Snails decided to test this by putting her in that real situation; Trixie is not at fault for the Ursa rampage.

Trixie needs more love.

Lol she gets so much love and fanart already.

I dont HATE her I just dont see how so many people LOVE her. She didnt use just the plain old Bunny in the hat trick, she lied everywhere, and she used her magic to be mean. "I can do better then everypony" when do magicians act like their better then everybody?

Trixie getting 16.67% of the vote?

I think Trixie has a perfectly normal number of fans. What surprises me is the number of people that hate her (and the number who are vocal about it). Hell, Trixie gets more hate than Rarity, and that's saying something.

She gets a lot of love for a one episode ,antagonist magician. Also, I dont see all that many people that hate her. I just dont like her because she was mean to everypony. Of course im not against if anybody does though, but people always act like shes nice.

Though I am a bit amazed at how harsh you guys are to Diamond Tiara. I mean yeah, she is mean, but she is just a kid, and kids are mean. I don't think there is anyone here who can say that they never did anything mean as a kid.

Middle schoolers are mean... that and spoiled brats, but that's another story. Diamond Tiara uses her status to make fun of other colts/fillies, however that should be expected for somepony who has a silver tiara for a cutie mark (absolutely useless, btw).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Both are in truth, not bad ponies. Trixie has to be a showman in her line of work. If she didn't, who would come to see her shows? She needs to appear better than the rest if she hopes to make a living. It's just part of the job. Diamond Tiara is more a product of her class. We've seen how upper crust ponies are from the episode "Sweet & Elite". Very few of them are amiable, and most seem to be trying to outdo the others. I feel that Diamond Tiara would not be the mean spirited pony we've seen her as, if it weren't for the climate in which she is raised. That being said her father seems to be a down to earth type. Too bad it doesn't seem to have rubbed off on her. We do see ego, and we do see things we don't like in people. Though in my mind I feel that given the right circumstances, Diamond Tiara can be a good pony. She just needs to be challenged in a way that would allow for her to show these things. This is true with people as well. For this reason I cannot vote for Diamond Tiara being worst pony, because I can see that there is more to her than what we have been shown. There is a light in every pony.

Edited by Waifles

Trixie. Diamond Tiara is still a child, and Trixie should know better than to engage in that sort of behavior. DT is just naive and has some growing up to do.

I just don't unserstand what "that sort of behavior" means. What did Trixie ever do that was so terrible? She...

*Boasted about her abilities.

*Challenged ponies to compete with her. The three who accepted her challenge were embarrassed onstage by Trixie.

And she did both of those things to create an entertaining show for the audience. She created far more joy in the crowd than humiliation. Not to mention the fact that she gets hardly any sympathy when all of her possessions are destroyed at the end of "Boast Busters" and she is forced out of the town into wilderness with only the clothes- no, ponies are naked, with NOTHING. And people claim she deserved that degree of misery because of her pride? Trixie is the most tragic character of MLP.

• Brohoof 1

I just don't unserstand what "that sort of behavior" means. What did Trixie ever do that was so terrible? She...

*Boasted about her abilities.

*Challenged ponies to compete with her. The three who accepted her challenge were embarrassed onstage by Trixie.

And she did both of those things to create an entertaining show for the audience. She created far more joy in the crowd than humiliation. Not to mention the fact that she gets hardly any sympathy when all of her possessions are destroyed at the end of "Boast Busters" and she is forced out of the town into wilderness with only the clothes- no, ponies are naked, with NOTHING. And people claim she deserved that degree of misery because of her pride? Trixie is the most tragic character of MLP.

I guess I can see that. She still acted like that off stage, but I suppose if she was poor she needed to keep up the act around unfamiliar faces. But even when she knew she was defeated she still tried to keep up the act even though she should of felt at least a little responsible for endangering everyone's lives.

Diamond Tiara is more a product of her class. We've seen how upper crust ponies are from the episode "Sweet & Elite". Very few of them are amiable, and most seem to be trying to outdo the others. I feel that Diamond Tiara would not be the mean spirited pony we've seen her as, if it weren't for the climate in which she is raised. That being said her father seems to be a down to earth type. Too bad it doesn't seem to have rubbed off on her.

This sounds like a lot of what could have happened. I'd love to see Diamond Tiara raised to be a kinder pony; but she wasn't in the show she is the pony everypony here dislikes and I doubt it will change unless Filthy Rich goes bankrupt. Even then she might still be mean. I feel her personality is too extreme to be a simple product of high class life.

I believe that Diamond Tiara is the worse out of the two. Will she ever grow out of it? I do not believe so in her environment. She is a representation of your standard school bully/stuck-up snob. She's superficial and has an all-around nasty attitude.

Trixie, as said before, had to sell a show. Her character traits onstage aren't even that bad compared to Diamond Tiara, either. We haven't seen enough of her in the show to really give a final judgement, I don't think. We never truly know if she learnt her lesson with the Ursa Minor, or if she is like that when not trying to keep up a facade.

This sounds like a lot of what could have happened. I'd love to see Diamond Tiara raised to be a kinder pony; but she wasn't in the show she is the pony everypony here dislikes and I doubt it will change unless Filthy Rich goes bankrupt. Even then she might still be mean. I feel her personality is too extreme to be a simple product of high class life.

Of course it is something that "could have happened", but didn't. I'm not one to judge a person or a pony based on only a few instances. All we've seen of Diamond Tiara is a nasty pony, so it makes sense that people see her in that light. I'm just saying that there is probably more to her than what we've been shown. It doesn't feel right to me to simply take her at face value. I would afford this not only to Diamond Tiara, but also to people like you. Consider this for a moment, and what it means in terms of the elements.

Diamond Tiara's personality is extreme, because she is head-strong and confident in her words. She is also not afraid to speak her mind. This in combination with the climate of her class is, at least in my view, what makes her as she is in the show. If we were to take her personality, and put her in an impoverished circumstance. She would be reacting much differently. She might even become a champion of the poor people, not afraid to speak her mind or challenge the status quo. This is all subjective. I know this. However taken from my own experiences. This is what makes sense to me.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I have to go with Diamond Tiara on this one. Trixie at least had some talent, plus we've only seen her analness in one episode, as opposed to the multiple episodes where we've gotten to see Diamond Tiara be a grade A pain in the plot!!!!! :angry: In fact, if I ever ran into her, this would be the first thing I'd have to say to her...

Posted Image

No offense Mr. Mule. :)

Of course it is something that "could have happened", but didn't. I'm not one to judge a person or a pony based on only a few instances. All we've seen of Diamond Tiara is a nasty pony, so it makes sense that people see her in that light. I'm just saying that there is probably more to her than what we've been shown. It doesn't feel right to me to simply take her at face value. I would afford this not only to Diamond Tiara, but also to people like you. Consider this for a moment, and what it means in terms of the elements.

Diamond Tiara's personality is extreme, because she is head-strong and confident in her words. She is also not afraid to speak her mind. This in combination with the climate of her class is, at least in my view, what makes her as she is in the show. If we were to take her personality, and put her in an impoverished circumstance. She would be reacting much differently. She might even become a champion of the poor people, not afraid to speak her mind or challenge the status quo. This is all subjective. I know this. However taken from my own experiences. This is what makes sense to me.

Well I feel the episode involving her as the editor-in-chief (I forget the title?) showed a lot about her personality though it is still true about what you said on it being because of her upbringing.

Silver Spoon seems more like the type who people could get to like if they got to know her as she simply follows what Diamond Tiara does. If she was put in the position you described she may not be a "champion of the poor people" but would still become friends with other ponies than DT. I just don't think Diamond Tiara is as nice as some think on the inside. When I think of her life outside the show I see the same attitude but aimed at maids and servants instead of classmates.

Alas, we will never know for sure unless Hasbro makes and episode about it. If they do make that episode it may become my favorite one yet. xD

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an episode where it is revealed that Filthy rich is just playing the role of a rich guy, and is actually in debt up to his eyeballs. When DT does her snobbyness stuff to the CMC, Apple Bloom does some counter-bullying to her by say, "If your so rich, why don't you go to a private school?" This question resonates with DT and she does some investigating. She finds out that her family isn't rich at all and gets in debt just to sustain their rich lifestyle.

I think that would make a decent episode

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an episode where it is revealed that Filthy rich is just playing the role of a rich guy, and is actually in debt up to his eyeballs. When DT does her snobbyness stuff to the CMC, Apple Bloom does some counter-bullying to her by say, "If your so rich, why don't you go to a private school?" This question resonates with DT and she does some investigating. She finds out that her family isn't rich at all and gets in debt just to sustain their rich lifestyle.

I think that would make a decent episode

damn... I might actually feel bad for DT then,,,

(edited)

Why the hell is everybody saying Trixie is nice >.<

And most people are saying Diamond Tiara is worse. I disagree. I hate them both ^^

Edited by LightningWolf

I think Trixie is worse. They are both annoying but Diamond Tiara is still young. A lot kids act that way but soon grow out of it, at her age its kinda forgiveable.