Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's a worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

My little pwny

15 users have voted

1. 1. Who's the worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

• Trixie
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Neither

I think it's diamond tiara because she bullies other ponies that she thinks is below her! Trixie just shoves her "talents" in your face but it's not as bad as diamond tiara.

I agree with this but on the other hand Trixie is an adult and won't be changing her views any time soon. Diamond Tiara still has time to grow up and realize she's not the most important pony in Equestria - but with a name like "Diamond Tiara" I doubt that will happen

Trixie may be arrogant and overly self-absorbed, but that really isn't as bad as Dimaond Tiara, who hunts after the CMC quite often to try and make them look bad, with malice and pure bullying being her trademarks, even for someone so young. It's one thing to be obnoxious, it's another thing to be a pricky little predator who tries to belittle others reputations for the sake of thier own.

Trixie, without a split-second hesitation. Sure, I think the stuff Diamond Tiara has done is probably worse, but she is still just a young filly, raised by a rich family and spoilt rotten. Who is to blame for that? Certainly not Diamond Tiara herself. It's her upbringing, and that is the fault of her parents.

Trixie is an adult (i.t.o the show) and so she doesn't have that defence. She should know better. I don't mind the boasting aspect as much as her blatant lie, and then her scornful attitude when Twilight defeated the Ursa when she couldn't do more than annoy it. And then her fans try to play the sympathy card by saying she was "run out of town." Hardly, she left on her own initiative, and after making rude comments to Twilight. It was pretty unfortunate that her home got crushed, but that wasn't really anyone's fault but her own. (If she hadn't lied, Snips and Snails wouldn't have disturbed the Ursa in the first place.) Gilda did the same thing, but at least she had the good grace to look a bit conflicted first.

tl;dr: Diamond Tiara is bad, but it's her parents' fault. Therefore, I vote Trixie.

Diamond Tiara is most definitely the worst pony. However, it is not her fault that she acts the way she does. Tiara is a product of her "wealthy" upbringing and was most likely taught, at a young age, to belittle other ponies as a way to increase her stature. As somepony noted above, Tiara's true self emerged during her reign as editor-in-chief of the Foal Free Press. Her goal was to find as much dirt on everypony, in an effort to demoralize them (and to sell papers, as we saw everypony loved the gossip when it first started) and provide herself with a platform to shine. Unfortunately, Diamond Tiara must suffer from low self-esteem (this is my opinion and it might not be right, but this is my analysis of Diamond Tiara)- Tiara has to constantly make herself look amazing in front of her peers, by putting other ponies down. This is evidenced in the numerous episodes where the Cutie Mark Crusaders are in the classroom with Tiara.

I would love to see what Tiara's home life is like, as it would provide us with a better understanding of Tiara and her vicious actions (does her father make fun of her, does he beat her, is she ignored by her parents and left alone in the house, is she constantly praised even when she fails at something, does she get everything she wants...there are so many possibilities and each event that occurs at Tiara's home, could potentially alter and mold her emotional state). At this point, we do not have enough information to fully understand Diamond Tiara.

As for Trixie, she is just an amazing show-off, that is cocky, brash and arrogant. Again, like I noted above we do not have enough information or background history to fully understand why Trixie acts the way she does. We know, that Trixie crumbles under extreme pressure and is prone to running away (as is evidenced in the episode Boast Busters, where she freaks out when confronted by the Ursa Minor and then later runs away from Ponyville). However, she acts very similar to Diamond Tiara when boasting and showing off. When the mane6 tried to compete against Trixie, she both belittled and made fun of them by using her magic-each time one of the mane6 went against Trixie they ended up in a compromising position. Trixie did this to affirm, in her mind, that she is the greatest wizard in Equestria.

In the end both Trixie and Diamond Tiara are very similar, however, I still think Tiara is the worst pony. Trixie is just too amazing and I would love to see her return to MLP.

Diamond Tiara, spreading rumours around just because it would make their newspaper exciting and popular and actually hurting ponies. Seems worse than just showing off like Trixie did in my opinion...

(edited)

Sure, I think the stuff Diamond Tiara has done is probably worse, but she is still just a young filly, raised by a rich family and spoilt rotten. Who is to blame for that? Certainly not Diamond Tiara herself. It's her upbringing, and that is the fault of her parents.

Diamond Tiara is most definitely the worst pony. However, it is not her fault that she acts the way she does. Tiara is a product of her "wealthy" upbringing and was most likely taught, at a young age, to belittle other ponies as a way to increase her stature.

Just gonna note some major points for everyone talking about Tiara's upbringing: yes she is certainly spoiled, but she chooses to be a bully, it is not all her parents' fault. Her dad hardly seems like someone who would ever give the idea to belittle others and be a bitch, because besides being slightly stuck up in nature due to the wealth, her dad seems fairly reasonable, even forcing the snobby girl to partake in the 'singing to the water' ritual, in gratitude to Granny Smith for the Zap Apple Jam he bought from her. He's really completely unlike his daughter. The wealth started it, but she chose to spiral out of control into what she is. I refuse to believe that none of it is at least partially her choice.

And as far as 'oh well, she's just a filly, she'll get better as she matures' goes, that is more opinion than it is fact. It's an intelligent opinion, but still not a fact. There's just as many people who grow up from being spoiled brats, and remain spoiled brats their entire lives, as there are people who learn what it means to be a good person, and stop being brats even though they're well-off. Given that Tiara's only purpose is to be a reoccurring antagonist for the CMC, there is zero evidence that she will ever learn her lesson. The reverse side of that is that I cannot prove that she will never change, either, but one thing is for certain, her dad is not the core root of her behavior, because like I mentioned, and like you are about to see in this following clip, he has been shown to have respect and morals towards others, even making his daughter have the same, even when she didn't want to.

Here's said clip I am referring to. The episode is 'Family Appreciation Day'.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbE8PyDC-Tc

So, my educated conclusion from this video's demonstration of her father's personality, is that her father does his best to try and keep her as straight on the moral path as he can, but he's so busy constantly that he is hardly around. Tiara probably acts goody two-shoes around him to keep out of trouble, but the wealth of the family got to her from day one, and she has just rotted into what she is since then, and who knows how much of it her father is actually aware of, if any. Even if you try to argue that it's the dad's fault that he isn't there to watch her enough, the fact remains it's her physical choice to be a manipulative bully.

Tiara is worse pony.

/packs up demonstration, sips a glass of water and snuggles with Dashie on a cloud

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just gonna note some major points for everyone talking about Tiara's upbringing: yes she is certainly spoiled, but she chooses to be a bully, it is not all her parents' fault. Her dad hardly seems like someone who would ever give the idea to belittle others and be a bitch, because besides being slightly stuck up in nature due to the wealth, her dad seems fairly reasonable, even forcing the snobby girl to partake in the 'singing to the water' ritual, in gratitude to Granny Smith for the Zap Apple Jam he bought from her. He's really completely unlike his daughter. The wealth started it, but she chose to spiral out of control into what she is. I refuse to believe that none of it is at least partially her choice.

And as far as 'oh well, she's just a filly, she'll get better as she matures' goes, that is more opinion than it is fact. It's an intelligent opinion, but still not a fact. There's just as many people who grow up from being spoiled brats, and remain spoiled brats their entire lives, as there are people who learn what it means to be a good person, and stop being brats even though they're well-off. Given that Tiara's only purpose is to be a reoccurring antagonist for the CMC, there is zero evidence that she will ever learn her lesson. The reverse side of that is that I cannot prove that she will never change, either, but one thing is for certain, her dad is not the core root of her behavior, because like I mentioned, and like you are about to see in this following clip, he has been shown to have respect and morals towards others, even making his daughter have the same, even when she didn't want to.

Here's said clip I am referring to. The episode is 'Family Appreciation Day'.

So, my educated conclusion from this video's demonstration of her father's personality, is that her father does his best to try and keep her as straight on the moral path as he can, but he's so busy constantly that he is hardly around. Tiara probably acts goody two-shoes around him to keep out of trouble, but the wealth of the family got to her from day one, and she has just rotted into what she is since then, and who knows how much of it her father is actually aware of, if any. Even if you try to argue that it's the dad's fault that he isn't there to watch her enough, the fact remains it's her physical choice to be a manipulative bully.

Tiara is worse pony.

/packs up demonstration, sips a glass of water and snuggles with Dashie on a cloud

I understand what you are saying, but that is just the surface- how her father reacts around other ponies. What I'm talking about is what possibly could happen behind closed doors. Most children don't become bullies because they want to, most become bullies due to abuse (psychological or physical), extremely low self esteem or other major psychological problems. Yes, the majority of bullies really enjoy terrorizing other people (trust me I know, when I was middle school I had to deal with two bullies and I was scared for my life, they would beat the shit out of me, make fun of and torture me) because it makes them feel better, but what I'm looking at is the potential root, where her need to bully began. I do not condone her actions, in fact I think it's horrible what she is doing. I'm just fascinated by psychological aspect of it.

As for the "maturing" quote, that's just a cop out, an excuse to allow them to continue on. Instead of actually dealing with the problem most people will turn their backs claiming it's just how kids act. Because of that response look at how many kids over the last 5 years have committed suicide because of severe bulling (this does not including the countless kids that are psychologically scarred for life because of the abuse).

Edited by Abaddon

I understand what you are saying, but that is just the surface- how her father reacts around other ponies. What I'm talking about is what possibly could happen behind closed doors. Most children don't become bullies because they want to, most become bullies due to abuse (psychological or physical), extremely low self esteem or other major psychological problems. Yes, the majority of bullies really enjoy terrorizing other people (trust me I know, when I was middle school I had to deal with two bullies and I was scared for my life, they would beat the shit out of me, make fun of and torture me) because it makes them feel better, but what I'm looking at is the potential root, where her need to bully began. I do not condone her actions, in fact I think it's horrible what she is doing. I'm just fascinated by psychological aspect of it.

Abuse of any kind, said out loud or not in a show aimed at a younger audience is pretty much a nope, so I'm gonna disregard that platform. The only real thing left then is low self-esteem. She's far too malicious and persistent for her actions to be completely explained by that, in my opinion. Again, maybe that started it, but it doesn't explain absolutely everything, to me.

So from what I am reading, it basically comes down to a self-absorbed, arrogant, show off unicorn mare that might be insecure; and a arrogant, selfish, bully, rich-snob filly that may or may not have problems at home (I am generalizing). Good analysis everypony!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Abuse of any kind, said out loud or not in a show aimed at a younger audience is pretty much a nope, so I'm gonna disregard that platform. The only real thing left then is low self-esteem. She's far too malicious and persistent for her actions to be completely explained by that, in my opinion. Again, maybe that started it, but it doesn't explain absolutely everything, to me.

Well I believe we have reaffirmed the fact that Diamond Tiara is the worst pony (in regards to my look at her, I just love to dissect everything, I think it has to do with the fact that I have seen a psychologist all of my life and as such I've been deeply fascinated by emotional states). Somepony needs to do something about her and I hope the creators address her actions, it's not right they allow her to continue bullying when the show is about friendship and harmony. Yes, the CMC have over come some of her actions, but the idea of bullying has not been fully addressed and being a kids show I think it would be great to see an episode show why bullying is wrong and what can be done about it.

Edited by Abaddon

Well I believe we have reaffirmed the fact that Diamond Tiara is the worst pony (in regards to my look at her, I just love to dissect everything, I think it has to do with the fact that I have seen a psychologist all of my life and as such I've been deeply fascinated by emotional states). Somepony needs to do something about her and I hope the creators address her actions, it's not right they allow her to continue bullying when the show is about friendship and harmony. Yes, the CMC have over come some of her actions, but the idea of bullying has not been fully addressed and being a kids show I think it would be great to see an episode show why bullying is wrong and what can be done about it.

Well, they somewhat addressed that with Gilda, whom was a bully, and who got told to buzz off by Rainbow after she figured it out. That was related to the bully theme, though not the exact type you're thinking of. Anyway yeah, it'll be interesting to see where the creators go with Tiara in season 3.

• Brohoof 1

Diamond Tiara is a worse pony out of the two, because obviously Trixie is best pony.

But out of all seriousness, Trixie acts that way because boasting would make her show more entertaining to the crowd. Diamond Tiara on the other hand acts that way for no reason but snobishness...if that's a real word.

(edited)

@ ~Chaotic Discord~ For someone whose avatar proclaims "there is no logic," you sure seem to make good use of it. I still stand behind the point (hiding behind it, more like ;)) that as a child, Diamond Tiara is subject to influences that provide her with some measure of mitigation. There's a reason why there is behaviour that is accepted in a child (even if disapproved of) where it would absolutely not be tolerated in an adult. As I said before, Trixie should know better, being an adult in the show. As for DT's father's behaviour, it's possible that he puts up a front in public, as DT herself does with Cheerilee. But that would be speculation, since there isn't any evidence of his behaviour in private.

Besides, I think that DT does have her (incredibly rare) moments of niceness: she was delighted to have her daddy speak at her school, and she seemed genuinely happy to hear they were going to play "Pin the heart on the pony" in Hearts and Hooves Day. Although, it's not impossible that she was just faking it. Trixie didn't have any such moments (fake or genuine) that I remember.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1